We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 17:31

LiS:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 19:15

Oh, it wasn't easy. I took ages and felt awful afterwards. They're both really valid, I'd say, which is why I think it was a great ending.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 19:29

Drunkalilly wrote:

Amazing game. There's not a lot I can say that hasn't been said but it really is bloody good.
Spoiler:

Undertale Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 21:03

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Qeqeq1

Made short work of Octodad: Dadliest Catch on the Wii U eShop. A very novel and humorous concept that's executed mostly well, in which it's main strength is, surprisingly, the sense of empathy (in that Octodad is an outsider, trying to fit in, like all you nerds) that it gives you. It's really frustrating at times, but you're playing as an octopus; it's meant to be impresise, and to make mundane, ordinary tasks difficult. It's a likeable game that amuses, but even so, at under three hours I'd suggest you wait for it to fall in price. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 21:24

More Life is Strange spoileroos:

Ahh yes, Octodad. I've always wanted to play that one, but having watched so many videos of it, I think the only way I could really enjoy it is by playing it with someone who has not heard of the game. That way I could vicariously enjoy the fresh concept through their reactions, while having a chuckle at the co-op control nonsense. In fact, with that goal in mind, 3 hours actually seems like a fitting length. The problem is finding another human.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 21:13

You were all thinking how can Mas be any more mainstream then Halo 5, well I just finished
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Blackops3

As I've gone from one FPS to another my thoughts on Black Ops III I'm going to do a little different with

Halo 5 Guardians vs Call of Duty Black Ops III

Campaign:Halo 5's is short it took me about 6hrs and is focused on CO-OP that's fine but the AI is dumb, that you do feel like your on your own but the story does make a but more sense compared to BO3 and of course set's up Halo 6.

Where BO3's maybe be 10hrs long which is long for a COD and also has CO-OP but isn't the priority as if you play on your own it doesn't feel like your missing out. Unlike the previous you can make your character which is cool but I did read a article as you can play as woman and the game has women enemy soldiers, it promotes violence between women Rolling Eyes

And it has some fairly graphic scenes and stuff you wouldn't normally see in a COD especially the last level even if the story plait is a bit iffy.

With all that said and both being pretty linear but do have options on how you move starlight forward, I'm giving this round to BO3 as it does more and takes COD in a different direction.

Competitive MultiPlayer: Nothing has changed really from the last Halo or COD in the standard competitive MP, but I will give B03 the nod here as well due to having more modes and since about Halo 2, COD has been my MP fix.

Other MultiPlayer: Well this easy, I've never got Zombies yeah it;s okay but just okay where Warzone even though it's similar to other things we have seen in other games. It's still head & shoulders above BO3 as an alternative to Competitive MP in game.

Bonus bits: At the moment it's 2-1 to BO3, and thinking bonus stuff. Halo 5 doesn't have much, yeah it's SP will have replay value with CO-OP, always fun in Legendary, Intel & Skulls to collect & use which is all good but BO3 has Dead Op's 2, Freerun along with it's own collectibles to find and maybe some will do it in CO-OP on realistic setting. That this round can only go to BO3 as well.

If you read all that BO3 wins 3-1 and if you do own want a FPS and can only get one then BO3 does a lot more for ya money but Halo 5 still has that special something that only the Halo & it's universe has just 5 doesn't have a lot of it.

On a score for BO3, I'm going 8.5
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 22:19

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 JustDance2016_NAboxart
No Taylor Swift. 0/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 22:23

Well that does suck.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 0:52

Bayonetta 2

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 WiiU_Bayonetta2_scrn03_E31

I had great fun with this & while this isn't necessarily a bad thing this sequel is much easier than the first game, so if you have played the first it's probably best to start on 3rd climax difficulty as I went with the 2nd & only used one continue which came in the second last chapter. (I'm also not the best at the game)

The boss fights in this really are something else with the highlight for me being an early fight with the masked lumen sage which takes place inside a giant demon mantaray. Grin

Rating: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 23:58

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 49c806a8a8597403ab1c797df782ad73

Finished Assassins Creed: Syndicate this evening, or perhaps more aptly, finished the main story and still have around '40%' of the game left.

As per usual, there's more pointless busy work littered around this game's irritatingly large open world than any sane man can contend with. To "100%" this game would take anyone dozens of hours of mindless, repetitive, inconsequential jumping and clambering.

It also features the ever silly Templar vs assassin feud that is punctuated this time around by a complete prick of a playable character, Jacob, some bland villains and erratic plot pacing.

But for all of those blemishes which accompany the series, it's actually not a bad game at all. Stressful and shitty - tail this dude - missions are still in the game, but are have markedly better checkpoints than in Blackflag and the stalkees are far less paranoid. In fact, the first one of these missions I encountered was quite some way into the game, and had me clearing rooftops of snipers to protect a lass, making it well paced and without much risk of having the mark cock it all up by obnoxiously stopping to look around as if he knows I'm poking about.

It also has a few missions which are Hitman Lite Lite, inviting players to infiltrate a location and kill the dude, while also presenting a few means of going about the business in addition to some side objectives. These missions were pretty good, albeit a little streamlined.

London, at least aesthetically, is really well realised (if a little clean) - a bustling city, full of little alleyways and familiar landmarks distributed with a pretty good imitation on London's actual layout. And it is big. Impressively big, although thank God for fast travel because getting from one side of the map to the other takes a while. However, for as good as the city looks, Londoners don't seem to bat an eyelid at anything. As the player runs about killing goons left right and centre, a few nearby folk will scream, while some further away will walk over to inspect the body and make a few generic remarks. That sounds good, but resolves itself within seconds, with citizens then returning to their zombie like amble through London. It could really do with taking a look at a GTA game, even an old one like Vice City, where civilians would react in terror to violence, and make the player feel like their actions were having wider consequences on the city as a whole, rather than just pissing off the police/enemy goons. The state of AC's ai basically made me feel like Londoner's were so used to seeing assassins run about killing guys that, frankly, it was a minor inconvenience to their daily lives.

This isn't just a problem when ambling about, it rears its head in missions too. Only guards give a toss about the guy/girl with a bloodied knife. So rather than being a sneaky sneaky assassin, the path of least resistance is generally kill every guard in sight, let the civilians go back to doing whatever and jobs a good'n, which doesn't bode well when the game's narrative often acts as if you've been stealthy. Sure, that makes sense gameplay wise, but immersion wise it's jarring.

It got to the point where any mission that forced me to take the stealthy option, felt proper annoying because I knew I could kill everyone in London without breaking a sweat, but the plot said I'm not allowed to here so deal with it.

Even with that though, stealth isn't particularly difficult to pull off and even though the missions eventually outstay their welcome, for the vast majority of the game they're kind of fun. It feels like Ubi have refined the AC formula with this release. It's still very much an AC game, and still has the usual faux-content in pointless collectibles, but I only encountered a few graphical bugs and ultimately this is probably worth picking up for anyone interested in open world games. I'd wait until it's discounted, personally, but it sure as heck wasn't a bad game to come with my PS4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 11:25

I keep it mainstream with

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Tomb-Raider-6

I'm going to start by saying if you own a XBONE buy this game as at the moment it's the systems best exclusive (unless you like racing games then it may be Forza 6).

Why you may ask as it does everything right, it takes the uncharted formula but grounds it in slightly more realistic setting with so many options on how you will kill the 568 enemies (my kill count) and your reward for it, if you do it via stealth with XP to improve Lara's skills and what weapons you have by finding things.

Then as it's sort of open world but confined to zones, there is side-quests, challenges, nine (I think) challenge tombs which is still one of my issue as the game is meant to be the Rise of Lara Croft and her as a Tomb Raider and it does sort have more Tomb's mixed in to do the mission that your on but it still feels like do this one bit of platforming / puzzle solving, watch a lovely cinematic, fight some dudes and repeat but it does it flawlessly in what feels a lived in world and does set up Tomb Raider 3 nicely.

Graphically it's lovely especially the underwater parts, and her hair but then her hair looks so good it kinda sticks out.

Fantastic 14hrs of a good old fashioned single player focused experience that I think when it comes to the GOTY Podcast in January this will very likely make my Top 5 even maybe the Top 3.

9/10.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 14:24

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Tumblr_nuyldaHxw51rbros2o1_r3_400

This DLC has made an already great game even better, Plague Knight is just a delight to control and you have so many tricks potions & abilities up your sleeve which allows you so many options in not only how you traverse platforms but how you tackle enemies.

This bumps up my play time on SK to 39 hours in total & I still have some challenge mode levels left to do, it's so polished that I feel pretty bad that is was a free update & I can't recommend it enough.

Rating: A modern classic. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 14:27

How do you actually play Plague of Shadows, or do I need finish the main gate first also yeah it went in as a classic.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 14:30

You can unlock it by beating the main game (which I recommend you do first) or there is a old button code that can be put in on the menu screen.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 15:43

Plague of Shadows is brilliant. It turns Shovel Knight from a good game into a great game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2015 - 21:37

Finally 100%-ed Yoshi's Wooly World. Yes it's not as imaginative as the two games that converged towards it (Yoshi's Island, Kirby's Epic Yarn) but it is adorable. 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2015 - 21:41

Ah, I wish I'd had the patience and the inclination! It was the obscure collectables that dried me out in the end, I think: a problem the original had worse, mind you.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 0:09

Typoman

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 2758570-150105typoman_wallpaper

*long sigh of relief* It's a fabulous idea: manipulate words to affect the environment and make progress. The practice, however, isn't quite as lovely as that. There are bugs, particularly if you're running the game from an external hard drive (though they don't disappear if you switch the game to the system memory). Even then, the actual manipulation of the letters and solutions to the puzzles leaves a lot to be desired. Once you've come to terms with that, you're practically up against the first boss... who's also the final boss. It's... disappointing.

8/20
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 1:08

Aw man - thought that looked neat during the Direct. A shame the premise proved somewhat shallow in its execution then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 17:33

I was fairly unimpressed with the E3 Nindies demo for that, it just struck me as being very mechanical and a wee bit join-the-dots.

~

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Rodea-the-Sky-Soldier-Free-eShop-Download-Code

I waited almost five years to play Rodea the Sky Soldier on Wii. It was it's predigree that originally interested me when I first heard about it in NGamer Magazine - produced by Yuji Naka, it was supposed to be a spiritual successor to the legendary NiGHTs into Dreams on the SEGA Saturn. It's nowhere near as good as that, of course, but disappointingly it's not even as a good as the flawed follow-up, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.

Truth be told, the quality scale is all over the place. At times it plays really well; if you squinted, you could maybe just about convince yourself that you're playing a NiGHTS game. At others, it feels really amateurish, unpolished and even unfinished; often I felt that nothing was comeing together and stylistically that it was all a bit of a mess. It's quite hard work at those times. You definitely get used to things in Rodea the Sky Soldier, and, as much as I learned to cope with things, I never felt like I could master it. It's consistently inconsistent in that sense.

What are much more straightforward to describe are Rodea's controls, camera, stage design, storyline and music: unconvincing; aggravating; vanilla; mince; and pretty good.

I'm amazed that it ever came out, and all credit to NIS America, Prope and Kadokawa Games for finding a way to have it bundled with the absolutely baws Wii U version. As I said in the Rodea thread, I can be quite lenient with a lot of it's glitches as it's running on ten-year-old hardware, that doesn't bother me so much. Yet even when you break it down and play it in the way it was originally envisaged, it's not a great game. It's barely passable. That bothers me. It was £40. It's in no way, shape or form the 'cult classic' that it seems destined to become, nor worth the money. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySat 28 Nov 2015 - 13:17

Toki Tori

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 50150-klaar-toki-tori-1-edge-rush-naar-wii-u-300x168

The 3DS version was only £1.79 so, as Dusty himself once said about EDGE on this very forum, it would be rude not to. So I was polite, as is my wont. A really well-designed little puzzle game of the old school, which is its best feature... and its biggest flaw. Duh! Basically, I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel new or novel at all.

14/20
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySat 5 Dec 2015 - 15:51

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Devastation-trans

I was a little iffy on this one going into it as I do like Transformers and Platinum but with some middle of the road sort of reviews and only person, i know who's played it being Drunka.

That I wasn't sure if it would be good but getting it for £16ish on Black Friday on PSN was a good move, it's a simplified version of Bayonetta with a Transformers skin in a nutshell but that did me fine and is something a bit different before I start some massive RPG's.

If you like Bayonetta's gameplay and have a slight interest in Transformers, I'd say pick it up if you can get it under £20.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySat 5 Dec 2015 - 21:21

I'm making my way through Transformers very slowly. Every level is jam packed with characters and references and fun little nods to the cartoon, but it can all be a bit samey so I'm spacing it out over lots of evenings.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 6 Dec 2015 - 8:32

Dragon's Dogma

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Drake210

Okay, lets get one thing out of the way before I begin:  This game is awesome.

I'm sorry but I won't accept any views to the contrary as anything besides factually wrong.  

This is what you get when you mix the only good part of Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter, the only good part of Skyrim, and a dash of Devil May Cry.  
A huge world, a awesome simple to use but hard to master action system, and Amazing.  Effing.  Battles.  

Speaking of Skyrim, you call those pansy wyverns* Dragons?  HAH.  Grigori is how Dragon battles should feel like.  Massive in scale, against a sentient powerful Dragon.  Absolutely exhilarating battle.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Dragon10

The only, ONLY, bad parts of this game are the frame rate and cumbersome fast travel system.  

8/10, awesome game, finally a game that uses Dragon properly.  
Gets props for having Grigori be a actually decent sympathetic being despite being the bringer of evil (Dragons being evil "just cuz" is so cliche and unfair to them).

*Also chrome fails for not having wyvern in its spelling system.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 EmptySun 6 Dec 2015 - 19:23

I started Dragon's Dogma, and what I played of it was smashing, and what I've heard confirms what you've said. The only problem is I played it when I was pretty burned-out, games wise, and had just finished Dark Souls.
Hopefully we'll see it on Xbox backwards compatibility or a nice remaster, as I do want to properly give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next