We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 22:01

I said I'd be doing a Drunka / Zero and posting a load in one go and now I give you

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Beyond_eyes_v2_by_harrybana-d95eih5

Now this is a game I remember seeing ages ago on some site and thought that looked cool, then quite awhile later it came out and got mediocre reviews along with costing more the I wanted to spend on a short mediocre game.

Anyway I picked up it in a PSN sale for less then £3, and after playing the lovely ABZU and similar length EP1 of Batman, this wasn't that great going from them.

You play as a blind girl and the world shows around you with the watercolor art style whilst you're look for a cat, the controls are a bit clunky which I guess is due to you being blind but because of this the game seems to go on far to long even at 90mins.

I would of sooner had a much tighter 45mins worth of game, which could have really helped it to seem like a slog.

A few other cool things in the game along with a sort of emotional ending, it was worth the £3 but there are far better games out in this sort of genre.

6/10
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyThu 4 Aug 2016 - 12:38

Seeing as mas rated Abzu, I should probably do so too. It took me 2 hours 15 mins (I've since played another 40 minutes or so to find the collectibles I missed and generally swim around) and it is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. Easy 5 stars from me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyThu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:22

It's done, it's done, it's done! *Joker-like cackling*

Tales Of The Abyss

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Talesabyssccon4

TOTA became my game to play when I'd finished all the other games I wanted to play. The reasons for that are many: the actual gameplay feels like a small fraction of the experience. There is so much text, so much talk - it ended up being the best part of the experience. I've ended up enjoying the story a lot, far more than the combat. That might be my fault, though: I've only really got close to mastering said combat in the last couple of days. Embarrassed Anyway, the imbalance - and because it's also my opinion that the ending is not worth the effort - means I can't rate it all that highly.

14/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyThu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:31

Everybody knows what I think of TotA. Nah nah! Well done for ploughing through my man, I found it a glorified errand-boy's quest filled with stupid words and dull worlds.  And it doesn't sound like I was missing much by not finishing it either!  Thanks for doing so, so that I don't have to. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2016 - 1:23

Despite what I may say about the game in hindsight after finishing several other games in the franchise, I still maintain that it had some of the best characters! Well, besides Xillia's Alvin of course.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 16:34

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Kirby+64+Title+screen

Strange game, this. It's Kirby, Jim(bob), but not as we know it: the Copy ability combining mechanic, fun perspective changes and slow movement see to that. The Copy ability thing is brilliant, giving Kirbs access to a huge range of powers - each new one I got felt like the best one yet (the flaming arrows were my ultimate favourite - because ya gotta have flaming arrows). The sluggish pace, though, brings things down and wipes out some of the appeal. It also looks very strange. I had a thought a few days ago when I was playing Majora's Mask: the N64 is the 3D NES. As the first console where most games are 3D, the visuals of said games look awful, much like NES games now mostly look bad. HAL have tried to make the game look like it's been drawn using crayons and it doesn't quite work. Those complaints aside, it's lovely Kirby fun. Something is compelling me to give it

13/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 10:03

Kirby: Planet Robobot

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Kirbyplanetrobobotgametrailerign-1464018424798_large

KPR continues the series' proud tradition of being good without blowing your socks off. What it is, is a game that outclasses K3D. Id you intend to play it at all, you should definitely play the prequel first. You'll be disappointed otherwise.

The robot thing feels more than just a gimmick, like Hypernova. You really feel the increase in power when you hop into a robot, and the different robot powers are mostly well used.

I was going to give it 7/10, but the final boss was, while not hard (this is a Kirby game), one of the most batshit insane things it's been my pleasure to play for a while. 8/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 10:08

I'm glad you came to enjoy it. Judging from some of the things you were saying in the KPR thread, I was worried you might end up hating it! Shocked It's my 3DS game of the year so far... a title it may have lost by December but not so bad to have at the moment. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 11:53

Oh no, I could never hate it.  I've never hated a Kirby game.  I was expecting a firm 7/10 effort, solid with few surprises, and that's mostly what I got.  But the final boss pulled it up for me.  It's fresh in my mind, perhaps if I come back to it in six months I'll dock a point back down again.

My 3DS game of the year remains, far and away, Bravely Second.  Now that's in my top ten games on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 19:53

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 2015-06-16-6.10.58

I wrapped up EPII&III over the last two nights, this is not the best game from Telltale but it's not the worst either. It's still on sale (I think) for under £6 on PSN for a good 3hrs of story-telling.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:42

When you say it's not the worst, is that including pre-twd games, or do you think one sincs that is worse?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:44

I'm going post TWD as that really changed things for Telltale but I would rank 400 Days and Game of Thrones lower then Michonne.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:47

400 days isn't a game & that sounds pretty harsh on Thrones (though i've not tried Michonne yet myself, just sounds like you're being overly negative about Thrones)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:51

I would say 400 Days and Michonne is a lot a like but Michonne is just bigger but not quite as big as a full on Telltale series.

Thrones is still good but just the worst I've played, all the Uncharted games are good but the first is the worst doesn't mean it's bad.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 13:23

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Hinoka10

So, the second (technically first) route or "path" of the three "paths", Fire Emblem Fates Birthright.  Rather than wax poetic about about things widely adverti-oh wait, this is a Nintendo game so that may not be all that applicable!  Okay then, Birthright, the game that happens if protagonist Corrin chooses to stay with his birth family rather than side with adoptive siblings from enemy nation Nohr.  

Where Conquest was made for Fire Emblem veterans Birthright is made for the other end of the spectrum, newcomers to the series, and comes with all sort of conveniences such as a form of level and cash grinding and easier map designs to help ease people in.  

Was it less enjoyable?  Honestly, not really.  Conquests plot was a complete mess and while Birthright isn't exactly Brandon Sanderson quality either it's far less offensive (because lets be real, Corrin would've run crying back to Hoshido after almost every chapter in Conquest and his refusal to do so is a MASSIVE breach of his character).  The maps despite simpler designs and less ruthless enemy placements were still a great deal of fun (mostly, the start was pretty boring), and the cast was about on par with Nohr's royal family.  

If anything my only real complaints were how utterly broken some units were, specifically Ryoma and Takumi, the former being so broken you could send him in to a pile of enemy units and watch as he proceeded to dodge everything and either kill everything ranged or otherwise  outright ("wot weapon triangle?" - Ryoma) or through his ridiculous crit rate.  Even when he did get hit by a spear or two that just let him activate his Vantage skill and attack first.  Compared to is Nohr counterpart Xander the guy was absolutely absurd gameplay wise and he definitely took some of the challenge out of the later maps even when using him sparingly.  

Final Verdict: 8 out of 10, another polished Fire Emblem game and between the satisfying gameplay and ease of entry well worth a play for anyone looking for a lighter Fire Emblem to try out the series.  

Side-note, I played the game on Classic-Hard.  Just throwing that out there.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 14:07

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition XBox One

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Lara_o10

I got this with Xbox Gold a while back and filed it away with the intention of playing it, what is now a thing what I have done. Good videogame!

It does a pretty decent job of telling the story of a young Lara Croft, wide-eyed archaeologist, getting stuck on the island from Lost an island ruled by a cult who worship an ancient Storm Goddess and having to learn to fight for her life. The game, through every mechanical, voice and visual trick in the book shows Lara hardening as a person, without losing her sense of right and wrong. It isn't perfect: there was a point where she said something like "I can't just choose to let him die" to justify a foolhardy rescue, then less than a minute later I got the achievement for 50 headshot kills.

Overall, it worked though. I always felt like I was fighting mad, bad or dangerous men and I had no real choice. I never felt like I was killing men with families over a gold trinket I wanted to sell.

This game consists of shooting sections, platformy puzzley tomb-raiding and set-pieces. The combat is decent, with enough variety in the weapons and their applications to stop it feeling like a shooting gallery. The tombs are a real highlight: fun, but never too taxing, they serve as a lovely, sedate change of pace from the rest. The linear bits where you climb up things, sneak past baddies and run through disasters are all pretty and exciting, but on any level of inspection at all don't hold up as any more than holding the stick forward and doing quick-time events.

The game looks gorgeous, especially for what is essentially a last-gen game. The lighting and vistas are as stunning as you'd expect, and Lara is convincingly and lovingly animated. Her facial expressions, like Wind Waker Link, force you to care about what's happening. And she has a nice bum but it never, like, makes you look at it.

Music was forgettable, and Lara's accent is... acceptable, but more Game of Thrones bitpart than genuine brit.

Overall, this was an enoyable experience. I wouldn't want to play loads of this sort of thing, but now and then I just want a dumb videogame that fills a few evenings (and sickday mornings) while not taking much more effort than a similarly entertaining movie.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Lara_a10

10/10

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 14:43

I don't get the pop at Uncharted as both do the same thing with the enemies and the purpose of the main character being there and getting mixed up with the bad guys.

I wouldn't day TR was a dumb video game that's more of things like COD, where TR is a grand cinematic adventure.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 16:22

I never mentioned Uncharted, I could just as easily been referencing certain other TR games.

I wouldn't say it was as dumb as a COD, but at the end of the day you're paying for the window dressing, not the complex game mechanics.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 19:15

Sure and TR13 as Lara is younger and new to the whole new raider scene, you do have more sympathy for killing all the goons compared to other games part from the end when you go full Sarah Connor from T1 to T2.

I do think the the game which I've not played since 2013 mind has some decent game mechanics and even more so with RotTR but still not on par with some of the more sophisticated games. I do like to compare games with films where TR would be more of a Marvel film, where COD will be more of something from Mr Bay. That both have bang bang but one does have a story and good acting.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 20:37

Don't get me started. The marvel films are cookie-cutter productions, while Bay's Transformers has vision and character, as good or bad as that might be, and genuinely world class action. Nothing in marvel comes close to the fight in the woods from Revenge of the Fallen, for pathos, visuals, choreography...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 20:46

My comparison might not be the best but I was trying to think of a high budget action film with good acting a long with everything else being top notch which something like Avengers came to mind, where yeah Transformers did come to mind when thinking about stuff like COD.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing but one is more big dumb fun that has some decent set pieces like the woods scene.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 20:48

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Mario-sonic-bei-den-olympischen-spielen-rio-2016-logo

I'm done with Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games on Wii U. I didn't 'finish' it per se, but I've seen all it has to offer. In it's thread, I said that:

Quote :

I've played this more today, and I'm still liking it. That said, my two main issues are the lack of challenge and the way in which all the menus, character interaction, walking about and loading break up the flow of the game. There's loading screens that last longer than some of the events. Still, once your past that, it's a good, solid game...a likeable, respectable effort.

Looking back after about fifteen hours of play, I've got to admit that I was a bit generous there. The challenge ramps up considerably - which is fine - but the questionable design of the menu quickly frustrates, and becomes downright tedious after extended play. You play it more but you realise that it lacks variety, surprises, personality and depth. I kept playing so I could unlock the carnivals and the amiibo features, but the grind isn't worth the reward. Very disappointing.

That Mario and Sonic are here almost feels coincidental, which is a waste of the licences. it's a very ordinary, average Olympics game that is overall quite missable. 5/10.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 21:53

masofdas wrote:
My comparison might not be the best but I was trying to think of a high budget action film with good acting a long with everything else being top notch which something like Avengers came to mind, where yeah Transformers did come to mind when thinking about stuff like COD.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing but one is more big dumb fun that has some decent set pieces like the woods scene.

Avengers is a bad film. The whole third act is just indestructible men wading through paper cannon fodder.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 21:58

If Avengers is bad then what's other superhero films.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 22:06

http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t466-dc-marvel-dark-horse-comics-graphic-novels-tv-shows-movies-etc

Stick the superhero chat in here so I don't ever have to see it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next