We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 20:34

Yeah its just good hence the 7/10 (if you did the math).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 22:13

After thenonsense Mas chats about Halos 4 & 5 I'm still excited for Gears 4.

That said, I've still got 3 to play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 5:55

I just don't think Halo 4 & 5 especially 5 are very good compared to what Bungie did. Would you really say the 343 made games are good as the Bungie made ones?

They're not bad games but just okay, Gear of War 4, I did find a real grind as gameplay is repetitive as hell and your team is all rather muh.

It was pretty much I'm going to finish this because it's Gears and I paid £80, if it wasn't those two things then I doubt I would have but then the ending of intrigue, does make me go well now they've done hopefully they can improve on it for Gears 5.

If you got some buddies then playing in COOP etc and getting more out of multiplayer would improve the overall score of the game but for me it's a 7.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 20:45

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 791135-gunstar_super_heroes_gba_jp

I thought I'd lost the cartridge for Gunstar Future Heroes years ago, but I found it down the back of a unit on Sunday and I rattled through it that night. Tell you what, it's a graphical beast on the old GBA. This does so many things with the scaling, rotation and spritework that the GBA probably shouldn't be capable of. It still looks and sounds superb on the Game Boy Micro. It's definitely not a case of style over substance either  - it's a brilliant game that's a dynamic, imaginative and all-in-all worthy sequel to the Mega Drive original. What a game this is. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 20:52

I tried finding that a (long) while ago to no avail, but I was no good at online shopping back then. Think I was doing such naïve things as searching GAME's pre-owned selection. Might be time to restart the search.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:50

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Playstation-vr-worlds-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-14jun16?$Icon$

I may do a more in depth review on Gintendo tomorrow but for now the quick recap is The London Heist is really cool and all the rest of games are muh to decent but nothing to really write home about.

It's a good tech-demo like package showing what you can do with PSVR but nothing more then that and maybe we can now hope for a Getaway 3 from London Studio.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:28

Dishonoured 2 is out soon, and because I hadn't played the first one I bought it and beat it. It was absolutely fantastic too, despite being a stealth game there's no concrete requirement to not be spotted but if you go crazy and kill too many people the game story changes in some subtle and some not-so-subtle ways. Of the two possible endings ( high chaos = killed lots/low chaos = killed few) I got the low chaos ending, so I can't speak for the evil ending but the good ending is very satisfying and wraps the story up nicely. In terms of gameplay there are many different possible ways to beat every stage and myriad methods of killing enemies - all of which are incredibly good fun.
The game itself doesn't take long to beat, which is good too.
Rating: 8/10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 0:14

I recently beat it too and with the high chaos ending (Stealth usually went tits up for me) which I quite liked as it seemed to fit with the world/characters really well, though it probably comes down to how you perceive Corvo & he seemed the bent on revenge type for me no matter the outcome.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 10:32

Both endings suit the characters well because they aren't /really/ that far removed from each. They're more just like different expressions of the same character (being calm and showing restraint versus being mad angry).
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 14:58

Now that I've watched the low chaos ending aye that's true, also since Corvo didn't talk I RP'd him at times & my choices were usually just spur of the moment.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 17:59

I sort of pictured Corvo being the Batman type, only killing when absolutely necessary to protect the kingdom, so I played his character in that kind of way. It's cool how different people view his wordless character differently though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 23:02

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Sddefault
I found my post a few months back about Day of the Tentacle. Long story short, I'd probably have to say that Grim Fandango isn't quite as praise-worthy as it once was, compared with DotT, which, with the HD upgrade, is as fresh as it ever was. Long story long, the timing and mechanics of the original games are reason behind that. DotT was made at the high-point of 2D; it was already "stylised" (the artist knew that his drawings were going to be converted to 320x200 VGA, so everything had a cartoony look) and re-scanning the original drawings automatically made that game an HD piece of art. Grim Fandango, however, was created at the dawn of 3D, with tank controls, angular models, and basically pre-rendered texture mapping. Despite the HD-ifying of said textures, everything still looks a little basic. Almost charming, but not quite - and in fact the interaction with the environment is often frustrating, with many camera and movement issues that you learn not to create with a basic film-making course. It also loses a little over DotT with the structure - the adventure is split into 4 "years" (levels) as opposed to one big interconnected world, meaning things are little more linear, or at least they feel so. However, unlike DotT which was "so 90s", Grim Fandango's Art Deco/Latin American/Native South American afterlife has aged better; the 4 levels (possibly with the exception of the 3rd) are amazing. Rubacava would make a brilliant game all on its own. And, like all of Tim Schafer's work, there's humour everywhere - actually funny things, rather than references to things that sound like jokes (looks at Dreamworks). So, uh... 7.9/10.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 22:04

I've had Grim Fandango downloaded for yonks now, and you've made me approximately 79% quite interested in starting it up. Thumbs Up!

~

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Frame_0000_large

I'm done with Pirate Pop Plus on 3DS/Wii U. The reviews for this have been all over the gaff, with Nintendo Life giving it a 9/10 and Destructiod putting the boot in with a 3/10. Ultimately, I'm meeting them in the middle. As fun and playable as it is, it just lacks any sort of variety, or anything for you to really sink your teeth into. There's a simple pleasure in playing something that's just so resolutely old school (in being black and white, in having one screen, etc), but the one unique gimmick it has - the anti-gravity stuff - doesn't change things up quite enough. The rest of it is lifted straight from Super Pang on the SNES - only without the different levels, tactics and challenge. It's not a bad game. It's just competent. But it's definitely not as good as Super Pang, and I really have to question why that's the case. It really feels like a missed opportunity, all things considered. Super Pang isn't a game that's ripped off all that often, and the templete just begs for a developer to expand upon the original formula. This actually strips it right back, which is a disappointing shame. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyWed 2 Nov 2016 - 10:05

A few days go I finished Episode 3 of
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Batman-telltale

I can't use the official art for EP3 New World Order due to spoilers, on the Episode and the series so far has sort of stayed in the one gear and never gotten out of it.

That's not bad thing as we've not had dips like with GoT yet after TftB, I would like a bit more oomph.

I can't say much more due to spoilers but I did realize something during EP3, that I maybe playing the game wrong.

As you all know your own choices in Telltale games, yet I find myself making the choices based on what I know from Batman or I've got to let that happen so he becomes this character.

I guess I'm still making a choice by doing that but does seem odd how I'm playing it.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 22:55

I finished Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure a number of days ago, having bought it for tuppence a number of months back as it was part of a Humble Bundle. It was good fun - refreshingly loony plot and mostly enjoyable rhythm games - though the gyroscopically controlled ones were total willies and the formula of "go to scene, poke about for medals" was more tedious than in Layton because Raphael doesn't say anything when you do it - at least Layton and Luke have quips, however tedious. I mean, come on, a Layton quip became a meme!*

All in all I give it a worth a shot if you can get it for cheap and like both Layton and rhythm games cos it's basically a mish-mash of the two, though it can be a little tedious and feels a little thin at times out of ten.

*Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSabgFHieqVOqQvCKDoWwzrGnSASGvejizX8mcdLbpH3da5kD7ZRZBzMPyl
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 22:59

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Transformers-Devastation

Listen Nutjobs, Transformers: Devastation was a free game on PSN this month, developed by those Maximals at Platinum Games. It's a very good game, exactly what you'd expect out of a Platinum spectacle fighter, accompanied by a slick cartoon inspired artstyle. The game is shorter than Bumblebee, but that's fine because not only does it not outstay its welcome, but it's also harder than Cybertronian cake and there's an insecticon hordes worth of difficulty settings and challenge modes that means there's more to this one than meets the eye.

This isn't one for those without Hearts of Steel, but the game does it's best to roll out new enemies gradually enough for us mere Grimlocks to digest.

And speak of the Devil Z, you can ramage around as Grimlock in bloody Beast Wars Mode, which handles very differently to Prime and the boys. There's 5 playable Autobots, each with customisable weapons and varying statistical and physical differences which engenders a slightly different feeling each time you pound on Starscream

Bring on a sequel

8/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 18:53

Rhythm Paradise Megamix

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 SI_3DS_RhythmParadiseMegamix

I've earned the credits, although the game is far from over. However, I always call it for posting in this thread - and its predecessor - at the credits, so here we are. It felt like the game was doing the gaming equivalent of talking down to me; Beat The Beat started far harder, although to counter that it had much less support. Regardless, I have enjoyed playing RPM far more than its older Wii sibling. The fun is more concentrated, it seemed, in the handheld game. The WarioWare-esque madness is as resplendent and kooky as ever. An easy recommend, even if you're like me and have the rhythm of a burnt pedalo.

16/20
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 21:57

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Header

Rayman Legends

Just defeated the boss, which is quite straight forward once you know its patterns (it's similar to the hand in Smash Bros. FYI). Superb nod to Super Monkey Ball at the end too. Now, recently I said I prefer Origins to Legends after a few hours of playing, but I think they are about even in terms of quality. Legends includes half of Origins anyway, and has some hugely rewarding music-themed stages.  There's some superb level design in this game, and while I'm glad that there is a lenient restart system when you die (compared to the brutality of DKC Returns), it never felt too difficult. Don't get me wrong, both Origins and Legends are tough games, but the infinite lives thing means that you're never truly pissed off.

The problems with Rayman Legends lie in the fact that I played a port (Xbox 360)  and the "Press B" instead of using the touch-screen did get awkward. You'd need to jump and hover, and attack AND hit B to get Murphy to move part of the level. If the infinite lives weren't there, it could have ruined the game.

My favourite levels are either the mazes or the stealthy swimming stages where you're avoiding lasers. There's just so much content too - the Challenges, the Kung Foot bonus game, the Origins levels, the time trial Invasion paintings that are effectively Super Luigi U style re-imaginings of levels. I have about 420/700 teensies and I'm rather tempted to try and 100% it - it's one of the few Xbox games I own that I can play in the day (kids love watching too).

I know it was designed for the Wii-U, but if the Murphy bits weren't there, and it was simply a more polished sequel to Origins (the Legends levels make the Origins ones feel empty), I think this would be one of the best games of the last five years.

9.2/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 22:46

Glad you enjoyed it, sir! I think it's a corker - my favourite game of this gen. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 23:18

Missed Muss chatting Trannies Devestation. Corking little game that.

How many of those obscure Transformers gags did you have to google?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 23:36

2 - the Hearts of Steel line and Devil Z.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 0:30

It was Hearts of Steel that gave it away, there was no way I'd missed a reference to that in the game!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 0:52

The line was originally nerves of steel but I thought I'd give it a googs to see of there was a pun in there. All the beast wars shit is from the heart though #dinobot
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 9:51

ZeroJones wrote:
Rhythm Paradise Megamix

I definitely agree that this one eases you in a lot more than its forebears. It was only when I hit the Lush Tower that I really felt it got going. I'm just glad that you've finally truly enjoyed a game in the series! Any particular favourite minigames?

gjones wrote:
Rayman Legends

What did you think of the final boss, Other Jones? Must admit, I thought it was quite underwhelming, and that probably coloured my general perception of the game. Completely agree with you on the swimming stealth bits, mind: I usually hate swimming sections and stealth sections, and somehow RLegends managed to combine them both and make it good! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 10:53

Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Rhythm Paradise Megamix

I definitely agree that this one eases you in a lot more than its forebears.  It was only when I hit the Lush Tower that I really felt it got going.  I'm just glad that you've finally truly enjoyed a game in the series!  Any particular favourite minigames?

Flock Step has become a favourite. Having the support bits in place for people with all the rhythm of a blanket

DIGRESSION ALERT: Yes, given the chance, I will churn these out for hours. Grin

taught me how to play it, and it sits in the zone of 'challenging but achievable'. Timing everything well was a delight. I also liked Super Samurai Slice, as it felt a bit like a nod to Mysterious Murasame Castle. Also Spaceball, and the Martian translation one (well clever, that is). Still haven't played my favourite minigame in-game, though, which is the wrestler interview one. "Wubba dubba dub, is that true?" "Huh!" Classic, classic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next