We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reviews, Previews and Write Ups

Go down 
+7
Admin
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 0:31

Great work Drunka, the thing that put me of volunteering (besides working all weekend) was having to put the boot in on one of our first reviews but after watching the trailer it seems very appropriate, looks utter dross.

I'd volunteer to do Limbo but my last attempt to play it left me feeling frustrated very early on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 10:41

So I've just been sent 2 codes for Xbox One games, which have been sent to Drunka due to them being Xbox One games.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 10:55

I see how it is Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:00

I didn't think you wanted in for reviews also Drunka likes reviewing bad games.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:13

Naa, I'd be tempted if there was anything I'd actually be interested in playing Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:18

The two games are Blue Estate and the other is Roundabout
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:23

Yeah, he just PM'd me on the twits. Was watching the Roundabout trailer yesterday and it looked pretty fun. Would definitely be up for that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:34

Well if he wants to give to you that's fine, one does one the other does the other game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:44

Got my code now thanks! I'll crack on with it at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 11:51

So am I right in thinking a few of us are doing something at the moment

Jay - Soul Axiom preview as it's in early access, STEAM
Balla - Alphadia Genesis, Wii U
Drunka - Blue Estate, ONE
Andy - Roundabout, ONE

What are we ex-ngamer staff going to do xbox stuff now

I've also started Rune Factory 4, 3DS

Still got a Limbo STEAM code, if no one claims before the end of the week. Stu would it be your thing.

I'll give it away on twitter.

Affordable Space adventures I think we will get a code, so Zero maybe you would like to take that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 23:20

Based on my first five minutes, Blue Estate is a sexist, unfunny, unoriginal journey into tedium delivered through the medium of crap, derivative lightgun gameplay and cheap Kinect gimmickry. I'm not gonna enjoy playing it but I'm gonna enjoy writing about it.

Also, I don't have Kinect so I'm playing with an analogue stick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Feb 2015 - 7:44

Looking forward to that one. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Feb 2015 - 10:47

What it uses the kinect if you have one as I know that the game us on PS4 & PC has been for a while and didn't hear about them using camera. But would explain why it was delayed on the ONE.

Haven't you checked out the source material maybe that's like tour points.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:55

Saw some gameplay of Blue Estate on YouTube - it looks horrendous. Can't wait for the writeup Drunka.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:59

Horrendous doesn't come close.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Feb 2015 - 18:17

Welp, as expected! I enjoy the useage of the "crap" tag - might throw that on any bad games I review so we have a place for tripe on the site.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 19:54

I gush about Persona 5 in this trailer analysis piece.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 13:21

Hi guys, I was sent a code last night from a team whom saw what we've been doing.

The game well I say game it's more of an app is SDK Paint, I can't draw for shit.

So who is interested in this, if you are just send me a message and I'll send you all the details.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 15:51

Jas would be a good fit for that. Not sure if he's bothered, mind.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 15:58

He doesn't want it either.

Also been a sent something Jay will have to take a look at.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 20:07

Okay, this post is from all of the admins.  It only really applies to Mas at the moment, but in future it might apply to others.

We think it's great that people (well, just Mas at the moment) are getting codes for review on the website.  It means more content, which means more words, which means more #bantz, and maybe more hits/forumites. Grin

However, we're being very careful to keep GNamer "the brand" neutral and unbiased.  As such, even though the reviews may be done in GNamer's name, please don't solicit codes in GNamer's name, or say that the codes are owned in GNamer's name, or anything.  The codes are got by you, and then may be given to somebody from the forum to review on the GNamer Writes Site.

Thanking y'all kindly, and sorry for the seriouspost! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 2:03

Stu_the_great wrote:
Jas would be a good fit for that. Not sure if he's bothered, mind.

masofdas wrote:
He doesn't want it either.

Also been a sent something Jay will have to take a look at.

Nah, writing & reviews etcetera are not my thing & having just taken a short look at the app it seems to be your standard painting tool to be honest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 16:40

Balladeer wrote:
Okay, this post is from all of the admins.  It only really applies to Mas at the moment, but in future it might apply to others.

We think it's great that people (well, just Mas at the moment) are getting codes for review on the website.  It means more content, which means more words, which means more #bantz, and maybe more hits/forumites. Grin

However, we're being very careful to keep GNamer "the brand" neutral and unbiased.  As such, even though the reviews may be done in GNamer's name, please don't solicit codes in GNamer's name, or say that the codes are owned in GNamer's name, or anything.  The codes are got by you, and then may be given to somebody from the forum to review on the GNamer Writes Site.

Thanking y'all kindly, and sorry for the seriouspost! Smile

I believe we have stayed unbiased just look at Drunkas Blue Estate review for instance and how nice the HeSaw team was, The codes have all been sent to me at the moment by studios like HeSaw that sent me the BE code of course know where the review will be posted which is of course Gintendo / GNamer.

So it is a bit of a grey area as I've got the codes, it's my email there sending them to, me they've been dealing with but it's GNamer where they want them not masodas's blog or what not. So do GNamer own them.

But I'm guessing this comes from the tweet I sent out trying to get rid of the dam Limbo code, which I don't know how makes us biased because of that, maybe if we give all Xbox games a bad review and Nintendo ones a good one then yeah I would think were biased but otherwise I don't really see the issue.

As like you said if we get more forumites that's surely a good thing, like the guys that sent me the SDK paint code saw the site and talked to me about it. Well if there seeing it will that mean old people like a dead lemon will find us or new ones will join which means more #bantz

Sorry if you think anything I've done is out of line, just trying to do the best for the site and maybe help people Drunka get that job at OXM Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 6:48

The "neutral and unbiased" bit Balla mentioned basically means that we don't want to become promotional tools for a business. We should never be biased towards one console or company on the GNamer Writes site, mas, you're quite right, but it seemed from your tweet like you were giving away the Limbo code in some sort of promotion for the publishers. If we've been mistaken, we apologise, but the message of Balla's post remains: we're neutral and will not promote any publishers through the Twitter account.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 7:30

I didn't feel as though the code was being given away for promotion, but I felt like the phrasing of the tweet could have been tweaked to avoid suggesting like GNamer as a whole owned the code. It's a bit shady if it looks like we're getting codes and giving them away instead of writing about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews, Previews and Write Ups
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next