We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yoshi's Woolly World

Go down 
+20
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
JayMoyles
flora-chan
masofdas
Sentinator
TGN Professor
Jimbob
SquidgyGoat
Axis1500
beemoh
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 5:53

I seen this called Woollen World somewhere, perhaps a euro name change or mistake?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 9:54

SUPER BUMP!
Soon! I'm not sure how the game will play still; the fact that there's an easy mode suggests that it won't be as cakewalky as Yoshi's Story.And gdamit it's adorable. I might even have to - gulp - buy an amiibo.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 10:13

I'll definitely be getting one of the yoshiibo for this. The game itself looks adorable as anything, and I hope you're right about the challenge.

It's got to be better than YI DS and YNI, surely?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 19:42

A certain character was spotted hiding (not very well) on the cover for the game.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 19:45

Was kind of hoping for a different villain, like how KEY had Yin-Yarn. But I'm sure he'll do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 19:59

You know how we've had to wait for Kirby Rainbow Paintbrush (I can't remember the name) well the yanks are waiting for Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Apr 2015 - 12:02

AWWW FACTOR MAXIMISED.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2015 - 10:22

Looks like GAME will be doing bundles which includes the special edition and the other two amiibo.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 16:57

I don't play yoshi because it remind me a lot like Croc PS1

what the history of the making of Yoshi please?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:28

Yoshi's first game he was in was Super Mario World back in 1992 for the EU (1990 for Japan) a whole 5 years before Croc (or 7 if you go by Japan) which he is a sidekick in that game but later in it's sequel Super MARIO World 2: Yoshi Island he was the main star and you to protect baby Mario with him.

To this day SMW2: Yoshi Island remains one of my fav game and due it's popularity span-off it's own series with Yoshi Story on N64 along with a few others like Yoshi's New Island on 3DS but none of them have come close to the brilliance of SMW2: YI, it is on the Wii U Virtual Console as the GBA port of it Yoshi Island: Super MARIO Advance 3.

He's appeared other games like Mario Kart 8 and a sidekick in Super Mario Sunshine etc but yet a 3D game of his own they've all for now been 2D or 2.5D.

More info of course can be found on Wikipedia
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:38

Thanks for the information was interesting to read and yeah will check out wiki out.
What with the woolly world with yoshi and kirby games? what wrong with them playing normal world of there's lol Confused
They look magical enough without the woolly affect, what nintendo getting this idea from and inspire?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:42

It's what Nintendo does they take a idea then fit a character into it.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:45

You would have thought they give him his own world first of a game on the Wii U than do whatever they want after of woolly affect etc just seems a bit weird to do that when yoshi already coming back on the home console from along time ago, what do you think Chris? do you like Croc by the way? any memories of him?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:57

I really like the look of Woolly World and it's sometime different from aesthetics point of view on the Wii U also we get those Woolly amiibo.

Not got the many memories of Croc as there was better platformers at the time on PS1 like Crash.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 18:10

Oh yeah I remember playing crash bandicoot and he is a ginger so you can really relate to him lol Smile no remakes of him of yet?
Spyro the dragon was my favourite game of that generation because they did 3 different games of the series following. I am hoping in the future someone will bring spyro back to his normal glory world and other things he can do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCx9HLEe5cU
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 18:15

I think they chose the wool aesthetic because of how cutesy it looked - it really fits Yoshi and Kirby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 19:20

I wonder if they got the inspiration from little big planet idea? kind of similar towards it
Yeah fair enough if it makes them look cute but I hope they don't forget doing there world on Wii U too
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 13:54

I pre-ordered the game and Yoshiibo from NoE last night, in my lunacy. If it now nets a Nintendo Life 6/10, I'll not be best pleased.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 18:52

Shouldn't matter what they think as long as you enjoy it and feel you got your money out of it. As we have discussed about Indies & The Order.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 12:26

I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from this, I'm not expecting it to blow me away but I've always like Yoshi games when many others haven't and the amiibo is just too adorable for words.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 9:16

Advert is absolutely adorable.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 19:57

Balladeer wrote:
Advert is absolutely adorable.

THAT MIGHT BE THE BEST TH
Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 Giphy
overloaded
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 17:17

I'm not really excited about this, but I'm sure it'll be good, it's just again toiling in the shadow of the 1995 original. Kirby's Epic Yarn was great because Good-Feel were making something almost entirely new, whereas this is trying hard to be a Yoshi game. Looks promising from the Direct footage, though this hands-on doesn't sound too promising: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-28-what-lies-beneath-the-charming-exterior-of-yoshis-woolly-world

But the sections where I was really left bemused was when the way forward was hidden behind scenery without any obvious clue where to look, and only by trial and error did I find the main path. Such hidden areas are fine for secrets or collectibles, but when jumping against random walls is needed to finish a level, something isn't quite right.

:/ Hoping they get the flow of discovery right, I really enjoyed unravelling (ahem) Yoshi's Island's levels.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 18:03

If you wind the clock back those twenty years and got told who poor subsequent Yoshi games would be, you'd cry. It's time to wait for review scores again...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 9:36

I've taken the gamble of pre-ordering this. Really hope it's good, although "adventure game logic" is not the best of starts. Sad

The people behind the next Yoshi game need to be given a blank slate and allowed to go down a completely different route if they so desire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's Woolly World   Yoshi's Woolly World - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yoshi's Woolly World
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next