We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet the Admin. Team

Go down 
+16
Katie Hopkins
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Dead Lemon
Admin
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
oldschool
JayMoyles
Balladeer
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:36

Dam you with your Soul's chat and Balla going to start from the beginning kinda gives me a excuse to also go back and play again, as I'll sort have someone alongside me but to many games.

No Man's Sky launched into orbit before plummeting into back down to earth again after it was revealed a lot of its promised features were missing from the final experience and as a consequence, the hype train came to a screeching halt. Has hype ever ruined a game for you before?
NMS was a big one for me and I reckon FFXV & TLG could both be urghh due the 10+ year waits and the history around them but for something the is out and not NMS. It has to be Fallout 3, I've said my reasons before but if you don't know I loved Morrowind & Oblivion that when I saw this post-apocalyptic shooter RPG from Bethesda. I was all over that, I got my special edition which came with a cool lunch-box and collectors guide along with having the week off then I played it and I think it's almost as boring as NMS.  

Exams results were dished out and a nation's youth had to suffer the agony of waiting for those results to come in the post. Tell us a memorable tale from the exam hall. I did my Maths GCSE at all girls school

Phoenix Wright completed his first trial back in what was then seen as the mysterious month known as August 2016. What other fictional "future" dates in popular media are you looking forward to?
2019 as that's the year Blade Runner takes place

Pokémon Snap came out on the Wii U VC. What is the best spin-off ever?
A hard one but does Devil May Cry count?

The Olympics came and went in a glorious blaze of medals all round. Which sports video game should be added to the Tokyo 2020 roster?
Well doesn't the interactive games also take place at the same time?

Jeremy Corbyn sat on a train last month. What's your favourite form of transport in games?
Warthog
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:41

masofdas wrote:
Exams results were dished out and a nation's youth had to suffer the agony of waiting for those results to come in the post. Tell us a memorable tale from the exam hall. I did my Maths GCSE at all girls school

I think that warrants a bit more explanation!

Also, regarding Devil May Cry, I wouldn't say so. It might have started development life as a Resident Evil game, but it's got no concrete ties to Resi, does it?

And I'm worried you'll be right about FFXV and The Last Guardian. I think FFXV should be fine based off the gameplay I've seen, but I'm more concerned about The Last Guardian at this stage. Please be good, please be good, please be good...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:42

I'm going to give it a good five hours' playtime, as I will with all my PS3 games, in the hope of getting over my initial and inevitable "bleurgh Sony" reaction. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:52

Yet only one is a Sony game Smile

I think TLG is more likely to be good then FFXV with all the stuff happening with FFXV, I am worried about it.

On DMC, they don't share any ties but have similarities but I thought of the correct answer BIOSHOCK.

I was privately tutored and to take a GCSE you still have to take it at a school in a exam hall like everyone else, my nearest one which allowed students from the outside to take the exam was a all girls school.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:01

Balladeer wrote:
I'm going to give it a good five hours' playtime, as I will with all my PS3 games, in the hope of getting over my initial and inevitable "bleurgh Sony" reaction. Very Happy

Yep, I'd say that's a reasonable timescale to get a handle on Dark Souls as that's a usual playtime to get to the first bell, unless you're REALLY struggling with it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:05

Or you miss it and go to the other, harder one, like I did...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 12:06

Spoiler:
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:09

Why were you taking a citizenship test?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:25

Oh it was some silly mandatory half gcse the entire year took.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:27

Good as I though I was going to have bash out the
Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 Farage_foreigner
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2016 - 16:34

Oh my god, I forgot all about doing that!
The best bit is, in protest at having to sit such a stupid exam, instead of actually writing the essay at the end, I just wrote the Bohemian Rhapsody.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 23:09

It's getting cold and rainy... October's here, and so is another edition of Meet the Admins.

Stu "the_Great" Jones:

James "Jay" Moyles:

Simon "ZeroJones" Ball:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 23:18

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 23:25

I can't decide if having a notification at 2am to say "Kirby is going to swallow your base!" would be more or less stressful than Subterfuge itself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 9:47

Dragon Quest VII was released last month. How long will you give a game to get its hooks into you?
Like the Drunkman, it depends what else I've got on the go, and also whether it's on the go itself. DQVII, with its BLOODY STUPID first hour, benefits from a relative paucity of other games at the moment (see Cappa's post in the NX thread); as well as being something I can play on the commute. There are Wii U downloadables I've dropped after the first play session (an hour) because they didn't excite me and I couldn't be bothered to dedicate time to sitting down in front of the console. Axiom Verge is in danger of being the next...

Nintendo spoke to us Directly again last month! How long do you reckon it'll be before the next full Direct?
Mid-October to announce the NX. I know this doesn't fit in with Nintendo's usual PR strategy of 'being utter morons', but surely... surely...

The Paralympics took place last month. How might video games better represent disabled people?
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an action-adventure about a character in a wheelchair yet. A futuristic wheelchair, with guns, and rockets. You could upgrade it with more stuff as you go on. And then there's a section where the wheelchair is taken away for whatever reason, and you're forced to do without, like Mario having FLUDD stolen only much much worse...
I'm seriously surprised that nobody's done this. Are the Triple A developers really so conservative that they don't think people would buy a game about a disabled hero?

Heartbreak! Last month saw Hollywood power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie split, and GNamer was "distraught". Divorce is an alien concept for the world of gaming, but which gaming power couple do you reckon might be heading towards a break-up?
Drunka's dead right that happy relationships are an alien concept for the world of gaming. (Give Larry Butz a long-term girlfriend!) But I hear that Tauros is getting creeped out by the way Miltank drinks her own milk to heal.

Phoenix Wright returned last month in the terrific Spirit of Justice, allowing us another opportunity to lawyer up and dole out justice in court. Which seemingly banal profession do you want to see in gaming next?
Gardener. Grow plants that get bigger and bigger, up to and including monstrous triffids that allow you to fight off zombies threats to the town.

Nintendo announced another mobile effort as Super Mario Run, a Mario themed runner game was revealed to the world this month. Which mobile gaming genre should Nintendo tackle next, and which of their beloved franchises should star in said effort?
Kyle Hyde to star in a Device 6-like visual novel. Boring answer for a boring games machine.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 11:15

Games characters in wheelchairs:

Professor X, probably
Everyone in Killer 7, technically
Otacon's dad
Has Davros been in a Doctor Who game?

Umm....
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 12:09

The End quite famously appears in a wheelchair in Metal Gear Solid 3, although he doesn't actually need it as shown by his showdown with Naked Snake.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 14:23

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd suppose even having representation in the first place would be a start... I mean, one of the characters in Overwatch is supposedly autistic (if we're extending this to mental disabilities) but this is only mentioned in a lore-building comic outwith of the actual game, and none of her actions would indicate this to be a part of her character.

Junkrat has a peg leg, Ana has one eye, Symmetra and Torbjorn have a robotic arms, and Genji is almost entirely robotic!

Balladeer wrote:
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an action-adventure about a character in a wheelchair yet. A futuristic wheelchair, with guns, and rockets. You could upgrade it with more stuff as you go on. And then there's a section where the wheelchair is taken away for whatever reason, and you're forced to do without, like Mario having FLUDD stolen only much much worse...
I'm seriously surprised that nobody's done this. Are the Triple A developers really so conservative that they don't think people would buy a game about a disabled hero?

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 Bentley

Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 14:30

Fair cop, but I'm guessing you still play through most of the game as Sly? (Just as in Killer7 you barely spend any time as normal Harman.) I remain seriously surprised that we haven't seen a Bentley starring in his own 'realistic' action title.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 14:40

There's a pretty even split to be honest - Sly probably still takes the most play time of the three characters, but you are always switching between them. Now you have a PS3 you should check out the Sly Trilogy and Sly 4 - they are some of the best 3D platformers available!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:54

Dragon Quest VII was released last month. How long will you give a game to get its hooks into you?
Depends on the game but maybe like 20% f the time to beat it.

Nintendo spoke to us Directly again last month! How long do you reckon it'll be before the next full Direct?
By the end of the month

The Paralympics took place last month. How might video games better represent disabled people?
The same as other groups but shouldn't be put in for just to have a group represented, they should be in the game for story reasons.

Heartbreak! Last month saw Hollywood power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie split, and GNamer was distraught. Divorce is an alien concept for the world of gaming, but which gaming power couple do you reckon might be heading towards a break-up?
Sonic and Tails

Phoenix Wright returned last month in the terrific Spirit of Justice, allowing us another opportunity to lawyer up and dole out justice in court. Which seemingly banal profession do you want to see in gaming next?
Now with VR, maybe a chef like Overcooked style

Nintendo announced another mobile effort as Super Mario Run, a Mario themed runner game was revealed to the world this month. Which mobile gaming genre should Nintendo tackle next, and which of their beloved franchises should star in said effort?
No reason they can't do a Paper Mario with all the Final Fantasy's on phones.

JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 21:57

The year is coming to its close... and last month brought the colossal reveal of the Nintendo Switch. We've themed this Meet the Admin episode around the Switch, as you'll soon see.

Stu "the_Great" Jones:

James "Jay" Moyles:

Simon "ZeroJones" Ball:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:28

Applause

Which console game or series are you chomping at the bit to take on the go with the Switch?

I've got to admit - I'd like to see them bring Dark Souls to the Switch.  I know, I know, I've become that which I hate!  But at the same time it would flag the console as a proper hardcore machine and get them fickle multiplat 'hardcore gamer' types back on board.  That's the one most-desired game I've seen people saying from what's out there about the Switch at the moment, and I'd hate for so many to be disappointed.

From a personal perspective, I'm still not sure I'll actually like the Souls games.  So I'll cast my vote for proper 3D Mario, and none of your 2.5D Land/World guff.

Nintendo Switch!

Which handheld game or series do you reckon is really going to benefit from the big screen experience with the Switch?

Pokémon on the big screen please!  More wishful thinking would point to KIU, TWEWY, or - yes - Meteos. Crying or Very sad

Paper Mario: Colour Splash painted a very mixed view of itself depending on who you asked. Which red-headed stepchild of a series (eg. Super Mario Bros. 2) do you actually think is ruddy fantastic?

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.  I'm not sure whether that's quite ginger enough, though - quite a few people like it.  Strawberry blonde?  Otherwise though I tend to be boring and like a subset of the ones everyone else likes.

Nintendo Switch!

Which highly acclaimed game in a series do you reckon is actually a bit guff?

I could say SMG, for basically the converse reasons Jay has given for SM64; but I don't actually think it's guff, just overrated.  Likewise for Skyward Sword.  No, the winner/loser has to be Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.  Very limited enemy selection, one proper character, no musical instruments, tedious boat control, terrible final villain, and the fly crowning the turd: the Grand Central Dungeon, a repetitive stealth-fest of the dodgiest order.  Naff off!

(EDIT: Oh and definitely definitely definitely Layton vs. Wright. What a crock of Wright that was.)

Rhythm Paradise Megamix was released last month. What's your favourite piece of video game music?

While we're talking about the Rhythm Paradise series, my favourite from there is probably Space Dance (shout-out to the Bon Odori because weeaboo).  And my favourite piece for nostalgic reasons is the gorgeous water music from SM64.

But, like Jay, in the end there can only be one true winner.  There's simply no piece I love more.

Nintendo Switch!

Which piece of gaming music is your most hated of all time? OF ALL TIME?

No clear winner, but there's nothing that gets on one's nerves more than a terrible, yet difficult, ditty from a rhythm action game.  Therefore, I present the piece of 'music' that has made me more angry than any other videogame piece: Love Rap.  Hong Kong 97's music is marvellous in comparison.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 23:38

Which console game or series are you chomping at the bit to take on the go with the Switch?

I'm hoping there is a version of PES or FIFA - would love to take a full console football title on the go. 10 minute matches are perfect for handheld gaming.

Nintendo Switch!

Which handheld game or series do you reckon is really going to benefit from the big screen experience with the Switch?

Mario Golf with RPG bits (seeing as Nintendo/Camelot only put the RPG features in to the handheld iterations).

Paper Mario: Colour Splash painted a very mixed view of itself depending on who you asked. Which red-headed stepchild of a series (eg. Super Mario Bros. 2) do you actually think is ruddy fantastic?

Mario Sunshine. It's a great game that's judged too harshly.

Nintendo Switch!

Which highly acclaimed game in a series do you reckon is actually a bit guff?

Metal Gear Solid.

Rhythm Paradise Megamix was released last month. What's your favourite piece of video game music?

Great shout Balla on Mario 64's Water Music (Dire Dire Docks I presume). There's so many great pieces of music in Mario games alone. I'm going to go for the Shenmue main theme however, just because it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

Nintendo Switch!

That horrible DK rap - why was that a thing!?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 23:54

gjones wrote:

That horrible DK rap - why was that a thing!?

Woah. WOAH. Are you disparaging such genius lines as "his coconut gun can fire in spurts/if he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet the Admin. Team
Page 14 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next