We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 8:15

They've just introduced a character in the second island who, shockingly, looks like they might have multiple dimensions to their character.  Absolute insanity!  Shocked

Also trials >>>>>>>>>>>>> gyms

My reason shall become clear once everyone reaches the first trial.  I'm so glad they've dispatched with the status quo, they're capable of making some pretty darn good rpgs when they do!

Also team Skull is the best evil team.  No objections.  I absolutely love how everyone actively acknowledges the lameness and weakness of the grunts in this world rather than being all "oh noes, these trainers with their weak zubats and ratttata's, we're doomed, please save us Gary Stu MC!!"  And the grunts themselves are absolutely brilliant.  

Balladeer wrote:
I've actually found some of the battles quite challenging when unprepared.  I hope they keep that up.  So tricky to balance, especially given that they've still got the moronic Exp. Share.

I've just taken down the Smeargle - not easy, but fortunately its owner didn't have any recovery potions.  Not at all sure I prefer 'captains' to Gym Leaders yet.

New to my team since last time is my first Alolan monster,
Spoiler:

And the evil team are hilarious. Laughing
I dunno, I'd take this exp share over the utter tedium of previous games any day of the week!  A feature that actively encourages using all your Pokemon and not just a team of four?  Yes please!  It's a great feature. I've already got almost an entire box of caught Pokemon, and it's so nice knowing that between the EXP Share and the return of scaled exp gains I'll actually be able to use them all if I want!

Actually I suspect my determination to catch everything I see has done more harm to my levels than the EXP share!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 10:32

I'm only catching new monsters and new forms.  And I have to say, I'm not currently pleased by the number of old monsters I'm running into.  I expected it, but I'm still not pleased by it.

Although I'm reminded that there's an old monster out there I should probably get my hands on.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 10:59

I always felt good about my ability to level up my Pokémon equally through deliberate skill and effort, but I guess the EXP share will let me concentrate on other aspects of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 11:50

Oh I'm much the same with the older Pokemon Balla, the only retro mon on the team now Magnamite (Orb'o Steel), but I do like that they included then to fill out the region.  Plus I reckon it allowed them to trim the fat so to speak and avoid making so many naff new additions, I haven't seen a gen 7 Mon yet that I didn't think was a good design, and some of them are instant classics!  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 744roc10

Seriously there's been way too much Rowlet love around the net and barely any love for this adorable fella!! I'm not even a dog person and I'd take this guy home in an instant!

Oh, and if anyone wants to know exactly where to get Rockruff since it isn't a common or easy thing to encounter I found mine at Ten carrat Hill, bottom right pathway in the clearing led to a TM and a patch of grass, it's the only time I've ever seen one. As for getting to Ten Carrat Hill, well, those that explore will find it anyway but just in case

Spoiler:

Speaking of great gen 7 pokemon I just got Wishiwashi! Now all of Alola can enrol to my school of hard water knocks!

#worstmostunintelligablejokeever
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 12:37

I very much am a dog person, and am looking forward to meeting Rockruff.
I'm even more of a bear person Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 12:44

Athrun888 wrote:
Oh I'm much the same with the older Pokemon Balla, the only retro mon on the team now Magnamite (Orb'o Steel), but I do like that they included then to fill out the region.  Plus I reckon it allowed them to trim the fat so to speak and avoid making so many naff new additions, I haven't seen a gen 7 Mon yet that I didn't think was a good design, and some of them are instant classics!

Meh.  I mean I've already seen some in previews that aren't instant classics...

Spoiler:

...and the 81 really isn't enough.  Not quite as bad as the DPDex before Platinum, or indeed XY, but still not great.  Before XY every gen. introduced at least 100 new monsters.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I always felt good about my ability to level up my Pokémon equally through deliberate skill and effort, but I guess the EXP share will let me concentrate on other aspects of the game.

Especially since experience points no longer get subdivided when you switch out monsters.  Really wish they'd go back to the old system, grinding's obviously no fun for anyone but this is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 17:38

Professor Kukui:

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 18:42

Balladeer wrote:
Spoiler:

You insult the queen at your peril, I for one will not utter such blasphemy around Her Majesty even at her infant stage!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 20:51

I finished this on Tuesday evening - couldn't wait for the held-back European release so bought it off the Japanese eShop last week instead.

I really, really, really liked it. Definitely my favourite Pokemon campaign to date, and the most expertly executed one in my eyes, due to how well every facet of the game's design fits together.

Things I really liked: World/route/level design, difficulty, story and scenarios, soundtrack, visual design...

I only really didn't like how some mechanics have been streamlined, like fishing. It loses some of the mystique when it's laid out in a much more obvious way (waves/ripples = rare catch) like that. And while the islands are designed to be interconnected and organic, the way the game progresses often feels quite gated. But it all comes together so well, particularly when you're about halfway through exploring an island and you can easily find your way around without having to obviously backtrack like in Black/White and X/Y. A much needed improvement after those older games' linearisation of the overworld.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 22:18

Bloody hell, Fronk, that was quick! I'm finding it a bit handholdy thus far, but I trust that it opens out...

About to face my first trial now (Team Skull, please never stop Laughing ). Got a Pichu called Swallow and a Cutiefly called Hawthorne. I'm sure they'll get along tremendously. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016 - 22:39

I... still have a Litten. Embarrassed But I've had my first battle now! Toasted my opponent. Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 9:24

Athrun888 wrote:
Just finished my first island trial, and without spoiling anything specifically lets just say something happens straight after that Balla is going to love.  Winky Face

Neutral

SOD YOU PROFESSOR KUKUI.  ANOTHER CHUFFING TUTORIAL.

Also I've found my nemesis.  

Spoiler:

EDIT: GOT YOU YA SHITER! Grin

Also I'm liking Rotodex, although a female friend got weirded out when it told her she was a naughty girl and had to go back to school.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 26 Nov 2016 - 9:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 9:29

I've just past the first trial on the third island, loving it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 9:49

^  You're ripping through the game Mas!  Sounds like you'll be the first one here to finish it!

Balla, on a more positive note what did you think about the
First island trial spoilers:

For me the little touches like that are what make these games some of the most fun Pokemon titles in a very long time.  

More team Skull stuff has happened:

Second isldand post-first trial spoilers:

The way they're fleshing things out in this game is an absolute joy, it's still real simple child friendly fun, but it adds so much to the game.  Also a new rival has popped up, and in their brief encounter they're looking like they might become the most fleshed out rival since Silver.  Even better is
probable spoilers:

On my team, Wishiwashi is freaking broken powerful, I absolutely love it and its ability.  I also love that it doesn't immediately revert to its weak form when it loses its HP, instead doing so at the end of the turn allowing it to do whatever it was trying to do first.  It's things like that that make a gimmick neat rather than poorly thought out and harmful.  Rockruff is on the cusp of evolution, alas night has fallen here in aus so that'll have to wait till tomorrow.  Magnamite with its Thunder-wave and Sonicboom combination remains my go-to mon for catching things (I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a Pokemon that'll help them out with catches), Balla's most hated gen 7 mon has just evolved and is on her way to ascending to her throne, and I picked up a level one Alolan Vulpix from Wonder Trade!  Love
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 10:22

I just finished the first trial. Loving this game, and the characters and story touches.
That said, I am looking forward to it opening up a bit and letting go of my hand.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 11:04

Everything involving Team Skull is great.  No exceptions. Grin

I've just finished the big trial.  Tauros > Bike. Next step: find a new monster to replace my flipping useless Pichu...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 11:15

Balladeer wrote:
Everything involving Team Skull is great.  No exceptions. Grin

I've just finished the big trial.  Tauros > Bike.  Next step: find a new monster to replace my flipping useless Pichu...

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 Rockru10
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 12:02

They'd plug a severe hole in my team regarding fire-types and a weakness thereto... Tempted!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 15:33

Athrun888 wrote:
^  You're ripping through the game Mas!  Sounds like you'll be the first one here to finish it!

I would like to finish it before FFXV arrives on Tuesday. Yet I'm not rushing it for the sake of it like with Gears of War 4, which I did just to say I finished it, when a game does click with me like Uncharted 4, MGSV that is all I'll do is play those and Pokemon Sun has done that.

I'm hoping FFXV will as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 15:56

Introducing: Missile the Rockruff!

I still have the Pichu. Embarrassed Be happier Swallow gosh darn it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 20:51

I've now got a Pikipek called 'Pilatorp' (I think we have some Pilatorp stuff in the house). Progress is slower than I would like - I keep getting texts from Jo about her latest captures! She's now got enough 'mon for two teams. I have one third of a team. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 0:18

Gotta go fast(er) Zero!

Oh my gosh one of my Alolan Pokémon just evolved and it is horrendous.

Spoiler:

On the bright side, I finally have a Pikachu, Rowlet has evolved once and is still brilliant, and I've reached a ranch. Y'all know what that means: nylon guitars up the wazoo! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 11:46

Balladeer wrote:
Gotta go fast(er) Zero!

You're not wrong! Embarrassed I've just put over an hour in and have now added Yngsjö the Yungoos to the team, caught from the bit around the Lab. Meanwhile, on the other side of the sofa, "Oh, f*** off, Spearow!" Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 12:54

Balladeer wrote:
Gotta go fast(er) Zero!

Oh my gosh one of my Alolan Pokémon just evolved and it is horrendous.

Spoiler:

On the bright side, I finally have a Pikachu, Rowlet has evolved once and is still brilliant, and I've reached a ranch.  Y'all know what that means: nylon guitars up the wazoo! Thumbs Up!

But he looks like:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 14:26

I'm now at the league. Haven't beaten the league and probably won't until I do a major grind, (last minute change to the team probably didn't help) but hey it's getting me to catch more Pokémon and that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next