We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 13:37

I'm guessing it'll get a tiger or panther evolution.  Which is good.

BUT ROWLET

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 Rowlet-art
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 13:48

I HATE Litten, but Rowlet is super awesome, which is weird as I hate grass.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 14:09

I like the look of Litten out of three as like Balla says we could get a tiger or panther evolution also won't we all end up having all three starters that does it really matter at the moment which is best.

Also Sun is the one I'm getting if I only get the one version right away as the much rumored Lion legendary which does look a lot like the Tigerzord.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 14:13

I've just noticed that Rowlet has a bow tie. A FRIGGIN' BOW TIE. Best starter ever.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 14:35

Ok I will admit with the bow tie that is cool. Could be as I did like the 11th Doctor
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 14:42

Doctor Whowl!

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 Tumblr_m6no6hQypE1rsmws3o1_500
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 15:28

Yes!!

If by chance I pick him as a starter I'm so naming it that
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 16:44

I don't even play Pokemon so from a character design perspective Rowlet is the best! The cat (litten, is it?) barely even looks like a pokemon to me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 17:10

Yeah, I think that's my problem with it, I really can't get over it. I think I hate it more than crappy Chimchar...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 17:28

It's so hard to pin down "what a Pokémon looks like" these days though.  I thought that Sun legendary looked a bit Digimon-ish, but so do several of the previous legendaries, Megas, etc.  Meanwhile I feel that Litten looks quite similar to Fennekin in its proportions.  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 250px-Litten
Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 250px-653Fennekin

I don't think there's an overriding art-style theme any more, such that some things "look like Pokémon" where others don't.  Certainly there are good and bad designs though, although I've seen defenders of all three thus far (with Rowlet being the overriding favourite, AS IT SHOULD BE).

Although if Bulbapedia is right, then Popplio has the best name origin: "Popplio's name seems to be a combination of pop and lio from Ilio-holo-i-ka-uaua the Hawaiian name for the Hawaiian Monk Seal, meaning "dog that runs in rough water"."
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 19:57

That's what I'm talking about! Alola region = Aloha region, as Athers rightly says - assuming that means it's Professor Palmtree? Winky Face Of the starters, I might be tempted into going with Litten (sparse though the design is) but Rowlet is super tempting. A part Flying 'mon from the beginning? Interesting twist.

Still undecided on which version to get. I was all for Moon at the outset but then I remembered how much I enjoy the Sun (planetary body, not newspaper)... Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 21:13

I really really like the design of Rowlet. Very cute, and I'm certainly tempted to use him. I think Litten will be a case of it looking better design-wise when it evolves. The water one did nothing for me to be honest, and reminded me a lot of Oshawott.

As for the legendaries, I like the Sun lion a lot! Suitably imposing. A legendary bat for Moon seems somewhat lackluster in comparison, if I'm honest. And the region! PokéHawaii is an excellent shout. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 21:21

Hey, Oshawott was great!  Little scallop-wielding big-nosed otter.  And its evolutions were very well-designed indeed.  Although I do now remember people saying it was clown-like, which - well - seems ironic now...  

I might get Moon now, I do like Sunzord but I also like (duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh) Batmoon and I feel like it's getting a bad rap.  Just imagine the two of them trying to go anywhere: Sunzord's all rushing around breaking stuff while Batmoon's smoothly apologising for the damage, sweeping its cloak-wings over it and presto! everything's mended.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 21:25

I'd play Moon, but I'll just be thinking of Zubat every time I look at that legendary. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 21:33

Surely it's closer to Noivern?

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 Moonboxbig

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 Doctane_the_noivern_by_drphantom24-d69xmx9

In fact it's Noivern x Cresselia x a vampire. I do like.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 23:07

Yeah, Noivern is closest design wise, but it's still a bat... and that conjures up dark memories of Zubat encounters. No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 23:24

Yeah, I like it all. Grin

At the moment I'm leaning towards the owl, but in every generation apart from X&Y I've ended up liking the water type and because that's the one people are moaning about, my natural instinct to repel is taking me that way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 23:33

Not - super repel? Grin
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 0:47

Forget the starters and legends I'm the series looks to have evolved in to proper 3d overworld now!  That's easily the biggest reveal in that trailer!  It's going to add SO much to the game!  Living breathing Pokemon world here we come!   Grin

Now if they can just make wi-fi battles take place in any of the battle backdrops in the game, add full trainer customization again, and have a good single player campaign these could be the best games since Gale of Darkness!

Moon bat still blows however.  I know everyone calls the legendaries overdesigned, but this is the first time I feel it's actually an accurate complaint.  The design just really bothers me, the proportions for example just make me feel like a cat whose had its back rubbed the wrong way.  Speaking of which!

Litten has grown on me, mostly because it perfectly captures the personality of a cat!  Slightly grumpy, filled with contempt for its owner slave, and a wee bit up itself.  A perfect fit for me I think!  

As for Owlet, Hoothoot > Owlet

And Noctowl >>>> any of its evolutions!

And grass-flying is an absolutely mince typing!  You lose the electric resist, you gain the death from a slight chill 4x ice weakness, and worst of all you go from being a counter to Rock types to getting killed on the switch in!  And for what?  About all you gain is turning the ground resist in to an immunity!

Probably being a bit overly negative here, but I can't help it!  Every time I see grass-flying I get PTSD from this thing!

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 357tro10
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 7:29

Athrun888 wrote:
Probably being a bit overly negative here...

Yup. Tongue I ain't a competitive battler, so this applies:

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 5bfd112d7bad3b630607475309525ff7d8cfde5a_hq

Good call on "best games since XD" though, although I doubt it'll scale those lofty heights.  XD did what no "real" entry has been willing to do and scrapped the series' shoddy bits.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 7:33

I will always battle with a Galceon in any game for all time. Even with the age old hypothetical if Pokemon were real I would only want a Glaceon
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 8:19

Drunkalilly wrote:
...in every generation apart from X&Y I've ended up liking the water type...

What's wrong with the ninja frogs? Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 8:26

The shiny is cool. Plus they have a tendency to look like Ash which isn't that a good of a thing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 12:44

Balladeer wrote:
Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 5bfd112d7bad3b630607475309525ff7d8cfde5a_hq

Fixed version

Spoiler:

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 357tro10

Being serious though I've never liked that quote, since not even the games themselves subscribe to that notion.  Now if she'd used a bunch of baby Pokemon and posed a threat while doing so then maaaybe she'd have a valid point, but till then I sure ain't being lectured by no elite four member about strength!

On Glaceon, it's super cute so it gets a pass
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 15:58

Yes. The games always seem to praise you for loving your Pokémon - but you're only ever keeping them fit and healthy and such so that they can batter opposing 'mon better. That is what I believe we call 'ludonarrative dissonance'.

Also, like the changes in avatars from Balla and Athrun! Grin I do feel a bit bad for Rowlet, though, whose caption appears to be 'I'M SO LONELY'. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next