We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?

Go down 
+2
JayMoyles
Balladeer
6 posters

Where should discussion about Nintendo's mobile games sit?
In the handheld sub-forum
Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_lcap63%Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
In one big mobile thread in GG
Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_lcap25%Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
In several threads in GG, one per game
Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_lcap0%Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nontendo - it's not on a Nintendo console
Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_lcap0%Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Get its own sub-forum
Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_lcap12%Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
OUT OF MY SIGHT/SITE, BLASPHEMY THAT IT IS
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Empty
PostSubject: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 18:38

It started with Pokémon Shuffle, and now Pokémon Go will bring AR Pokébattles to your 'phone. The question we're asking you, the audience, is: where should discussion of such games sit? Let us know! We are, as ever, your humble* slaves.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 21:34

I'd say the handheld subforum would do the job nicely. There likely won't be enough Ninty mobile content to justify its own sub-forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 22:49

Yeah, what Jay said. I think for now, with the 3DS a bit quiet, it makes sense. We can always change it down the line if it becomes mega big. (Thus giving Balla more work to do - er, sorry)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 8:25

Yeh, I'd probably say to combine it with 3ds for now, until they're putting out a bit more. In a few years time, well have a hybrid home/ handheld console so we can replace the Wii U and 3DS fora with NX and Phone Games Balladeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyTue 15 Sep 2015 - 14:19

Well that's pretty clear. First Ninty mobile game thread's up in the handheld section.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 10:25

Other systems where it belongs imo. Other Systems covers everything non-Nintendo from rival systems to PC, seems like a good fit for it.

I don't just say this because I loath it though (which I do, in fact I'm probably barely a step above hater), but because Smartphone games is a medium that Nintendo are never going to focus on due to their own actual systems, coupled with the fact that the medium is absolutely massive and likely could have a unique sub-forum all to its own.

Yeah, I know, little late, just happened to swing by the various sub-forums I don't usually swing by today and felt compelled to say something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 11:49

I think it's more for Ninty's mobile games as opposed to any old mobile game. As for it having its own sub-forum, there used to be one but it might have been the least active forum we had.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 14:32

With Nintendo remaining in the handheld and console business for the foreseeable just how many games are there really in the wings for mobile from them?  And how many of those are going to be games that generate large discussion threads rather than companion pieces designed to compliment a bigger full game on one of their dedicated systems?

Still, a sound reason to not give them a dedicated sub-forum.  Maybe lump them in general discussion then?   I dunno, it's just lumping them in the handheld forum just rubs me the wrong way, it's kind of hard to put in to words. Simply anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 14:39

I'm with you in all honesty, Athrun. I don't feel that Nintendo mobile games deserve to be in the same forum as handheld games. They're not on Ninty systems, so far they're F2P... But with Pokémon Shuffle being one of the first ones to make the crossover, it does make a kind of sense. And anyway, the public have spoken - if they change their minds at a later date, we can make that alteration.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 18:00

Yeah, not fussed really where it goes - I'm just against mobile getting its own sub-forum again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:28

Well we know the next mobile game to be announced will star a well known character?

Mobile Mario game will be big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?   Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninty Mobile Discussion - Where Should It Go?
Page 1 of 1