We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 8:19

JayMoyles wrote:
Queuing is a sacred art and anybody that break its tenets deserves a terrible fate. Mad  

I'm with you on this apart from bars. In a bar situation, I suddenly become Andrew Ryan. No gods, no queues, only gin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 9:43

I just think it's a huge failing of bars that queuing is impossible. It becomes a competition and as someone who hates having to interact with people as it is fighting for the barman's attention makes me want to die...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 9:45

Once I'm in the bar situation, I'm fully embodying my "bald confident prick" persona and I lose all social anxiety I might otherwise had. I'm at the bar getting served before most of my friends are through the door.

I have fond memories of trying to teach an uncomfortable Chris Bratt how to get a barman's attention.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 21:51

I have a really stupid habit towards the end of a night out thinking the best way to get the bar staff's attention is to stand there at the bar with my money visible in my hand like I'm Leo Di Caprio in the Wolf of Wall Street - as if they'd see it and think "oh shit lads, this guy's got a wrinkled tenner in his hand, we need to serve this high-roller in a hurry".

It never works, funnily enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 10:16

I'm one of those people who spends ages trying to get served and thinks people like Drunka should meet with terrible fates. Mad

Conversely, if I'm served before someone who's obviously been waiting there for ages, I'll redirect the bar staff to them first... but only if I've not been waiting for ages myself. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 10:26

Listen you SJW Cuck, it's a free market and the cream of the crop rise to the top while weak beta males wait their turn. That's just Darwinian Natural Selection and I can't help it if I'm just genetically better. Everyone starts on an equal playing field so I'm not gonna apologise for WINNING. I'm sure if you femizais had your way all the bars would be safe spaces that just served one person at a time and the drinks would be free and I'd be hanged for being WHITE and STRAIGHT and MALE and using my BUSINESS ACUMEN and LOGIC to get beers FAST.

Sad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:17

I remember when Drunka and I went to an EGX party, I went for drinks and I had been gone so long Drunka was on the dancefloor with his shirt off (he wasn't even drunk) and I was doing the Jay tactic at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:14

So you were gone 30 seconds then? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 12:35

masofdas wrote:
I remember when Drunka and I went to an EGX party, I went for drinks and I had been gone so long Drunka was on the dancefloor with his shirt off (he wasn't even drunk) and I was doing the Jay tactic at the bar.

I just audibly laughed and got a very strange look. I have literally no memory of that, but it sounds exactly like something I would do.
I remember you heading back to the hotel fairly early and me ending up going strong with some Scottish lads. I still have the pictures we took in a photobooth! I think I then went to the wrong hotel, phoned you up, realised where I was actually meant to go, travelled there and shouted at you from the car park.

Good night, that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 12:42

Yeah you went to the airport hotel and I had to go early or my car would have been locked in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:55

masofdas wrote:
I was doing the Jay tactic at the bar.

Did you have any more luck with that method than me?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 22:24

No not really
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 19:20

I've just started cleaning out my room as my next big venture in life will be buying a place of my own, rather than renting or staying with the parents. It's a daunting task, as my room has 24 years of accumulated junk dotted about it in various nooks and crannies. I'm hoping for some good finds for the magazine thread, but it is somewhat freeing binning most of the crap I've been hoarding over the years. Before, I'd keep things on the off chance I'd want to read, use, play or watch them again, but considering some of the things I've been finding haven't been touched in years, I think it's safe to chuck them and move on with my life.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 19:33

Level up! Good luck with the accommodation search sir. I can't say I've had to throw much stuff away, with a lot still stashed at my parents'. I can imagine it must be both a little sad and cathartic, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 19:38

That's great news, Jay, as I've looked myself and even with a cash injection from my dad (wouldn't really need it and what actually make that much difference to the mortgage I would get, just the monthly payments), I wouldn't really be able to buy anything around here, well I could but be a tiny one bedroom flat (Muss likely ha noticed the difference with the prices of the South and North more than anyone on here).

Also, some weird things like at the moment I live with my dad and if I moved out, he would as well due to paying rent by himself etc that the whole if he gave me a cash injection it would be he would live with me but be weird as the mortgage would be in my name and paying it but he would have given me the money to do so and be paying me rent.

Then finding a place with two bedrooms on the mortgage I would get and then the longterm implications like if I get a partner (I'm so lonely) like does she move in and I kick my dad out or do I move out and then tell dad to pay the mortgage or do we sell and I guess vice-versa for my dad as well.

Did look at a joint mortgage (this would be the best one as people I know around my age have bought with partners but I'm so lonely) but would only be till my dad retires, it was a lot more we could get and could get a nice place around here but the monthly payments would be like £800+ as we would have to pay it off in like 15 years not 40.

Really that my options are live at home or move out and rent somewhere and my dad would as well or save for the very little deposit I would actually need to get that little one bedroom flat but I get distracted by shiny things or even next year with my Walmart shares that would be enough for the deposit but nope I'm going to Japan on holiday.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 6 Jun 2018 - 11:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 10:37

Home ownership! Bloody hell.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 16:14

I've been looking at flats/apartments with my girlfriend to rent. She's got funding to do her PhD next year and I'm thinking of applying for Student Finance to do one part-time while also working a job in Wiltshire for 4 days a week (2 of which would be work at home, the other 2 I'd have to come down on a train for and stay overnight in Somerset). That'd mean all my tuition would be dealt with by the loan, and I'd be earning enough money to rent a nice place while being able to eat. I'd then be applying for funding next year.

What I really came on here to say though is: Do you remember that time EDF had a dancing poo advertising their services?

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 8a4e77a673ac446274d797be4e8b80a2
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 18:10

Looks like a bald Sonic the hedgehog as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 19:19

Probably an unused design for one of his friends. Ploppy the Turd.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 21:12

Balladeer wrote:
Probably an unused design for one of his friends.  Ploppy the Turd.
And that's still better than Big the Cat.

I don't know whether this goes in the "Things that piss you off" thread, because it's not quite right there: right now at work I'm responsible for the biggest specific project in the 15 years I've been at the company. My colleagues have all teamed together and I've been incredibly helpful assisting where possible, but ultimately I'm doing the majority of the crunching work... the version of the catalogue we sent the client for testing/training last week wasn't quite finished, and we've worked mega-hard since then, but there are still a few things we've got to tidy up, and it's all got to be done by Thursday 14th, to work with the grand opening of their office, with a giganto-screen and Virtual Reality theatre, or... well I don't know what the consequences would be! Not good. This is the most stressed I've been since I escaped from telephone support, and I'm having to pretend that E3, the World Cup and a visit from America of my Aunt aren't happening. Basically, sorry if I miss the E3 bantz!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 4:04

Shit, man!

Yep, capitalism is the devil Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 6:00

Blah. Sorry to hear that Jim. Hopefully you'll be able to flop back into here on Thursday night/Friday to contribute your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 20:31

Best of luck, Jimmers. Hope it's been going well in the meantime.

Balladeer wrote:
Level up!  Good luck with the accommodation search sir.  I can't say I've had to throw much stuff away, with a lot still stashed at my parents'.  I can imagine it must be both a little sad and cathartic, though.

No sadness, but plenty of catharsis though. It's freeing chucking away shite that I thought I needed to keep, like I'm moving on from a part of my life I was clinging onto. That sounds overly dramatic for what boils down to chucking old so-called mementos and birthday cards, but it's more or less how this whole process feels.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 2:29

JayMoyles wrote:
It's freeing chucking away shite that I thought I needed to keep, like I'm moving on from a part of my life I was clinging onto. That sounds overly dramatic for what boils down to chucking old so-called mementos and birthday cards, but it's more or less how this whole process feels.

I get it. I had that a little when I left my old flat and moved in with my parents to save for Japan. I think if I go back and do it again I'd be far more ruthless; travelling for a few months I'm realising I need way less "stuff" than I used to think.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 7:16

I'm going through that too at the minute, we're downsizing to a flat so we've about half of the rooms and then there's the whole child bearing thing too which takes up a lot of space. I've thrown so much away, took multiple trips to charity shops and sold plenty of things I should have sold years ago (looking at you full size Pip-boy) but despite the reluctance at first it's incredibly satisfying to de-clutter.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 16 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next