We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seasons of Heaven

Go down 
+3
JayMoyles
Balladeer
masofdas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 14:40

We have the official trailer for this upcoming Switch exclusive
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 15:18

The furore around NMS has, perhaps understandably, left a few folk burned about ambitious-looking indie releases for now. That trailer is probably not running on Switch hardware; there are question marks why this and only this has been revealed out of the Switch exclusives (if we include BotW as a Wii U game as well); and there are comparisons about how similar the trailer is, in the pretty bits anyway, to some of this Unreal4 demo.

Moan moan moan. I'm not saying listen to the moaners or not. All I'm saying is that I'm reserving judgement for now.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 21:15

I'm definitely intrigued - visually, it looks pretty good (raises some queries, as Balla has pointed out though) and I liked the soundtrack. Hopefully this is a sign of a strong Nindie showing to come. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 22:44

No it probably won't look like that on the Switch (I can't believe I'm saying this before the console's out). But it looks like a lovely game, and would be a perfect Zelda stop-gap (with the unfortunate caveat of coming out exactly the same time in 6 years that a big Zelda is also coming out)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:07

Just snagged an eyeful of the trailer. It looked fabulous until they turned the camera on the hero, and I nearly LOL'ed out loud. Did not look in keeping with the quality of the surroundings. On a positive note, if that's genuine Switch footage, it'll be an amazing console.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:17

I didn't think it looked that good Zero, just looks like a decent Unity made game which might be decent enough to play.

Hopefully means more Unity made games even though if you listen to likes of Jim Sterling 9 out of 10 games in unity are trash.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:03

Bud, I've just spent four years owning a Wii U. It looked good to me. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 13:46

Looks nice. I particularly like the vibrant colour palate in play, even on areas that are dark.

Also this isn't a unity game unless that unreal 4 engine ad at the start was for a larf. Mr Sterling likes unity too, he just hates crap devs who use it to asset flip. Given that Nintendo give a toss about their hardware, we won't see any of the steam poop on the switch. So unless you're talking steam early access, unity isn't a cause for concern.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:53

I meant Unreal sorry but the same sort of goes.

This was on Wii U Muss along with a few others like it, I wouldn't say the Switch won't get this gutter trash.
Seasons of Heaven  Nintendo_removes_meme_run_wii_u_eshop
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:12

masofdas wrote:
I meant Unreal sorry but the same sort of goes.

So, are you saying 9 out of 10 unreal engine games are trash?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:36

No more like 4/10 but my point still is don't get to excited that Switch can have these engines run on it as it could mean things like Meme Runner, Chasing Dead like the Wii U got and the stuff STEAM gets.

As if I was a indy dev and I can get my game on Switch, I would especially near launch where stuff like Chasing Aura did real well which.

I think this is what this Seasons of Heaven team are doing.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:42

Some guff gets on Nintendo platforms, that's for true. But compared to the, "work", of the talentless hacks Jim Sterling videos on steam at least most every game on a Nintendo console will function and not just be a literal upload of a base game engine with stock assets all over the place.

Basically I'm just saying Unity is a cool engine, it's just shitty humans tend to use it to try and con people out of a few bob. Same goes for the Cry Engine and Unreal, it's just they're more expensive so fewer bastards use them. But that's on Steam for having zero quality control, and those devs for being chancing gits.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:46

They are cool engines but when you've played Chasing Dead on Wii U which has to be not only the worst game I played in 2016 but all time and then you see the Switch will support all these engines which any Tom, Dick and Harry can use, we could have things even worse or attempts at a good idea but just won't be pulled off.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:56

There'll be a mixed bag of results for sure, but Nintendo won't let their estore turn into a steamy toilet. .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 0:09

Muss wrote:
There'll be a mixed bag of results for sure, but Nintendo won't let their estore turn into a steamy toilet. .

You were saying.

Anyone know what happened to this?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 0:34

There's still a lot more good than bad on the Switch eShop though, the only real issue is if you aren't constantly wish listing games or keeping track of the weekly release schedule stuff is hard to find.

As for what happened to this game? A quick google threw this up.

http://cliqist.com/2018/09/03/whatever-happened-to-seasons-of-heaven/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 10:04

Ahh

I still think the eShop is now close to steam, which also will have more good then bad, but I reckon someone like Sterling could easily do those steam videos he does but for Switch games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 10:30

That's just a small downside to being a popular platform, the wii also had the same problem except with retail releases & that didn't make the wii bad or a "steamy toilet" so it doesn't for the Switch either in this situation.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 10:40

It's all personal opinion and to me the eShop (not the Switch overall) has become a bit stinky.

As it is a popular but anything and everything can make it's way too the system.

Which to my reply to Muss, did say it would happen instead of curation or Nintendo Seal of Quality.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 13:43

Balladeer wrote:
The furore around NMS has, perhaps understandably, left a few folk burned about ambitious-looking indie releases for now.  That trailer is probably not running on Switch hardware; there are question marks why this and only this has been revealed out of the Switch exclusives (if we include BotW as a Wii U game as well); and there are comparisons about how similar the trailer is, in the pretty bits anyway, to some of this Unreal4 demo.

Moan moan moan.  I'm not saying listen to the moaners or not.  All I'm saying is that I'm reserving judgement for now.  

Dance
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 14:01

I think this will be a good reminder in the future to keep yourself in check around the launch of new consoles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seasons of Heaven  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasons of Heaven    Seasons of Heaven  Empty

Back to top Go down

Seasons of Heaven
Page 1 of 1