We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)

Go down 
+9
shanks
Athrun888
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 23:30

Better punny subtitles are available. Winky Face

Nintendo's next mobile game is Fire Emblem Heroes, a proper mobile title (i.e. there are microtransactions to buy (yes!) heroes) that'll appear on Android and iOS at the same time, it transpires. Definitely going to give it a pop. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Thu 19 Jan 2017 - 6:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 23:45

I'll be downloading this for sure. A fire emblem lite should be a perfect fit for the mobile platform.

I've always viewed the FE series as an rpg first but the game does play out like a bit of a puzzle. I could see them perhaps emphasising that aspect of things with bonuses for winning in fewer turns or something. Anything that'll give a little extra challenge or variety to something that might not have so many units on screen compared to the traditional games. I'd be happy with that if that's something they implement.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 8:59

I'm still not sure exactly where I stand on this, trailer was very Awakening/Fates heavy, but that could just be to appeal to all the newer fans. I hope they do have a good selection of older characters & the choose your hero website isn't holding anyone back at least. Guess I'll just wait and see!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 9:55

I've got a feeling this might get a bit irritating and free-to-play, but I'll definitely download it and have a good time mucking around before it turns expensive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 14:43

For a mobile game it does look good and I'll give it a go as who knows as playing this under My Nintendo may unlock something in Warriors if all linked to the same account.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:10

I hope they have a way to earn the currency to unlock the heroes relatively easily in the game. I suspect they won't as this does seem the most F2P typical mobile release from Nintendo yet, but I trust they'll keep it balanced enough so that you don't hit a brick wall with having no currency for new dudes and dudettes.

Basically, so long as I can get Haar and Rolf on my team, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:41

It's free to play so it's worth a shot, could perhaps usurp Pokemon Go as my Mobile game of choice what with there still being no proper Gen 2 update yet. I certainly won't be spending any money though because I'm as cheap as I am patient.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 20:47

The Choose Your Legends event is open... although still not entirely sure what it's meant for.

Still, I'll happily take an excuse to help spread the word about how awesome Haar and Tibarn are.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 26 Jan 2017 - 13:59

The current poll rankings have been released.  Some largely expected results and a few surprises in the mix, particularly the Sacred Stones duo who are backed by neither Smash Brothers exposure nor memes.  

Good to see a half-decent female character taking the lead so far, although the amount of waifu's from the 3ds games disappoints.  The male side of the poll is a bit better thanks to Ike and Hector leading, although again all the seriously lame Awakening and Fates characters are in the top ten over the better ones (Takumi over Leo, seriously?)

At least Male!Corrin is where he belongs, only thing he's good for is female!Kana.

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) Wiu6cg10
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 26 Jan 2017 - 23:10

That just reminded me Nephenee existed - she's got votes coming her way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 20:03

I've just hit Chapter 3, really enjoying it.

Why the hell have we got Friend Codes when My Nintendo was meant to bring a universal system, anyway my code is 0013571322.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 21:39

I am 6365608314

I'm mostly enjoying it, though I do have some niggles with the energy system, it's the kind of thing I'd expect most mobile games to let me watch an advert to replenish, instead I'm just waiting...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 23:34

My code is 1742916285.

I'm also enjoying it a lot, although it's definitely the most typical mobile game out of Nintendo's offerings thus far, what with "energy" and microtransactions. Having said that, I did use some saved up Google Play Credit and bought some orbs... I got a five star Nowi. I hate Nowi, but she's easily my best character now. Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyFri 3 Feb 2017 - 1:27

My code is 7303077071.

Used my orbs right off the bat and My only decent summon is 4 star Felicia who is doing real well.

Also the 1 orb per chapter reward seems a bit off, like Nintendo want us to buy them
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptyFri 3 Feb 2017 - 5:55

I'll be getting this tonight, so friend code incoming, but you've got to imagine that Nintendo do want us to buy orbs. It's a free game with microtransactions: they want our money. It's not a complaint - just my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion rearing its ugly head.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 18:24

Mirroring the thoughts of others, I've enjoyed this for the most part. I'm super impressed by how well the thing runs too. That said I'm not sure I'll be sticking around for long. I've not had much luck getting heroes and unfortunately I'm not sure the currency rewards are quick enough or efficient enough to keep a free player going.

I know Nintendo need to make dollah off this, and there's a certain amount of artistic pride they must have in avoiding ads, but the price of orbs is ridonks. It's like £12 for enough to roll for a set of 5 new heroes, yeish.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 18:59

There's enough content in the game - including a freebie of ten orbs from My Nintendo - to get about four/five rolls of heroes, but a top tip would to be spend some orbs on upgrading your castle to get permanent double XP. I've spent a bit of saved up Google Play Credit from doing surveys with a smidge of actual money to get another couple of rolls, and I've ended up with a pretty good team so far:

5 star Roy, 5 star Camilla, 5 star Tiki and 4 star Robin. I've also got 5 star Nowi and 5 star Lyn, but they're too similar to Tiki and Roy respectively to get a proper spot in my squad.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:15

Jay wrote:
4 star Robin

There's no such thing Jay as Robin doesn't go below 6 stars. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:22

Sorry... must have forgotten. Winky Face

(I will grind this amnesia joke into dust)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:39

It's the GNamer way. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:46

Something something Tenderloin Minimise something something.

In other news, I'm on! I have 'drawn' Draug, Oboro and Lissa. I know nothing about any of them. Thumbs Up! Laughing

My Friend Code is 3415769573 and I'm adding all o'y'all right about now.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 23:11

Oh my gotch, forgot about friend codes. Mine's 9263715887.

There's definitely enough orbs on offer for a few free full hero rolls, true, but my luck has been quite poor. I actually restarted the after getting to about chapter 4 on day 1 because I managed to obtain 2, 4* heroes. This second time has been much better in terms of pure ratings, 5* Catria complimented by 4* Chrom, Cain, Merric, and Fae, but they're not really a cast I like too much. I got all of those bar Chrom in my opening summoning though, my second summoning was otherwise all bronze rated guff.

That felt bad, and I hadn't the stamina to get back into the fray to get some more orbs which made it doubly bad. Anyone know if there's a mechanic in place like Hearthstone, wherein you were guaranteed at least 1 rare or greater card per pack, in Heroes?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 0:16

I think it's more like Overwatch - the longer you go without pulling a five star hero, the more likely it becomes to get one.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 2:00

I've heard that said about overwatch, but I think that's only true in the sense of, you're statistically more likely to get a given outcome, e.g. roll a six, the more rolls you make, rather than each individual roll itself having a higher chance of being a 6.

So the odds of getting a legendary item on loot box 1 are the same as loot box 12 regardless of the results of all boxes in between. I don't think blizzard actually weights their system such that the odds of an individual box having legendary stuff goes up the longer anyone goes without hitting it big.

Although I'm pretty sure that, like hearthstoner, you are guaranteed at least 1 rare item in overwatch loot boxes. That's why I'd hope heroes has a similar guarantee, especially considering that unlike hearthstone or overwatch, there doesn't seem to be an in game currency system that lets you either craft or buy with freemium currency, a specific hero.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 9:39

I've got no 5*s still Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next