We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)

Go down 
+9
shanks
Athrun888
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2017 - 22:55

I saved up twenty orbs, as Jay suggested to me at the weekend, and splurged them on a five-hero haul. I got five people I didn't recognise (which isn't hard, to be honest) and one four-star hero (a woman on a horse, I think). Progress-wise, I've just started Chapter Two, and it all seems mighty jolly so far. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2017 - 1:09

I saved up 20 orbs and got lumped with two 3 star Stahls, and while I have no 5 stars I did get a 4 star setsuna and fir and they've made fine additions to my team. I'm on chapter 5 right now and so far it's been pretty fun. A couple of my friends who have no previous experience of the game are enjoying it too and were intrigued when I told them about all the cool extra stuff the mainline games have to offer.
Friend ID COde thing: 9078213923
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 0:43

So I think I mucked up.. I had a chance to make my 4 star Felecia or Corrin into 5 stars when they had hit level 20. Well they both got over level 20 and well it's expensive as all hell to do it now..

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 2:21

I don't think the requirements for ranking them up change with level, but the number of stars they have. Getting a four star to five star is meant to be stupidly pricey - I'm getting close to having enough resources to get my Robin to five star, but it's been a slog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 4:09

From memory it was like 10000 feathers and some crystals depending on which character, but after they got past level 20, like Corrin now needs 20k feathers and 20 FE emblem things
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 7:56

So that's what I have to look forward to... Pale In the meantime, my healer, Lissa, is levelling up faster than the Blue Falcon being pushed by The Flash. Grin I'm mid-Chapter 3, am following Jay's advice to maximise the EXP gains of my party, and am still enjoying things. Cool Going to have to get back into The Sacred Stones once this is done - and put some more thought into whether I embark on a true 3DS FE or not. Damn you, Nintendo, with your Somerfield gateway drugs! Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 11:15

I worked for Somerfield that became CO-OP. You should Zero, FE's on 3DS are just grand.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 11:36

I'd say you're better of playing the 2 GBA ones (the other is available on Wii U) before the 3DS ones, they just don't have the magic of the older ones.

I'm still playing this quite a lot, hitting the level cap now and am desperate to get another 5* but getting harder to get orbs now...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 11:42

I'm played FE:A first and it is rather magic and I've gone back to the three on Wii U VC and the one with Lyn, I got rather into but what FE:A so great for me was the characters and their interactions.

I've found it hard to connect with the older ones, of course if Zero goes with the VC ones first then that might be different for him.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 12:01

I've slowed right down on this, haven't touched it for a few nights. It's not bad but I'm not interested in feathers and all those shenanigans. Im also at a stage where I recently got a new five star fellow and so I need to go back and level him up. I just kind of don't want to, but my main team's 4 star cain is a chump now so it's got to be done.

Having got to chapter 9 I will polish it off but I'm not sure I'll play any more after doing so.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 15:44

I think I'm slowing down my progress because only a certain number of heroes drop at five-star. I need feathers to get all of my dudes to five-star, which you gain through the Arena. But all you fight in the Arena is the same five-stars over and over and over again - there's a constant flow of Takumi, Lyn, Tiki, Robin, Lillina, Camilla, Marth, and that lack of variety is making the Arena a repetitive slog.

I guess that boils down to a flaw with mobile gaming in general. Regardless of how generous the devs are with the in-game currency, there's still going to be a stage where you hit a wall and you either have to grind, ruining your enjoyment of the game, or pay out, ruining your bank account. I'm not prepared to do either, to be honest. I'll stick with it until the Path of Radiance lads drop in, but I'll be considering an uninstall if I don't really start enjoying this after that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 16:11

mas wrote:
I worked for Somerfield that became CO-OP.

Not wrong but neither is Zero seeing as Somerfield was originally called Gateway.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 16:55

Yeah I think you might be right Jay when you mention that a lot of the problems this game has are symptomatic of mobile gaming in general. That was always a risk. But despite that, I'm pretty sure we've both got some good times out of this; I don't want to sound too negative about Heroes, there's a lot to like about it. Sadly the cool things come with some bad.

Still even in a worst case scenario, it's got me excited for any new Fire Emblem game, and it's nice to see newcomers to the series like Zero enjoying the taste so far.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 17:04

Muss wrote:
Still even in a worst case scenario, it's got me excited for any new Fire Emblem game, and it's nice to see newcomers to the series like Zero enjoying the taste so far.

Agreed - I'm well keen for Shadows of Valentia now, so I suppose Nintendo's mobile is strategy is paying off there!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 17:23

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:
I worked for Somerfield that became CO-OP.

Not wrong but neither is Zero seeing as Somerfield was originally called Gateway.

I was just giving you a masofdas fact.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 21:35

My limited understanding is that, in terms of accessibility, I might be better off with Awakening. On the other hand, an FE with save states sounds mighty tempting to this strategy novice (me Grin ). Happy to take advice and will enjoy Heroes - FE-lite-lite, it seems - in the meantime. Thumbs Up!

And, yeah, the local Gateway supermarket turned into a Somerfield, which is now totally empty. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 23:08

The Somerfield near me, the exterior of which appears in the film Hot Fuzz, became a Co-op and then closed.

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 B1169-Hot-Fuzz-2007
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 13:15

Muss wrote:
I've slowed right down on this, haven't touched it for a few nights. It's not bad but I'm not interested in feathers and all those shenanigans. Im also at a stage where I recently got a new five star fellow and so I need to go back and level him up. I just kind of don't want to, but my main team's 4 star cain is a chump now so it's got to be done.

Having got to chapter 9 I will polish it off but I'm not sure I'll play any more after doing so.

I did Chapter 9 ages ago and went back to it last night, I didn't know what to do as I want to continue the story and just playing ransom maps for levelling up to me seems pointless.

@Zero FE:A has loads of settings that I wouldn't worry to much about save-states, but I was thinking that a few of us will likely get Echoes, maybe waiting for that and then if you need help and talk is happening at the time, could be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 8:24

I'll throw my two cents in on the best fe to start with and say it'd either be Awakening or Birthright.  Both were designed for newcomers, however both have things to keep in mind.  Awakening's map design is pretty lacklustre from a tactical standpoint, mostly following a "grid with enemies tossed around to bum-rush the player" formula.  Birthright on the other hand, while it doesn't do anything overly complex, has more tactical thought in enemy positions and how the player is tasked with approaching each map.

I say this because which is best depends on whether you'll be playing Casual mode or going with Classic and its perma-death.  Most of Awakening's difficulty, and strategy, came from avoiding suffering any deaths when the bumrush happens.  Birthright on the other hand offers a bit more of a thrill with its maps where the enemies have a bit more thought in their placement, and a player can still conceivably be wiped later on even on casual mode.

The gba games are also good shouts from what I've played, although they lack user-interface features like being able to toggle enemy attack radius on and off, a feature I feel would be extremely useful for a new player. Heck it's extremely useful even on my current runs, I'd say it's invaluable for a new player!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 10:26

Cheers, Athers, that's really useful. Thumbs Up! Whatever happens I'm likely to return to The Sacred Stones before hitting up a 3DS FE, so there's plenty of time yet. Grin

Have hit a roadblock at the end of Chapter 3. Embarrassed

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:27

That's what the training tower is for - it's half cost on stamina for now, so make the most of it!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 9:30

Did some training, the sibling Paralogues, and am now on Chapter 4. Thumbs Up!

In other news, I've got to the point in Tokyo Mirage Sessions where another Fire Emblem character has emerged... who's in my Heroes team! The TMS version looks very different from his Heroes equivalent, let me tell you... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 9:37

I'm starting to burn out now, I've only got the last mission left on Lunatic, my main squad is maxed out & all I really have left to do is train up my 5* Camilla to replace my 4* one without getting a good summon.

It was a shame to see there were only 3 missions in the new pack and I'm not sure they'll be dropping content regularly enough to keep me going. Also not keen on the new missions, so many of them are based around 1 character & with my luck/remaining orbs I just don't have a chance of beating 1 of them, let alone all 4!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 15:32

I still haven't opened the app since saying I'd slowed right down! I'm a little disappointed there aren't challenge modes - ie, beat a scenario within a turn limit, as I feel like that sort of thing could've added some much needed depth to things.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 23:56

Crumpy Andy wrote:

It was a shame to see there were only 3 missions in the new pack and I'm not sure they'll be dropping content regularly enough to keep me going. Also not keen on the new missions, so many of them are based around 1 character & with my luck/remaining orbs I just don't have a chance of beating 1 of them, let alone all 4!

I saved up some orbs and got diddly squat out of 2 summons, which really sucks as I was hoping to get Ephraim. Bah. Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)   Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Heroes (Save Me The Corrinmels)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: