We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
masofdas
shanks
Raxicori
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 10:58

Good stuff! I've seen Cloud a few times, but I thought those Bayonetta ones were well out of stock.

~

I picked up The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes for £5.99 in Cash Generator. If anybody's played it, what's the verdict?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 11:04

It's a really fun little game - if you've got two other people to play with. I didn't enjoy it as much with randoms, or very much at all in solo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 12:36

It's pretty much as Drunka says: a good game with the right players alongside you. I found it literally impossible - not figuratively impossible, you understand - playing on my own. On the other hand, I loved playing with randoms - in fact, that made the game for me. Playing with real people beside me was actually a bit of a letdown! Also, I can't help but feel that there may not be many folks still playing it online at the mo... Meh
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 12:45

More books!  Decided to dabble around a bit as the end of my Cosmere read-through looms (until I reread the 1000+ page long Stormlight Archive books ahead of the third one in november anyway!)  A thread I started elsewhere turned up a bunch of suggestions, these three were the books chosen to kick things off.  Uprooted which I don't really know what to expect from, another epic fantasy in The Dragon's Path (disclaimer: doesn't actually contain dragons, also contains a banker as a perspective character which got me interested), and my first Discworld novel with The Wee Free Men (tossed up between this and Guards! Guards!, both had fantastic sounding premises, this edged the latter out as it was the one that cropped up in the thread).  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Sam_1211
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 22:08

Are you reading Pratchett for the first time, Sir Athrun?! If so, I am green with jealousy; you have so much good stuff to come.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 10:10

I really need to get into Pratchett. Everyone says it'd be so up my street, and my mum has all the books.
As for me, I also purchased some new reading material:

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 DH0pxuyXYAQ0lLZ
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 11:12

Guys, just a little heads up: if you haven't read any Terry Pratchett books, you should probably fix that. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 17:38

I've played Discworlds on PS1, does that count?

Uncharted Lost Legacy came today for £23 and comes with Jak & Daxter (PS2 Classic) and That's You! which I've got via Plus already.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 20:39

READ ALL DISCWORLD NOW ALL OF YOU

That said, Athers, be aware: TWFM, and all the novels starring Tiff Aching, are kids' books first and foremost.  If they rub you up the wrong way, please do start again with Guards! Guards!, which is un-caveatedly brilliant.  The Watch sub-series of books are some of my GoaTs.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 10:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 20:57

Men At Arms (a Guards book) is one of my favourite books of all time. There's a sequence near the end that had me shaking with the tension. Thief Of Time is also a complete belter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 17:12

My first 4K UHD movie, shame about no HDR though (well unless I can't see it on the box)
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 DIUzhnmWAAAJIVY

Also as you may have guessed I picked up something that can play them and like the PS2 with DVDs, PS3 with Blu-Rays (3D as well). I've gone for a game console to do this, and yes it is yet another Xbox One this time a S (the old Xboxes don't have 4K drives, so even if I never sold one, I would still have to get an S or X or a 4K player on its own at some point), so no Drunka you can't use that post about the X.

I've sort of said on Twitter and on here in what's coming out threads it be one of them when I've gone about films in the coming soon threads as the cheapest I could ever seem able to find a 4K player for was £150 used + a film, where the One S cost me £170 brand new and came with 5 games, 2 months Now TV that for £20 more it just made more sense.

As I did trade in the 3 of the 5 games which were all Bethesda games and as I don't like Fallout, played Dishonoured 2 and not fussed about DOOM to get Power Rangers.

Meaning I basically paid the same for a One S, 2 games, 2 months Now TV and Power Rangers as a used 4K Player and Power Rangers.

Microsoft really should promote the 4K player aspect more with the One S also from the guy said in GAME, I'm not the first to buy a One S just for the 4K player.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 17:46

masofdas wrote:
I picked up . . . yet another Xbox One

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Giphy Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Giphy Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Giphy Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 17:52

You're honestly telling me given the choice of a used 4k player and power rangers for £170 or New Xbox One S with 2 games, 2 months Now TV and Power Rangers for £170, you'd go for the 4k player.

Seriously that's all I've bought it for a 4k player, it's the biggest mistake Sony made with the PS4 Pro making a 4k console and not putting a 4k drive in it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 21:22

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 21247910

It's a collection of Super Mario comics, as printed in Nintendo Power back in the early 90s. Looks like fun stuff, found it in Waterstones for a tenner!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 21:36

That looks brilliant, Drunka! Applause The only thing of note I bought yesterday was black mustard seeds for a recipe Jo was making (which was ruddy delicious, to be fair).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 13:05

ZeroJones wrote:
Are you reading Pratchett for the first time, Sir Athrun?! If so, I am green with jealousy; you have so much good stuff to come.

Yah, first time, although I still haven't decided which book out of those I'll be reading first.

Balladeer wrote:
That said, Athers, be aware: TWFM, and all the novels starring Tiff Aching, are kids' books first and foremost.  If they rub you up the wrong way, please do start again with Guards! Guards!, which is un-caveatedly brilliant.  The Watch sub-series of books are some of my GoaTs.

Roger that and will do. Not that I'm opposed to the occassional kids/YA book, sometimes it's nice to just relax with a light-hearted romp. I still dig out my copies of the first three Artemis Fowl books every few years for that reason!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 23:08

Sold a few games to help fund a 2DS for my 5 year old daughter. She had a 2DS two years ago but it was a problem - she was addicted and likely too young to play properly. Now that she is a comfortable reader, she is getting more out of it (so far just Tomodachi Life) but I imagine I'll get her Animal Crossing New Leaf for Christmas (she loves the Wii Animal Crossing). What this also means is that I now have access to the 3DS library again, and I'm craving a new Pokemon experience - Ultra Sun/Moon may have to be a purchase in interim seeing as I have no Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 15:41

Some game about hunting monsters from Japan
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 19:50

Athrun888 wrote:
I still dig out my copies of the first three Artemis Fowl books every few years for that reason!

That's a blast from the past!  I read them primarily because my schoolmates said I was like him. Twisted Evil But then he got more sentimental as the series went on.  Bleah.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 14:14

A Flash T-shirt and a Wonder Woman one in the HMV 2 for £20 event. I remember when 2 for £20 would refer to CD's, and you'd be grateful for it, too. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 11:15

Yesterday and today is double discount in work, I did some food shopping along with getting some new work shoes. Nothing to exciting but I did get this

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 D9902d42901ce740a80b63635e49cb938f7276b3

Which I paid £22.40 for, so not a bad price. We have got a decent Switch selection in work but it is mainly the first party stuff leaving me with all I could pick up that I don't own or owned was 1-2-Switch which I'd never play, Minecraft Story Mode which is often on sale on PSN and Rayman Legends which would have been £21.60 but I don't think I would play it again.

This is now my 10th physical game I own and the 12th I have owned as I traded in ARMS and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Ohh and this came finally after a week of waiting
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 11511267-1104499366844513
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 11:53

ARMS and Puyo Puyo Tetris form two thirds of my retail Switch game collection. Shocked Enjoy LEGO Worlds, sir!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyWed 20 Sep 2017 - 14:02

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Giant_10

I wish.  Here's what I actually bought in-between hacking my lungs out of my chest in adelaide.

For those who can't read/see the titles because of my camera's lovely flash, from the top left in the first image we have: The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks, Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchet (which I'm sure will please a few people), The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, The Black Prism by Brent Weeks, The Once and Future King by TH White, Sins of Empire by Brian McCellan, Temeraire His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novrik, Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, and The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.  Most of these are the first books in their respective series as the goal here is to taste around and see what I'll continue afterwards.  

Games and movies sees Nier Automata and Tales of Berseria on the PS4, the final season of the best TV series around Person of Interest on blu-ray, Kingsman: The Secret Service also on blu-ray, and the sixty dollar empty box of Dragon Ball Fusions (whose story you can find elsewhere)

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Book_l10

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Game_l10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2017 - 23:19

Good haul today:
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 DK5u-G6XoAAe93w
Jak on PSP was £2 from CEX.

I was in GAME when I preordered the FE Warriors amiibo Chrom & Tiki, I bought the 3DS Collectors Box of Pokemon Silver which I really had no plans to get because as you know my views on 3DS but it's so cool.

Serenity goes into my 4K film collection and one I'm looking forward to watching again as it was filmed awhile ago, will be interesting to see what the picture quality is like as likes of GotG Vol. 2 was filmed in 8K, so looks great but I hear Ghostbusters from the 80s doesn't look that great.

Then I got a big 3rd party game on Switch if you didn't think I was going to get any after DOOM chat and cost me £15 after trading some things which I will be posting about elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 EmptySat 30 Sep 2017 - 4:54

masofdas wrote:
I was in GAME when I preordered the FE Warriors amiibo Chrom & Tiki, I bought the 3DS Collectors Box of Pokemon Silver which I really had no plans to get because as you know my views on 3DS but it's so cool.

Then I got a big 3rd party game on Switch if you didn't think I was going to get any after DOOM chat and cost me £15 after trading some things which I will be posting about elsewhere.

But will you play Silver?! Grin

Also, I got the same big third party game, for which I traded in the Nintendo video games ARMS and Metroid: Samus Returns. Got it down to £7.99 (although I had already paid a deposit... although although that was paid for with trade-ins too). In doing so I unlocked my GAME card's 'Speedrun' achievement for finishing and trading in a game within a fortnight. Can't decided if I should follow that sentence with Cool or No . Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next