We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
gjones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy Empty
PostSubject: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 14:33

Right. We have a thread celebrating our disgusting Western consumerist avarice, but I'm trying to save up dem yen so I can get away from all you infidels and fly to Japan. So what am I supposed to do when I innocently walk into GAME during my Christmas shopping and see this:
Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy 23846910

Right there in the flesh, taunting me, mocking me.
So here's a thread to celebrate the times we resist the temptation. Hopefully, when we look back in a year's time we'll think "I'm glad I didn't buy that crap, I'm so much happier for having saved my money for something sensible".
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 15:26

70 quid is a bloody ridiculous price anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 15:52

That's £20 more then what I paid from Nintendo UK Store.

The only recent thing I can think off was
Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy DIpGENeXkAE_OEd
that I didn't buy.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 17:04

Fire Emblem is worth every penny though...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 17:09

Didn't have the money at the time, did go back on payday but it was gone
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 18:21

I see that now and again in CEX, want me to keep an eye out Mas?

I've just been having the same convo about the price with some friends on facebook. Brexit, innit?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 18:25

It's fine mate

Nah it's just GAME being GAME with that silly price as Nintendo UK, Amazon etc don't seem to be affected by the whole brexit with there prices.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 18:39

Brexit is killing the high street, was my point Mas. Amazon and Nintendo are a little better, and obviously there's more than just Brexit making people turn to online shopping.

Also, was just a silly little comment mate.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 18:44

Possibly but GAME have been going down hill for years, and haven't really recovered from when they where in administration. Especially when you see the local game shop can charge so much less.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 18:57

Yeah, GAME are a shitshow. I love going into independent stores so much more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 19:01

I pretty much only use them to buy a console or something exclusive now but have picked up some 360 games for £2 from them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 19:05

I'm a GAME man for trade-ins. My calm, forum-dad-like exterior and personality hides a wheeler-dealer of extraordinary proportions.

I may be on a train and slightly bored.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 19:18

I used to use them for that, then they stopped matching the independent store or CEX plus a newish game, if I beat quick enough I can just eBay and get almost what I paid but in cash.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 11:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 21:35

I went to GAME to get my Switch. So, er, I guess I'm still happy they're around!

As for what I still haven't bought: Rocket League. Got to pick it up at some point, I know!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 12:07

When GAME started charging for a "demo" of PSVR*, I assumed they weren't really a shop any more. I went to my local one for the first time in a couple of years; I was surprised they'd bought the area next door, but it now seems to be largely a creche, as there's loads of gaming setups there. What a weird future we live in!

*Aside: GamesMaster put this in their "bad things this month" section, and one aggrieved employee wrote in to say he'd never buy the mag again, his explanation being that Sony made GAME buy the headsets, so charging for a demo was a way getting that loss back. But surely you get the loss back by encourgaing people to purchase the item they've just had a demo of? The concept of a free product demonstration has only been succesful for about 10000 years...

Actually, that's less of an aside. Things I wouldn't buy: a demo of a VR system.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 13:05

I only bought two books in the store instead of the seven I could have walked out with because money, does that count?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:51

How long a demo is it? If its like an hour or half an hour, that'd sort of make sense. I'd sooner rent a VR to have a quick go and think "that was neat" than pay top dollar then let it sit in a drawer.

But that's why you make friends with people like Mas Winky Face
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 20:33

I think them PS VR demos were 15 minute sessions for £5, or was it more?

Every now and then I think about collecting all the Wrestlemania/Royal Rumble/Summerslam/Survivor Series DVDs, even if it's £10 a month (the equivalent to the Network), but then I remember I rarely ever watch DVDs these days. I go on YouTube and watch "Top 10 best wrestling returns" and I close my laptop, satisfied.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 14:02

Drunkalilly wrote:
How long a demo is it? If its like an hour or half an hour, that'd sort of make sense. I'd sooner rent a VR to have a quick go and think "that was neat" than pay top dollar then let it sit in a drawer.

But that's why you make friends with people like Mas Winky Face

Got to support the new tech if it turns out to be good (Switch) or bad (3D).

Now on VR, I think it may have finally become financially more viable for more people with PSVR being around £250 (during Black Friday but January Sales again soon) with a game or two plus Sony has made some tweaks to the setup along with good content coming to the platform such as big 3rd party titles like DOOM and Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 11:14

I saw a collector's edition of Mario Kart Double Dash in my local CEX yesterday. Never seen one before (and can't find it on Google Images) but it was a GAME exclusive and had a silver/platinum case that slid over the usual one. Didn't really have £25 for it but could regret it one day Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptySun 3 Dec 2017 - 11:29

Surprised it has gone up to £25 for Double Dash. I've seen that preorder bonus (HMV did one for Wind Waker) a few times but the actual collector's edition is the one with Zelda which is £25 in CEX as well if you can find it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 0:11

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Skyrim

I popped into Game during the split in my shift today, looking to pick up the last few Switch games I'd like to have with my Switch. I took L.A Noire, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Skyrim and went to the counter. "Oh", says the cashier, "we only have the download codes for Xenoblade, not the physical games." I say never mind, I'll just have the other two. Then it turned out there weren't actually any Skyrims in the drawer. So I walked to the counter with three game cases and they could only sell me one game.

What a weird shop!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 7:26

I experienced that with Kirby: Mass Attack. The box was on the shelf, I took it to the counter, the guy there said "We have to keep the boxes out to keep Nintendo happy", I boggled. Eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 10:27

I don't even work in GAME and I can tell you the cases are left so you go to the till like Drunka did, they go we've not got Skyrim in stock but would you like me to order it, with Drunka going Nah I'm fine mate.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 10:31

Aght. How irritating! Hope you can pick 'em both up soon.

GAME is daft sometimes. Should say I've mostly had good experiences with 'em.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy   Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I DIDN'T Buy
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next