We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 0:54

It's got a 85 on Metacritic which to me is a bit low but for indie such as itself, I could have seen it being more mixed review wise and be on a 70 or something.

The stuff Drunka brings up are top notch that they will get it a highish mark even if the narrative doesn't come across.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2019 - 11:12

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Planet-RIX-13_psvita

1. It's cheap
2. It's on VITA (also PS4, One)
3. It's an easy Platinum (1000g on Xbox)

If any of those floats your boat then maybe look at it otherwise it's just okay at best

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Onimushawarlords-blogroll-01-1-1547596983081_1280w

Last time I played and finished Onimusha was back in 2001, I never played the sequels or anything else as by then unless it was something big the PS2 wasn't getting played.

That when I would watch an E3 predictions video etc and Onimusha came up, I was like yeah it was good but what's the excitement about when we could be getting a new Devil May Cry from Capcom instead.

Now playing Onimusha again, I've got to say I can see why people would want more of it that I really do hope Capcom have used this as a testbed to get a new Onimusha but more than likely it will be ports of the other games.

I personally think Onimusha holds up really well even with a rather basic port, I was going in thinking controls might be an issue but they aren't that I can only see the camera being an issue due to the fixed angles.

The biggest issue is I've not played it for 18 years yet I still managed to get the speed demon trophy which is beating the game under 3hrs, before someone says you played it on easy nope on normal and I didn't rush either. Because it plays like Classic Res Evil the puzzles are so simple along with the backtracking well I know the green key I got from here works with that door over there which is bound to have that half of the crest in it which open that door and so on

It does have replay value as I only got C rank (high though due to 10 points for my quickness) that I could go try to get S rank, which I used to do back in the day with Res Evil to make the game last longer as back then a game had to last you a while.

Overall for the price, I think it's worth a download also I'm excited to see more Onimusha, Res Evil 2 Remake in a way from playing this and due to the setting Sekiro (I thought was Onimusha before the From Software logo) & Ghost of Tsushima.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySat 19 Jan 2019 - 12:19

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Hotel510

I finally finished this masterpiece! I've started this several times over the years but never had the patience to see it through until now. I'll have more to say on ginners - this will be the next "case review"

10/10
easily
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySat 19 Jan 2019 - 23:05

I need to replay Hotel Dusk. God, thinking about it has the wonderful music playing in my head. I might slot that in sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 13:37

Yoku's Island Express

Just hit the credits on this one and it was fun stuff, especially if you are looking for something short and light-hearted after you have beaten something longer. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 14:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Hotel510

I finally finished this masterpiece! I've started this several times over the years but never had the patience to see it through until now. I'll have more to say on ginners - this will be the next "case review"

10/10
easily

One of the games out in February might tickle your fancy if you liked this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 16:22

And that game is Dirt Rally 2.0
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 18:40

Sounds legit.

Somebody was asking me which DS games I'd like to see remastered for Switch. Basically all of the Cing games would qualify. Bangers.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 11:51

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Header

I finally got around to playing this yesterday after it's been in my PSN library for ages. It was actually seeing Ep2 of Life is Strange S2 trailer that made go play this as I've not played an episodic story game for a while and I had this one.

GotG is not the worst but not the best either, the best thing about it is the soundtrack.

Overall it was just a fun day playing it in this weird waiting for Res Evil .
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 21:41

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Secuaces de Bowser

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Screen10

I was a bit sceptical as to whether I'd enjoy this as the last M&L game I played (Paper Jam Bros) had me feeling quite fatigued from the series, they're always essentially the same with an added gimmick so going back to the original I wasn't expecting much from it. I'll quickly move past the Bowser's Minions bit as that's very "meh" and I didn't really bother with it.

Superstar Saga was the only game in the series I'd yet to play so I thought I'd give it a fair crack of the whip and it turns out it's probably my favourite. Up until this point it would have been Bowser's Inside Story but Superstar Saga completely nailed it with the pacing of the game and making the core gameplay enjoyable, it's not hard to see why they've never strayed too far away from this.

I really enjoyed the characters and story too, I knew Fawful was a great from other games in the series, Prince Peasley played the suave monarch role, People is your classic crook and Cackletta is as evil as you'd want from a main villain. A special shout out also goes to the bit with Princess Peach in the desert area and the final area of the game and the boss battles you have in it.

9/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2019 - 19:55

The Forum's Favourite Game of 2018

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 AHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9HL0IvODExODgzL29yaWdpbmFsL05vdl9TU0Jfc2NybjEwOC5qcGc=

Here, 'finished' constitutes WoL 100% completion (on Normal), all Challenges beaten or hammered, and Classic cleared with all characters.  You can't actually finish a Smash game, not until the next one comes out anyway.

Thoughts within:

Re. M&LSS, grand to see that you enjoyed it Smurf! Grin It's far and away my favourite in the series, because it has an overworld but no Giant/Papercraft battles or 2D sections.  Good to know it still holds up from the point of view of someone coming at it fresh.  Also, Laughing at you using the Portuguese(?) box - I only just realised that!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 19:00

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 H2x1_WiiUDS_ElSillaArcadeEdition_image1600w

Dry January is pish, because I end up wasting my Saturday nights and downloading utter nonsense such as El Silla on the Wii U. It's just recently out, and it got a decent bit of coverage over on Nintendo Life in the build-up to it's release onto the eShop. Sadly, this won't likely prove to be the Wii U's great revival. All you do is run through the same six levels again and again, reenacting the bit in The Simpsons where Bart smacks Homer with the chair in the bath. That's it, basically. Very basically. Because it's very basic.

In it's defence, it's a quid, it uses the Wii U GamePad motion control better than many other games on the system, and it actually raised a laugh at one bit. But, yeah, don't go buy it or anything. If it were a Flash game from 2006, you'd have played it once and likely forgotten all about it. 3/10.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 21:14

I guess it was the "in" Simpsons meme for a while last year, missed the boat now really.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 16:03

JayMoyles wrote:
Hope you've had a good birthday today Mr. Ofdas! A birthday weekend with the Rumble and RE2 can't be the worst birthday going, eh?

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Resident-Evil-2-Remake-Reveals-Claire-Redfield-Images

Yesterday evening I wrapped up Claire's campaign in 5.5hrs which is sort of fine as that's how long it was back in day but I've read reviews saying it takes 10hrs with all the new stuff etc just for one character.

Now I've finished with the one character and now know where things are etc I reckon I can do Leon's quicker (maybe not S rank quick), that even though this a fantastic remake and is getting free story DLC soon it might not be worth £40 due the shortness unless you're going for a 1000G or a Platinum.

It is a fantastic remake maybe THE best remake but I do feel its missing that je ne sais quoi the original had due to it being all fancy and AAA.

I will come back to it and do Leon's side of things along with 4th survivor but with treading old ground so soon after finishing Claire's side of things, I'm going to be starting Kingdom Hearts III and will come back to RE2 when it's a bit quiet on the new games front.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 20:52

With a time like that I assume you played on standard mode? I finished up Leon's Story on hard yesterday and that took me 13 and a half hours, I've been hearing standard is laughably easy and I didn't like the sound of the game auto saving either. So from my play through I feel like they have picked all the best things from the series over the years (defensive sub weapons, the shooting from 4 & the classic ink ribbon save mechanic) and merged it together really well without compromising peoples fond memories of the original.

I can't say for standard mode but the Zombies feel like an actual threat on hard rather than the cannon fodder of previous games & my only real downsides are the puzzles feel really light compared to the older games and as someone I follow on twitter pointed out if you aren't careful with your ammo you end up having no way to deal damage since the combat knives are breakable.

Loved my time with the game and highly recommend everyone give it a try but if you do play it on hard as that is the best way to experience it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 21:06

I did play it on standard as I pretty much always play on normal, which I gather most reviewers played on who were saying 10hrs.

Surprised playing on hard makes the game that much longer as it's not like there's extra content and I just avoided zombies along the way anyway, I guess on hard they attack more aggressively, slowing you down but I would try avoiding them then as well to save ammo.

I don't think I actually used the autosave as in dying that loads me back, as only time I couldn't just avoid enemies was boss fights which if I did die, I loaded my save from a type writer as it kept the overall time down compared to the autosave.

That's the only thing I can really see being different on how I played would be using ink ribbons to save.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 22:40

I think ink ribbons make a massive difference though, as when you did have to reload how far back were you going? It can't have been too far back considering the game is full of lots of typewriters, also my completion time is probably longer that most people as I tend to search every nook and cranny in the resi games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 23:20

Sent me back to basically the typewriter before the boss fight and I did save at almost every one I came across, so yeah even if zombies didn't kill me, I might have had to do decent amount of backtracking due to a old save back to a boss but that wouldn't add time on, if I saved at 4hrs then played for another hour then died and reloaded my last save it still be on 4hrs.

I don't think I missed anything in terms of files etc just some of those racoon statues, I just felt I was sort on auto pilot even though it's rather decent to the OG verison.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 0:59

Mas wrote:
I just felt I was sort on auto pilot even though it's rather decent to the OG verison.

Yeh hard mode didn't feel like auto pilot at all which is why I think it's the best way to play it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 10:43

But the puzzles etc would be the same that's what I meant about auto pilot, same with Onimusha I recently played. Everything seemed so obvious and ReMake 2 having a super handy map system, that once I picked up a key item, it was just look at map avoid enemies to get where I needed to go.

I gather the map system doesn't change on hard, that I can only see enemies being more aggressive meaning harder to avoid and the ink ribbon save system and maybe less items in the world, now that would make it harder.

Whenever I do play as Leon, I may give it a go on hard and see how I can get on but I can see the ink ribbons being the difference for me. Still I don't think I can get either mode under 3hrs for a S ranking and that achievement/trophy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 18:49

mas wrote:
I gather the map system doesn't change on hard, that I can only see enemies being more aggressive meaning harder to avoid and the ink ribbon save system and maybe less items in the world, now that would make it harder.

The map system doesn't change but a functional map is important in these games & it does have all the other things you mention (my only comparison is with the demo which I assume was on standard) and is exactly what makes it harder, I want to say enemies do more damage as well especially the bosses. Many times I was short on all sorts of items & even in the final boss fight I had about 30-40 pistol ammo, 1 mag ammo, 2 flash bangs & 2 full healing items and that fight alone took me about 15+ tries before I beat it.

Not to mention certain areas I just didn't feel comfortable in unless I cleared them out by killing enemies.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 19:00

My main issue even on hard or any difficulty (actually might play on easy to get the no item box or healing achievements) is it's still going to miss the je ne sais quoi of the original.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 19:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 19:33

Fair enough, I think they've nailed what I expected a modern version of RE 2 to be which is why I said this earlier:-

Jaster wrote:
I feel like they have picked all the best things from the series over the years (defensive sub weapons, the shooting from 4 & the classic ink ribbon save mechanic) and merged it together really well without compromising peoples fond memories of the original.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 10:49

Yoku's Island Express

The Switch's other beetle-based Metroidvania. This was a sweet, fun little game. If you haven't heard already, you play as a dung beetle and knock yourself around the island with pinball flippers. Its super slick, the ball physics are satisfying but also digital enough to allow you to make necessary shots. The music and visuals are really pretty. The map was a little more confusing to me compared to most metroid-likes, but I think thats just because of the pinball mechanic and the subsequent whirling around here and there. It only clocks in at 6-8 hours for the main quest, but unlocking the whole map and polishing it off feels rewarding. It was actually quite nice to get that experience in a condensed form. Any longer would have overstayed its welcome, I think: the mechanics couldn't do much more beyond that.

10/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 11:04

Glad you liked it, I agree on the length yet I'd still love a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next