We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Last game you finished and your thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 9:25

I believe this had a varient on the old Ngamer forums once. Anyway, the premise is simple, you finish a game for any system and then come in here to post your thoughts if you wish to do so.

And without further ado, I'll kick things off as I finished Persona 3 Portable not too long ago for what was my fourth time I believe. Still just as good as I remembered when I played it a year or so ago. Both endings really feel like a kick in the mouth though since
Spoiler:

Anyway, my previous view was that it was a ten out of ten game, and that hasn't changed. I wouldn't change a thing about it, except adding in The Answer.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 10:36

What fabulous timing, Athrun! I beat the Champion in Pokémon Ruby not ten minutes ago. The third generation never clicked properly for me. In 2005 I bought a GBA SP and a copy of Emerald, which got me back into gaming, but I remember disliking the second half of the game (well, from Fortree City onwards). Ruby has made me accept it more. I'm only really playing it to get a Rayquaza into my copy of Pearl, to be honest, but it's been a blast - particularly earlier, when I was playing through Emerald for the GNamer Nuzlocke challenge!
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 12:00

I finished Paper Mario: Sticker Star shortly after the New Year kicked in. I could technically "complete" Super Mario Galaxy 2 right now, because the Bowser level is available and I could go and kick his butt, but I haven't got all the Power Stars up to that point (damn the Fleet Glide Galaxy!!!!!), and I'm well aware that there will be more of the little beggars to pick up once I defeat Bowser for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 12:23

Hmm, i finished Fate/stay night a couple of days ago - the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works routes, anyway. It'd been something i'd been looking to play for a while now, having loved playing through Fate/Extra, and...well. It's a decent VN, but the cast aside from Rin and Lancer (and to lesser extents Assassin/Saber/maybe Archer) were pretty iffy or just bad though imo. The story at least is pretty good though, if not without it's odd silly moments.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 12:45

I watched the anime of that (based on the route where he ends up with Saber). It was bad. I mean, really bad. It played out like a hackneyed adolescent fantasy. I can only imagine that it was worse with the inclusion of sex scenes. Pale

I haven't finished anything recently, due to not having much to play and then EVERYTHING BEING RELEASED AT ONCE. Check back here later on next months for some of my typically hilarious musings. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 12:54

Balladeer wrote:
I watched the anime of that (based on the route where he ends up with Saber). It was bad. I mean, really bad. It played out like a hackneyed adolescent fantasy. I can only imagine that it was worse with the inclusion of sex scenes. Pale

Skip buttons are an absolute godsend. I'm no fan of....that....kind of thing.

I haven't seen it, but iirc although the anime is mainly Fate route, it mixes in the other two as well. I can't imagine that did anything but absolutely muller the story quality into a mess. The original VN actually handles things pretty well. There's still no saving most of that cast, though.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 13:22

Probably Rayman Jungle Run. PastaGames (Maestro: Jump in Music!) did a bloomin' good job at making each level feel fresh and build upon the last. It's a sound auto-runner too, and it's a great stopgap between Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends.

Last edited by sporkhead on Fri 29 Mar 2013 - 22:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 15:12

I finished WWE 13's story mode, and considering it was my first wrestling game since the PS2's Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth, I enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 17:18

Trine 2 on wii U

Fun game though I expect it's better played with two other people rather than in singleplayer.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 9:14

Fire Emblem: Path of Radience
Cracking game, though they didn't have drag the ending out by revealing text at the slowest speed ever and not letting me press A to skip through it. Also seeing Rolf as my second best and Boyd as my third whilst Oscar was dead was pretty sad Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 11:35

Tomb Raider it was very good
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 11:39

DuckTales on the original Game Boy for me! I finished it last Sunday, having had it for years and never really bothering with it. It's a fun little platformer, and it makes me wish that Capcom (and other cracking companies like Konami) still had the ability to make quirky platformers like it, licenced or not. Thank goodness for WayForward!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 0:29

Kirby's Adventure Wii. Surprisingly there was a lot more to this than I thought, you could easily play through the stages and quickly get past it all without much trouble (except from a late difficulty spike) but attemtping to get all the gears as you go through adds a nice bit of replayability to it, not tried the minigames but there aren't many of them and the extra mode after completion is a little cheap so the reward for getting them all isn't great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 11:05

I've been meaning to pick up Kirby's Adventure for ages, glad it sounds pretty decent then.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 11:06

New Super Mario Bros. U in 4 player mode. Trying to get 4 people through the "not the last level story-wise but really the last level you'll get to" is an impossibility; really 3 have to bubble and a super-pro runs like dilly-o, but this was LOL-filled from start to finish. Hooray.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 13:41

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Good solid platforming action coupled with the usual amusing Sly cast and story.

Noooow....i just need them to hurry up and finish Sly 5 already....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 14:30

Silver light wrote:
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Good solid platforming action coupled with the usual amusing Sly cast and story.

You've finished it already?! Mine's not even likely to have arrived by tomorrow. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:00

Stu_the_great wrote:
Silver light wrote:

You've finished it already?! Mine's not even likely to have arrived by tomorrow. Aww!

Mhm, my copy arrived on Sat and i finished it last night. How quickly i can rip through games when i'm actually motivated is somewhat worrying Laughing
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 20:14

Ninja Gaiden 3, required a lot of button mashing and frustration (I eventually just switched to 'hero' mode so I wouldn't die Tongue) But it is really good, gorey fun for all the family! AND it has a compelling story to dissuade you from skipping those delightfully done cutscenes AND ryu has a costume that has him run around topless, albeit covered in an insane amount of blood...

:witch: best buy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 21:34

Bioshock infinite, it didn't live up to expectations a lot of things I didn't like,
To short I think it took me 10hrs
It now plays like a proper FPS
The twist wasn't that great either
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:15

Wasn't the original Bioshock about that length anyway? I don't remember it taking me that long to beat it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:23

I think the 1st was about 20hrs, but will double check on the site how long tk beat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:26

HLTB avg of the 1st is just over 14hr, I still reckon it took me 20 ish as I took ny time and looked for loot etc. im trying to work out in my head actually I might of done infinite in 8 maybe even less than that
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 0:57

@masofdas: so I was right about it taking 10 hours after all Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 8:11

Don't you find it amusing that Bioshock Infinite lasts ten hours? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next