We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 22:00

It's just as good as the tennis games for playing with others, slightly cheery AI mind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 22:34

If whoever develops it keeps things fun and avoids the sharp difficulty curve of Strikers Charged, I'm in. Thumbs Up! Local play could be exquisite. And yes, hard pass on the dev team who did the footy for Mario Sports Superstars (or, indeed, any part of that game No ).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 19:19

I'll probably play it mostly in single-player, so the tennis itself has to be just the first step.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:20

I never picked up Ultra Smash, so I'm really looking forward to this one. In all honesty I would be surprised if it was the case that Nintendo didn't add in online play. It would be a bit of a step back after Splatoon 2 and MK8D.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:22

I'd agree with that SMM, especially if they're pushing ahead with the paid online this year too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:02

Does make you wonder what offerings they'll push out to tempt people to pay. Mario Kart 9? Bomberman Switch Only Good This Time? A (very) surprising Q4 release for SSB5?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 20:25

I think Smash 5 is an unlikely shout - Smash game usually come once every 6 to 7 years, no?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 20:32

You're right, and I wouldn't expect anything of the sort... but they do need something to make people willing to shell out for paid online, and I don't know if MK8D and Spla2n will cut it by then.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 20:34

You know the paid online will give us Dr. Mario for a month, right? That is worth the entry fee on its own.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 20:38

If that's all they give us in return for our hard-earned dosh, it'll be a bitter pill to swallow indeed. Cool
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 12:48

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd agree with that SMM, especially if they're pushing ahead with the paid online this year too.
I'm actually surprised how cheap it's going to be for the yearly membership. Although if they're backing on their huge install base then they should still bring in a healthy sum.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 19:11

I'd expect cheap from Nintendo to be honest, they don't have a lot of practice in the area and they need to woo the fickle gamer. We still don't know what we're getting for even that money.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:43

This looked class on yesterday's Nintendo Direct, much smarter and tactical than I thought it might be. I was thinking that Aces was just going to be Ultra Smash 2, but happily it's looking like its very much it's own game. There's a lot of promise in those casual modes too, and I'm looking forward to playing with the motion controls.

Nintendo made a right arse of Mario Tennis on Wii and Wii U, and the 3DS one was a bit unspectacular, but last night's showcase gave me hope that Aces will actually be...

*wait for it*

... good
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:55

Can only agree, Cappa. At this point I think I’ll be playing it without the Zone stuff, because that’ll be most like the N64 game, which was peak. A must. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:39

It does look great and one I'm really looking forward to but outside needing to use zone stuff then I'll be playing like normal tennis.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 20:07

I don't know what to think of this. At the time, I thought it seemed overly complicated. Now, I'm thinking it might be a good way to make Mario Tennis back into the fast-paced game that tennis is, but Mario Tennis isn't unless you're both at the net. Think fast, press buttons faster, and use your funny jumpy thing with precision. Three racket breaks and yerrout sounds tripe though.

Obviously I'll be playing without Zones when I can, but I'm looking forward to the one-player most and I'm betting they'll be mandatory there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:40

I was initially a bit overwhelmed watching the Direct as my last Mario Tennis game was the decidedly simpler Gamecube one and this looked mental by comparison. But, I got my head round it towards the end of the segment and what initially seemed like a crazily complex game of tennis now looks to be a crazily fun game of tennis. I like the idea of using your super meter as a resource for the more powerful shots. I'm all over romantic Vegaesque Waluigi as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:44

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 F63

Yes. More of this.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:46

Waluigi ain't got nothing on Dewey.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:45

If Tennis Aces waluigi isn't in Smash then im setting Mas loose in Camelots office, preaching the church of Kojima, dressed as del toro.....

Overkill?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 12:34

Shouting Wa Wii Wu We Wo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 19:02

Seems overly harsh.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 19:04

Maybe slightly I'll admit....

All joking aside I love the character they're trying to put into what is essentially there character!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 20:45

Yeah, I'm down for this. It's got loads of new stuff! And you can completely ignore and just play tennis! Which I will!

Interesting that it's both a replacement for Mario Tennis and Wii Sports Tennis, with the motion control thing. There might be a lot of optional "faff" in that, but it does remind me of the good old days of N64 games, where devs used to jam things full of weird options and modes. And Toadette! Yay! I don't know why I like Toadette so much.*

*no not in that way for crying out loud
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:03

Oh aye?

Jimbob wrote:
THE AMAZING PREDICTO SAYS: if Toadette isn't Smash Bros. DLC this year, I'll eat my hat.

Bit of an obsession there, wouldn't you say? Winky Face From these two posts three years apart... MY EVIDENCE ISN'T TENUOUS YOUR EVIDENCE IS TENUOUS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next