We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 1:11

Really like the look of all the new systems, they initially put me off but when I seen how well it all jels together and works tactically. My main worry will be I won't be very good at it but at least I can revert to normal tennis if it's not for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 7:15

Treesmurf wrote:
My main worry will be I won't be very good at it but at least I can revert to normal tennis if it's not for me.

That's my concern! Am I getting too old for this?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 10:11

I dunno but I think I've always been too old for it when it comes to thinking of quick tactics.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:14

Tennis has always been a quick-thinking man's game... which is why I've always preferred Mario Tennis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 18:00

I think the new features will give the game legs that it might not have had if it was just a normal ol' game of tennis. I can see me playing it for a fair wee while. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 20:52

This wasn't really on my radar but what I saw during the Direct has converted me. It looks like it'll have the fundamentals down, and the new features are definitely something I'm interested in dabbling with. Also you can play as a Chain-Chomp!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 22:03

I do not feel anywhere near enough has been made of this.
Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 56913b013275b
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 23:31

How does it hold its racket?! Nah, mate - I’ll be sticking with Mario. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 23:56

Zero wrote:
How does it hold its racket?! Nah, mate - I’ll be sticking with Mario.

He holds it like a god damn champion, I think he'll be my main. Smile

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 MTAslide

Side note: since he's always been based on a dog the way he holds his racket also reminds me of Sif, the great grey wolf from Dark souls.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Mar 2018 - 18:28

I am playing all my games with them. Until I get fed up with their lack of any reach, at least.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Mar 2018 - 23:53

What's inside the Chain Chomp's mouth itself? Does it have a tongue? Or is it just an endless dark void? These are the questions that will now keep me up at night.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 0:08

JayMoyles wrote:
What's inside the Chain Chomp's mouth itself? Does it have a tongue? Or is it just an endless dark void? These are the questions that will now keep me up at night.

A cat bed.

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 Super-mario-bros-furniture-chain-chomp-cat-bed-catastrophicreations-thumb640
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 0:38

Horrifying. Poor kitty. No
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 6:37

The Chain Chomp in Link’s Awakening acted like a dog and, as we know, cats and dogs are natural enemies (or at least tend to oppose each other in cartoons, which is exactly the same). In short, I’m down with it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 16:39

Pictured above: Gus and Beatrice's new home. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 19:04

How did youse get on with the online tourament demo? For me, the input lag was a very unexpected and very unpleasant surprise. I felt that if I won a match, it was because the opponent was struggling with lag, and if I lost a match, it was because I was struggling with lag. Skills, fire, power-ups and all that weren't the match deciders, disappointingly.

Acht. This needs sorted!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 20:40

Majority of my games were quite smooth but aye it isn't fun when the connections fall to 2 or especially 1 bar as you get moments where you think you missed your shot then the return happens or you're sure it was a hit and it lags and ends up as a miss. Thankfully you can decline a match if you see a dodgy connection but if I had to guess this game likely runs peer 2 peer meaning it's all about the players' connection to each other and I think many people won't have a wired set up either which just makes it a lot worse than it should be.

Hopefully the full game allows us to stick to certain regions as that's the only thing I think of that would help, overall though I am totally sold on getting the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 22:51

I've not been able to play this but it's great seeing that people seem to be really impressed by how it plays, other than when the connection goes.

I traded in arms in partly because I couldn't get it working well through my wifi, which doesn't bode well for this, but come August I'll be living somewhere else and I'll definitely be picking this up by then. Would be well up for a GNamer Open
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 2:12

Hopefully part of the paid Nintendo Online service will be proper server connections.

I managed to get a game in last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! I had a mirror match with fellow Peach and struggled to find my feet: She was at Match Point, about to win without me scoring a point, and then I came back and after a long, tight game I won it.

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I never think I like tennis until I watch or play some, and then I'm reminded what a tight, tense, fun game it is.

Still not sure I can justify a Day One purchase, but this is definitely on your boy's radar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 8:25

I do expect the final game to be a lot better in terms of connection, can't remember having that many issues with the 3DS Mario Tennis and that's what tests like this are for.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 20:16

I don't know much about how it fares online, because I'm trying to keep it until release as much as possible. One thing I did let slip through the net, though, is the menu music. Which is brilliant. It sounds like a championship point tune. If this is the standard of the menu tune, I can't wait to hear the rest of it! Love
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 16:16

I enjoyed what I played of this! The online was fun, although I was never sure if when I was thrashing somebody if they were either pretty bad at the game or suffering from lag. The connection always seemed fine by my counts. I did find getting my head around the new systems to be a bit tricky at first and I kept pressing the wrong buttons here or there, but I suspect after some time with the game's single player offerings I'll be game and set for a few matches online.

A GNamer Open looms, I think!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 17:57

JayMoyles wrote:

A GNamer Open looms, I think!

We doing that for SMASH and Pokemon?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 19:11

I'm always down for kicking everybody's candy-asses in Smash. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:15

Lads, lasses, others - this is out today! Anyone planning to pick it up? I'm hoping to have it drop through my letterbox at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)   Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Tennis Aces (Explaining Why Mario has Never Got Together with Peach)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next