We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:11

Drunkalilly wrote:
I feel it in my fingers,
I feel it in my toes.
The clues are all around us
Balla's doing a sneaky vote.

Haha that's a fucking belter of a post!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 4:17

Well see now I'm torn.. Do I add my list or do I stick to my no vote guns and do nothing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 18:45

masofdas wrote:
Plus he must be close to counting everything up on his fingers and toes.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I feel it in my fingers,
I feel it in my toes.
The clues are all around us
Balla's doing a sneaky vote.

I hadn't even thought about adding them up until Mas posted this. Laughing It's primarily a discussion thread (which I'm about to help, hopefully!), and I'll wait until that dies down before I do think about doing any sums.

Basically yes Shanks you should contribute.

Kriken on Conquest wrote:
Yes the story is bad but so was Awakening's. Probably even worse - maybe even so-bad-it's-good - but I didn't go into this game expecting it to be good (although sure, I would have been happy to be proven wrong). It's still some of the most fun I've had with this series. They cleaned up the mechanics from Awakening, adding consistency to the way pair-up works, and there are great and challenging maps. I also really enjoyed the aesthetic, the moody Nohr theming, the music and even the little jingles/sfx. And it's gloriously linear.

Glad somebody liked it, it seems to have largely sunk without trace!  What does that last line mean Kriken?  Re. your other games, could I trouble you to post a bit about Zero Escape?  The Lady's a big fan of the games, but they've always seemed a bit dark for my taste.

As for OoT, get your optician on that I would. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 0:09

Ha, well I accept I'm possibly in the minority when it comes to OoT in that regard.

I say Conquest is gloriously linear, because unlike most of the recent games, there are no side battles to grind exp. It's mostly just straight chapter-to-chapter. I guess the other games attempt to balance themselves around the extra exp gain but I don't know how well and I think it just pads out those games. It also means you can't always just skip side battles because you'll be under-levelled (but it depends on the game and difficulty).

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is really good. It's been years since I played it so I can't recall the story perfectly but like 999 on the DS it does get rather bleak at points, and doesn't hold back too much in its cynical portrayal of people and bad things happening to them. It has its light moments though and the dialogue is often jokey and pretty funny.

I got pretty hooked on the story and wanted to see what it all amounted to. You make decisions throughout the game that lead you down alternate paths but they all link together in some way and help you progress. Then there's the gameplay itself, the puzzle rooms with point-and-click elements and of course the puzzles themselves which were mostly pretty well made.

It got me to play 999 which was also really good but I sorely missed the quality of life elements Virtue's Last Reward introduced, which I believe they've added for 999 on the PC and later releases. I want to get back to Zero Time Dilemma at some point as well.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 3:01

Well alrighty then..

In no order:
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon X and Y
LOZ Link between worlds
Luigi's mansion 2
Metroid Samus Returns
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem fates
Rhythm paradise mega mix
Ace Attorney trilogy
Super Mario Maker ( just go with me on this, sure it was limited and then some but making levels on the go was fantastic)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 16:11

shanks wrote:
Well alrighty then..

In no order:
Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 VillainousShyBettong-size_restricted
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 11:46

Balladeer wrote:
As for OoT, get your optician on that I would. Razz

Agreed, the original definitely looks better
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 20:38

You can join Kriken in the waiting room.

Kriken wrote:
I say Conquest is gloriously linear, because unlike most of the recent games, there are no side battles to grind exp. It's mostly just straight chapter-to-chapter. I guess the other games attempt to balance themselves around the extra exp gain but I don't know how well and I think it just pads out those games. It also means you can't always just skip side battles because you'll be under-levelled (but it depends on the game and difficulty).

Ah, I see. I quite being able to grind. Embarrassed

Kriken wrote:
I want to get back to Zero Time Dilemma at some point as well.

Cheers for the views on VLR Kriken! To be honest I think I get cynical enough about people in everyday life, so it might have been a good one for me to skip. I have, er, heard mixed things about ZTD...

shanks wrote:
Super Mario Maker ( just go with me on this, sure it was limited and then some but making levels on the go was fantastic)

Could you even share levels in the 3DS version?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 1:06

You could not, but there was something still satisfying making them on my 3ds, just seemed easier. Admittedly it was a big fail on their part for not letting the levels out on the world
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 3:08

Mario Maker was totally released a generation early, wasn't it? It makes so much sense on Switch that it didn't on Wii U and 3DS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 22:20

Could say the same about the Wii U to be fair.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2019 - 10:34

I think Mario Maker made more sense on WiiU because the stylus comes with that console, rather than the Switch game needing one separately (and also being slightly less wieldy in one hand).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 20:33

Maybe. Anyway I think I'll try and throw the numbers up on Friday. Shanks' games I'll count for a tenth place each. (Remind me again why you hate votey things so strongly Shanks?)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 20:45

Wouldn't 5.5 each make more sense?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 20:59

Thought about that, but decided it's not 'fair' if a game gets more than the bare minimum from a person who didn't want to take part in that aspect.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 15:44

Balladeer wrote:
Maybe.  Anyway I think I'll try and throw the numbers up on Friday.

I refuse to read the results. This is against the will of the people. Traitor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 19:59

We don't even have enough active forumites for that to get a 52% majority. Sulk
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 18:57

RESULTS

(Tie-breakers are, in order: points, first places, average points per pick.)

10:

9:

8:

7:

6:

5:

4:

3:

2:

1:

Thoughts:

Some quick and dirty results.  Please feel free to discuss these and to continue to talk about great 3DS games that came up in people's lists!

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 20:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:20

I gave FEA first place
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:35

On the one hand, thanks for pointing that out - fixed.  (I'd given ACNL one too many firsts too.)  

On the other hand, given that it actually takes a fair while to put the numbers together manually and there's a lot of scope for small errors, it would have been nice if the first post after it went up wasn't only 'YOU DONE A BOO BOO'.  Especially when said boo boo doesn't affect the results at all.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 23:33

Good list overall, and great to see ALBW come out on top.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 1:07

Unsurprised and also chuffed to see two MH games in that top 10. Also unsurprised by our collective top 3DS game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 9:18

Andy didn't take part this time around, but OR filled the MonHunSuperFan void by picking three Monster Hunter games!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 19:18

Well done everyone - that is a good list. I don't have to feel guilty for not contributing now!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 11:31

Balladeer wrote:
Andy didn't take part this time around, but OR filled the MonHunSuperFan void by picking three Monster Hunter games!

B)

Zelda and Monster Hunter machine, like I said! Can't be too upset with that list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)   Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Top Ten 3DS Games (Not a Vote)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next