We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread

Go down 
+8
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
neil
gjones
Muss
Balladeer
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  Empty
PostSubject: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 13:37

It was never my thread, so fuck off.

~

a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  Hero?v=2021061209

Rumoured for years, leaked in the last couple of days and now announced on Nintendo's own website (so hopefully not a spoiler), it's the long-awaited sequel to that Mario + Rabbids game that I traded in for No More Fucking Heroes: Fucking Travis Fucking Strikes A-Fucking-Gain.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mario-plus-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-switch/ 

I'm sure more news will come out about this at Ubisoft's conference. Up for it?

EDIT: here's the reveal trailer if you're arsed:

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 22:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 13:24

Looked good and Rabbid Rosalina Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 13:52

I'll say my usual bit on UbiSoft in another thread, but: this would normally be where I say that even though I didn't get on with the original Mario + Rabbids (too hard!), it looks really nice and I hope people get a lot of enjoyment out of this.  In this case I hope it tanks at retail and that if people do enjoy it, it's because they bought it second-hand.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 16:46

a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  Tenor
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 22:58

Genuinely didn't know about that Ubisoft stuff until I read Balladeer's post about it in another thread.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 7:48

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Genuinely didn't know about that Ubisoft stuff until I read Balladeer's post about it in another thread.  Neutral

Same. Why haven't I seen this? I would say I'm fairly informed on modern gaming as well Neutral
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 10:27

Balladeer wrote:
I didn't get on with the original Mario + Rabbids (too hard!)

I bought it cheap in the sale, and I sort of like it but I'm still on World 1 a year later. I've come back to it quite a few times, and I enjoy it when I switch it on, but it's so slow and it keeps asking you to do the same things until you're fed up after 30 mins.

The setup with Mario and the Rabbids is horribly contrived, and the whole Mario cast look too classy to be there, but not in a way that makes it any funnier.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 10:41

gjones wrote:

Same. Why haven't I seen this? I would say I'm fairly informed on modern gaming as well Neutral

Wow but as Balla has said it was a thing for about a week then everyone that just moved on because shiny games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:53

neil wrote:

The setup with Mario and the Rabbids is horribly contrived, and the whole Mario cast look too classy to be there, but not in a way that makes it any funnier.

Ach, I'd disagree with that - I think the jokes land reasonably well (as well as you'd expect the Rabbids to work, to be fair) and I remember enjoying Rabbid Peach and Proper Peach interacting. The XCOM-lite gameplay resonated with me too, so I'm up for more of this. Davide Solaini - a name which I've almost definitely butchered having not Googled it first - seems like a decent bloke as well so it's good to hear from him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:06

JayMoyles wrote:
Davide Solaini - a name which I've almost definitely butchered having not Googled it first - seems like a decent bloke as well so it's good to hear from him.

I remember him talking about the first game and it being quite heartwarming a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  1f60a

Maybe I'm being too harsh on the game, it was as well executed as it could be, I just don't like the Rabbids much. Pretty close to Minions, which I can't stand.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:32

I think the Rabbids still have some leftover stink from the Wii era where they turned up in about a dozen games of varying quality and were never really funny - much like the Minions, yep - but juxtaposing them with the Mario cast and injecting some Mushroom Kingdom charm actually works well in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:45

I've been banging on about it this whole time. I said this on twitter, but:

if you're doing business with Ubisoft right now you're either ignorant, a coward, an accomplice or all three.

The same applies if you're buying Ubisoft games or writing about them without discussing the profound lack of justice.

Rat little cowards.

Also, all Ubisoft's games are shit to mediocre at best, including the first one of these which was nothing special.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:49

You're right.

They are mostly not my cup of tea which makes it easier. I do like Trials though and I did buy it, probably after this info came out Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:54

neil wrote:
I do like Trials though and I did buy it, probably after this info came out Embarrassed
That's okay, I'll label that one under
a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  5d7u48
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:58

neil wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I didn't get on with the original Mario + Rabbids (too hard!)

I bought it cheap in the sale, and I sort of like it but I'm still on World 1 a year later. I've come back to it quite a few times, and I enjoy it when I switch it on, but it's so slow and it keeps asking you to do the same things until you're fed up after 30 mins.

I did get to world two, but I then realised that I wasn't really enjoying the gameplay.  I thought the presentation was decent, but not decent enough to keep me playing.

masofdas wrote:
gjones wrote:

Wow but as Balla has said it was a thing for about a week then everyone that just moved on because shiny games.

Yep.  For example, Nintendo Life published a grand total of one article about the entire fiasco.  It was - you couldn't make it up - the bit where Yves apologised*.  Having not reported on the developments, or the staff departures, or any other aspect, Nintendo Life published Yves' apology*.  That's basically the worst look they could have.  So I'm absolutely not surprised that you fellows didn't know: the media has gone out of its way to bury it, and this is one reason I will keep bringing it up.  Agreed with Buska's point that it's disappointing that Nintendo have chosen to work with them again.

Laughing at the title change - well played.  a3HM is probably the type who thinks that people should shut up, and a little sexual harassment shouldn't affect his gaming in any way.

* It was the shoddiest non-apology apology.  He didn't actually come out and say 'sorry you people who got assaulted feel bad', but he did everything else.  It was shuttled out in a presentation just before Ubi's E3 last year I think, in a separate tweet, without the #UbiForward hashtag so anyone searching for that would have missed it, in which Yves didn't make any specifications as to the 'alleged' incidents and made the usual corporate noises that amount to essentially nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 21:17

Shithouse company, enjoyable first game. I hate being conflicted like this.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 19:51

The first game was great and I've no doubt this one will be but I'll do what I did with The Last of Us Part II and buy second hand. There is the argument of course that it's not fair on the 90% of staff at Ubisoft who are decent human beings but I'm sure their wages will get paid either way and those that will appreciate their work can still do so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 0:12

Treesmurf wrote:
There is the argument of course that it's not fair on the 90% of staff at Ubisoft who are decent human beings but I'm sure their wages won't get paid either way

Fixed it for you. Buying games just adds up to CEO bonuses.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyWed 19 Oct 2022 - 16:21

Out tomorrow! I saw this advertised at a bus stop yesterday, so you know it's box office.

Anyway, is nobody arsed about this? The reviews are impressive, but Ubisoft's reputation precedes it, right?

The first one wasn't my thing - I gave it a go but I didn't get more than a couple of hours into it. I think I'll wait for when Sparks of Hope is in one of Ubisoft's bi-weekly eShop sales, when it's reduced to pennies alongside Wheel of Fortune and Just Dance 2018.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyWed 19 Oct 2022 - 21:03

Yeah Ubisoft innit. I loved the first one and I imagine it'd be in with a shout for my GotY but as mentioned above it'll have to be a 2nd hand purchase which I'm in no rush to do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyThu 20 Oct 2022 - 7:43

I'm more interested in Midnight Sons and I don't need 2 strategy games this close, plus the previous game dropped mad cheap, so hoping the same will happen here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyFri 21 Oct 2022 - 12:54

Aye, echoing the other's thoughts here - it'll be a budget buy if I ever do get around to it. The first one was pretty good, but certainly not good enough that I'd be rushing out to buy this day one by any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptySun 25 Jun 2023 - 18:59

As you may see me on Switch playing this, yeah picked up today the cosmic edition (Did you get Cappa as sure saw you post a deal) in GAME for £20.

EofGiz been playing and seems to really enjoying, at the price I'm going to be giving Ubisoft come Motorfest etc in Ubisoft+ etc
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  EmptyMon 31 Jul 2023 - 21:22

masofdas wrote:
As you may see me on Switch playing this, yeah picked up today the cosmic edition (Did you get Cappa as sure saw you post a deal) in GAME for £20.

EofGiz been playing and seems to really enjoying, at the price I'm going to be giving Ubisoft come Motorfest etc in Ubisoft+ etc

I can confirm that I am playing and really enjoying.

I liked the first game (especially the DK dlc) but this really irons out almost all of the issues I had with the first. Structurally it's alot more appealing in handheld, it looks amazing on the oled and the gameplay is ALOT quicker, streamlined and just overall more fun.

I can only see this getting cheaper so for around £20 or less it's a must buy for me if you like strategy games ✌
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread    a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

a3HeadedMonkey's AND ONLY A3HEADEDMONKEY'S Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Thread
Page 1 of 1