We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Currently Playing On A Mobile...

Go down 
+11
Admin
Axis1500
JayMoyles
Kieron
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
ShadoWolf
shanks
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
fronkhead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:58

Thanks both.

Truth be told I wasn't great at Super Hexagon until recently where the only thing I had to do in a hospital waiting room was play Super Hexagon. So I managed to master Hexagonest in the end, and from there on practice continued to make perfect.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:58

Thought I'd revive this thread.

Been playing the excellent Threes!, though I'm not great at it -- my highest score still stands at around 2500, and the biggest card I've made is 192.

I also played through the Android version of Little Inferno (that's the third platform I own it on!) because I embarrassingly didn't 'get' the message of the game on Wii U. It's not a great port compared to the Wii U and iOS versions, at least on my hardware (flagship 2013 phone, Adreno 320 graphics, dual core Krait CPU), with input lag (though that's more of an Android thing anyway) to the extent that if you want to lift an item out the dock, you have to tap and hold it for ages for the game to register it, and an unstable framerate, but it's playable. Though it crashed on me more than once when I piled up more than 6 items in my fireplace, leaving me with an empty fireplace and no money. Annoying!

I decided to give in and take a punt on the smartphone port of Final Fantasy VI, and I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting much from Square Enix's past efforts but this is a well thought out smartphone iteration. It runs really smoothly (60fps on my 2013 phone), has some great menu design whereby you don't have to send a party member's command to the back of the queue anymore, and decent touch controls. The new sprites look better on a smaller screen too, and they retain some of the great emotions from the SNES original. It's a shame environments are so inconsistent, though: some places look great and retain the pixel art (sometimes made more detailed) from the SNES original, others look oddly upscaled and filtered. But overall it's a decent port. I just wish they'd license some proper fonts as the system font looks weird in a game like this!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 14:43

Monument Valley! I've heard a lot of good things about this, and its now on Android. I love the MC Escher inspired level design. This is the first mobile game I've actually dedicated time to. Heck, I've even chosen to play this game over some of my 3DS games. I'd love a Wii U port.

Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 Monument-Valley
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 14:45

As, yes, I think I've halfway through it. Pretty neat, though a lot of the puzzles seem to revolve around trial and error, there's something that feels slightly unsatisfying about it.

Impossible Road is out on Android now, too, which I'd highly recommend. Chris Schilling called it a cross between Rainbow Road and Super Monkey Ball, which I'd say is a perfect description.

Otherwise I've been playing the mobile port of Dragon Quest VIII. It's a lot better than I expected, though I deleted it because it was just *too* more-ish. Tose ported it over it seems (judging from a Japanese interview on 4gamer.net), but it's a port done with love and thought: rather than just stick the original game on iOS/Android they've retooled it for one-handed use and portrait orientation, making it one of the most comfortable and effortless traditional games I've ever played since Ace Attorney on WiiWare.

My only niggle is in porting the game to the Unity engine, the visuals have taken a slight downgrade: lighting is a lot more basic but otherwise everything else has made the cut from a visual perspective.

I'd recommend it, and I'm looking forward to the iOS/Android versions of Dragon Quests IV-VI now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 7:36

Thanks to the eagle-eyed fronk, I'm playing Final Fantasy V for half-price! It's a much better port than FFII was, as he rightly mentioned on my review of II in the General Gaming Discussion thread. Cheers, sir! Grin
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 10:22

Glad you're enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 8:51

80 Days. It's a lovely graphic novel game, a play on the choose-your-own-adventure books you probably read as a child, but set in a steampunk version of Around the World in 80 Days. A lot of fun this, and very replayable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 6:43

Puzzle & Dragons. It's fun but the match three field is not very large, meaning big combos are more down to luck than anything else. You get combos to make your monsters' attacks stronger, and you randomly capture some of your opponents. The oddest part is that you can sacrifice captured monsters to help other ones level up... Pale / :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 13:22

I just beat Game Dev Story three times. Amazingly addictive and clever commentary on the games industry. Basically, you run a game company and you make videogames over a 20 year period (Think NES-Wii). Really fun references. Someone named Shigeto Minamoto ended up working for my company. xD

Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 Intrendo
Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 735721
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 13:27

Played something very similar to that on PC - Game Dev Tycoon. It's a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 7:23

Evoland. After reading Jay's description of it in the Last Game You Finished thread, I knew it was for me. An iOS version was recently released and I'm a-playin' it, y'all! It's meeting my expectations at the moment, though the combat isn't all that (yet). I'm hoping that, as I acquire more bits of the game engine, it'll open up into something more splendid. Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 8:43

A few different games like Bravely Archive for example
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 14:02

After reaching a bit on Evoland that has raised my anger to a dangerous level, I've gone for Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down. The MSF graphical style has been retained, as you would expect, but instead of moving Officer Patricia Wagon, you slide pieces of piping into place so that your fire hose can put out all the on-screen flames. Intriguing, so far - it feels like a nice breakaway game, when you're bored of the main game you're playing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Feb 2015 - 16:31

Axis1500 wrote:
I just beat Game Dev Story three times. Amazingly addictive and clever commentary on the games industry. Basically, you run a game company and you make videogames over a 20 year period (Think NES-Wii). Really fun references. Someone named Shigeto Minamoto ended up working for my company. xD

Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 Intrendo
Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 735721

Whoo! Glad you enjoyed that one, Axis! I had a bit of a mad run on that game at one time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 8:26

Thanks to a review on God Is A Geek, I'm playing Knights Of Pen And Paper 2. It's set up like a game of Dungeons & Dragons, only the actual fighting takes place using classic RPG menus of choice. It's pretty funny, up to press, and looks well enough. A cautious recommendation at this early stage. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 22:12

Massive spoiler to go with the DoPo: Knights Of Pen & Paper is going to get a 7/10 on Gintendo before the end of the week. Thumbs Up!

It's given way to Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions, which looks incredible, even on my 5C. Sadly, the controls are getting in the way of me enjoying it fully. Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 23:01

TriPo? Winky Face I'm back on Final Fantasy V: Phone Edition. Two of my party keep getting wiped out - it's time to log some hours in the Grindcopter.

Well, Grindboat, really, seeing as I'm sailing around at the moment. Neutral
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015 - 5:16

I'll break the combo to say that I've been playing Fallout Shelter which has been getting me hooked in trying to keep the dwellers happy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 12:17

Just restarted FFV after two hours of play - I'd found myself at an unwinnable battle. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 12:24

It's another Zero DoPo but I have to chat about Swapperoo, a massively addictive match three game that Touch Arcade put me on to. 79p all in, your playing field is made up of the classic colourful tiles... only not all of them swap. Anything that is an arrow can be swapped in the given direction but squares cannot otherwise be moved. Various intricacies of a similar nature crop up until, well, 2am ( Embarrassed ). It's great stuff, very clever, and I may well review it for that there Gintendo once I've finished. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 12:42

I'm always looking for a good new twist on the match 3 so I eagerly await your review.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 16:50

The only mobile game I've ever properly played is Earthbound through an Android SNES emulator

Seriously guys I thought you had 3DS'??
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 17:49

Turns out there are games on iOS that can't be bought or played on a 3DS. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 9:49

I know I'm just winding you up Razz

Everyone knows mobile games are for casuals
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 9:59

But I'm a Nintendo man - the perfect middle ground between 'hardcore' and 'casual'!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing On A Mobile...   Currently Playing On A Mobile... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Currently Playing On A Mobile...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next