We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why dont they make that

Go down 
+8
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
12 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Why dont they make that Empty
PostSubject: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 10:45

Similar to my reboot/return topic, but is there nay game you though someone should make of should of made.

I still think Nintendo should do a sequel to the gameboy game pokemon trading card game for the Nintendo 3DS, you would get the game and a deck of 60 AR cards, maybe 2 boosters to make my deck slightly different to john smiths. It would play like the previous game or any traditional pokemon game you go to gym X, and you battle the gym leader etc using real trading cards. It would make pokemon trading cards something I would buy and collect again, you could play with mates the old fashioned way aswell.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 9:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 13:42

I've always thought that Sonic Team should make a Sonic version of LittleBigPlanet. Let users use the spritework from, say, Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive and let them go crazy. It would be the cock and bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 16:23

That's an interesting idea, but would that work with Sonic? I don't even think it works very well in LBP, let alone a game with pre-established gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 16:44

Masofdas, sorry to bring up legibility again, but even in the most perfect English, Impact is horrible to read!

I just don't understand why Nintendo haven't done a Pokémon MMORPG yet. Or if they wanted to do something I'd actually buy, a 3D Mario with SM64's non-linear level structure. Bung in Yoshi, re-work the Wing Cap mechanics slightly, and you've got the sexiest game on any console.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 16:48

andyman949 wrote:
That's an interesting idea, but would that work with Sonic? I don't even think it works very well in LBP, let alone a game with pre-established gameplay.

It cannae be difficult, can it? Just use the Sonic engine from the 1991 original, have a level editor with set spritework/backgrounds/soundtrack/etc and let people go mad. Take it online for sharing, and I think you'd have a G.O.A.T. on your hands. That's just an idea, of course, but with LBP the precedent has already been set. People would love it!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 19:09

I like all of the idea's, especially the one pointed out by Masofdas. I had the original trading card game for gameboy and it was pretty good, although with access to playing the trading card game through a handheld/console there would be less incentive to buy the actual physical cards. (At least by my logic)

As for missed ideas... Maybe a better online system? For both console and handheld. At least Monster Hunter kind of do it themselves otherwise it would be a nightmare to meet up with friends.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 20:26

I agree with you all. Violently.

Also, same LBP point as Phillips, with Mario.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 20:33

I think Yoshi or Kirby would be a better fit.

Anyway (copy-pasted from the "Who Really Needs Their Own Game?" thread), I was thinking recently that a Pokémon adventure might be quite fun. And when I say "adventure" I mean "adventure RPG thing kinda like Zelda": go along, collect things/Pokémon to progress, beat larger Pokémon as enemies etc. The big thing would be that at certain points in the game, your main characters evolve! (Maybe, I 'unno, when they've had enough character development or something.) Suddenly you're a lot more powerful, have different abilities, and maybe have hilarious moments where you're not used to your own body or something.

My initial idea was that you have control of the three starters of some region, and change between them to use their unique abilities, like Trine 2 but with a bigger world and not so dull. So Venusaur can use vines to manipulate stuff, Charizard can fly, Blastoise gets to shoot with his cannons, and the villain is Mewtwo because why the heck not. Similar to Poképark 2, then, only not minigame-based and actually good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 22:18

no you would have to buy more card's. to make your deck better to battle the gyn leaders and elite four etc.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 0:14

Phillips wrote:
I've always thought that Sonic Team should make a Sonic version of LittleBigPlanet. Let users use the spritework from, say, Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive and let them go crazy. It would be the cock and bollocks.
The same as this but with Mario, I'm sure something like this was mentioned at E3 a few years back so I'm surprised we haven't seen anything come of it yet, knowing Nintendo though it might have already been in the works for years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 7:49

masofdas wrote:
no you would have to buy more card's. to make your deck better to battle the gyn leaders and elite four etc.

My idea was a separate one to yours, Masofdas. Mine's in a more Zelda-y, less RPG-y vein.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 9:58

if they do a console pokemon game, i reckon yours is a great idea balla
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 15:16

Me and ibbsters from twitter had a great idea,

i was in town with him, and i called animal crossing mario crossing instead, but we had an idea based on this. Right you download the mario crossing app from wiiu eshop, where you mii can life in mushroom kingdom. in something close to playstation home (but good), where you and your friends can interact and play mini versions of nintendo games. So there's a race track in mushroom kingdom where you can go and race just like in mario kart 8 but is only a trial and at the end it pops buy mario kart 8, could also have a tennis court etc. So basically a interactive eshop thing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 8:20

*blows dust off post*

I was hoping we'd have one of these threads lying around somewhere, because I've had two ideas for games recently.

1) Pokémon Tales (title subject to change). Various chapters of people living in the Pokémon universe who are not trainers. So, for example, you might play one episode as a security guard fending off some burglars with the help of some Pokémon, or be a Ranger and help clear a fallen log from a road during a storm with a Gurdurr (or whatever). At at least one point during each episode you are distracted from your highly important work by a trainer coming along to challenge you. More episodes to be added as I think of them.

2) Unnamed space FPS. Nintendo pull out all the stops and produce a gorgeous space shooter, like we're used to seeing on other consoles. The twist is that, at the end, the final huge monster slime boss is revealed to be Samus Aran. Being injected with the DNA of seemingly every creature in the galaxy had a bad effect on her.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 15:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *sigh*)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 14:40

masofdas wrote:
I still think Nintendo should do a sequel to the gameboy game pokemon trading card game for the Nintendo 3DS, you would get the game and a deck of 60 AR cards, maybe 2 boosters to make my deck slightly different to john smiths. It would play like the previous game or any traditional pokemon game you go to gym X, and you battle the gym leader etc using real trading cards. It would make pokemon trading cards something I would buy and collect again, you could play with mates the old fashioned way aswell.

That has real potential - I could see folk going mad for it like they have with Skylanders/Disney Infinity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 18:38

ZeroJones wrote:
1) Pokémon Tales (title subject to change). Various chapters of people living in the Pokémon universe who are not trainers. So, for example, you might play one episode as a security guard fending off some burglars with the help of some Pokémon, or be a Ranger and help clear a fallen log from a road during a storm with a Gurdurr (or whatever). At at least one point during each episode you are distracted from your highly important work by a trainer coming along to challenge you. More episodes to be added as I think of them.

I like the sound of this! I think that's why I enjoyed the first Pokémon Ranger game, despite its extensive list of glaringly obnoxious flaws.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 22:10

Balladeer wrote:
Masofdas, sorry to bring up legibility again, but even in the most perfect English, Impact is horrible to read!

I just don't understand why Nintendo haven't done a Pokémon MMORPG yet.  Or if they wanted to do something I'd actually buy, a 3D Mario with SM64's non-linear level structure.  Bung in Yoshi, re-work the Wing Cap mechanics slightly, and you've got the sexiest game on any console.

...Sorry.

I second masofdas' wish for another Pokémon TCG, I thought the first was great. Shame Hudson Soft are no longer around to make a sequel, but even then it seems Pokémon spinoffs are now only reserved to a select (wrong) few developers. A far cry from the days when they were all made by in-house Nintendo or very close partners like Hudson.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 22:59

I think what Fronk has done there should be a bannable offence.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:16

Why don't they make more games that use Comic Sans? I miss its use throughout Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge and on the action button in The Minish Cap.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 19:21

I can't keep this up anymore, I hate Comic Sans too much to believe I just wrote that last post.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 20:03

A good few years ago now, I taught a lad who would cross through any use of Comic Sans font on any worksheet and write it out again underneath/wherever it was convenient. Hateful font.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why dont they make that   Why dont they make that Empty

Back to top Go down

Why dont they make that
Page 1 of 1