We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Go down 
+20
The Christ
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Jimbob
Admin
Solve My Maze
Vidofnir
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Sentinator
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 2:02

I would only leave if only when I activated the green beam thing to the entrance
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 8:21

You'll be pleased to know that I figured out the Swamp Palace. Loved the boss, too! This is shaping up to overtake SteamWorld Dig as my 3DS game of 2013. Don't drop the ball now...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 22:36

And Done.  Grin 
No spoilers... but I had to do the last bit twice because I missed the thing.

(hmm... maybe I should've written a spoilery thing - at least it would've made sense)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 17:56

I'm about a year late, but I've started playing this and I'm really enjoying it. It's been a while since I've played a Zelda game, which is only serving to enhance my experience. I'm about to hop into the House of Gales, yet I've spent a good couple of hours wandering about exploring and getting items. The open-endedness of this is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 19:45

While I'd rather the main storyline and tasks were a bit more lined up, you're right in that it's an absolute blinder of a game. You've got lots to look forward to, Jay! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 19:48

That doesn't really bother me really! I'm a pretty inquisitive player, so I seem to happen upon most of these tasks whilst progressing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 20:22

Maybe so, but I'll always prefer a tight story with lots of opportunities for exploration outside that, than something that plonks you in a map and says, "Go!" More room for story and direction that way, and no need for the item rental mechanic.

I know that Jas (for one) disagrees with me, though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 20:38

Although I played it by buying all the items as soon as I could (thereby kind of bypassing one of the game's main points Embarrassed ), the melting into the wall mechanic revolutionises things. Another Link Between Worlds would be welcome - very welcome indeed. Enjoy it, Jay! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 21:19

Balladeer wrote:
Maybe so, but I'll always prefer a tight story with lots of opportunities for exploration outside that, than something that plonks you in a map and says, "Go!"  More room for story and direction that way, and no need for the item rental mechanic.

That was more or less my opinion on Zelda before coming into this, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying this, especially considering I was never particularly fond of the original Link to the Past.

ZeroJones wrote:
Although I played it by buying all the items as soon as I could (thereby kind of bypassing one of the game's main points Embarrassed ), the melting into the wall mechanic revolutionises things.

That's what I've done. Laughing

I'm not fussed though - means I can do the game in whatever order I like, and saves me backtracking to Ravio. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 21:30

Yup, I reckon that ALBW's a good enough game that any structural quibbles I might have had were deftly swept aside.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 22:50

It's one of the only games on the 3DS that I've played with the 3D turned on as well - there was a section where I was falling from platform to platform to traverse a lava chasm and the 3D was really impressive.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 16:22

So I beat this! Easily my favourite 3DS game I've played thus far - a masterclass in design and pacing and a really great experience to play through from start to finish.

The only gripe I have is that I'll never 100% this due to that bloody Endless Cucco minigame and the requirement to last 16 bloody minutes on it to max out the clock and get the reward from that. Honestly, if nobody on the dev team could manage it (as I've read), I might just disregard that and just do Hero Mode to get my little golden C on my Backloggery.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 17:27

Good man! This was also easily my favourite 3ds game until MH4U arrived.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 18:13

I just started hero mode last night. I have already died about 500% more than in the main game (I died once in that)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 18:46

My copy has long since been traded in. Embarrassed Beforehand, though, it took its rightful place as my second favourite 3DS game (Kid Icarus: Uprising remains #1). Proof that there's life in the 2D Zeldas yet, coupled with a beautiful, light-touch story. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 18:50

I just named it one of my games of the semi-decade!  Although I do have more gripes than Jay, the game as a whole sweeps them aside.  Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 5:10

Yeah, I'd be tempted to include it in mine as well. Smile

Andy - Is Hero Mode just enemies do more damage, or are there harder enemies in the beginning areas?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 7:47

I'd say they just hit harder, though I haven't played it in a year, so my memory isn't perfect.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 22:53

Oh crap! I haven't even started hero mode yet. Whoops
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8