We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D

Go down 
+12
Solve My Maze
Jimbob
Rum
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
shanks
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
Athrun888
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 5:29

The classic is about to be reborn! At long last the second N64 zelda is getting the enhanced treatment, and despite my groaning in the direct thread I'm really excited about it! Wind waker was always my favourite zelda, but majoras mask is the one that I've always held in the highest regard, and I'm thrilled to see it finally coming.

So, thoughts, discussion, ect ect ect. Who else is excited for this?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 9:10

It was an inevitability, but that doesn't mean I need to be happy about it. I've played it recently enough to remember it well enough, and I did not get on with the three-day system. Granted, it had plenty of brilliant moments and twisted stories, but they didn't really add up for me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 9:44

It's a Zelda I've not really played and it's 15 years old next year so a update is good as I will now pick up and will hopefully get into it this time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 10:29

I've not played this because I was so sure there'd be a 3ds version. And I was right! I'm properly excited. For me, this is a brand new Zelda. And a weird, twisted, innovative, dark one at that. Top drawer.

And they were right to stick it at the start, because it wasn't really much of a surprise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 13:25

Yeah I guess I'm a bit excited for it only as it will be my first time playing it. Then I can see what the fuss is about
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 13:28

Here's hoping this remake will stir up some fresh MM haters so I'm not seen as the odd one out Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 14:01

I'm an MM indifferentiater. Does that count?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 14:12

Naa, need some passion to be in my club.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 14:51

andyman949 wrote:

I laughed out loud at that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:24

Balladeer wrote:
I'm an MM indifferentiater.  Does that count?

Thought MM was the marmite of the Zelda game's.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:37

Although I don't rate it highly as a Zelda game, it's still a Zelda game. It's still good! And more than some other Zelda games, it has some splendid set-pieces, and many moments that made me FEELS all over the place. It's just that I don't like the structure, at all.

As a result, I can't drum up either the energy to love or hate it. I don't like that they're doing a remake of it, but that's as Marmite-y as I can get.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:39

andyman949 wrote:
Here's hoping this remake will stir up some fresh MM haters so I'm not seen as the odd one out Winky Face

Balladeer wrote:
I'm an MM indifferentiater.  Does that count?

andyman949 wrote:

I really couldn't give a shit about this & it makes me quite annoyed that Nintendo are now firmly into the "let's remake old games" territory, what's next? That bloody rumoured Luigi's mansion HD? Sulk
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:58

I get N64 remakes, they bloody well need them Laughing Even I'm kind of tempted to give it a second go if it's reworked sufficiently (like it sounds like the save system has been).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 18:26

Also is coming out next year which be it's 15th anniversary which is okay by me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 19:47

The original sits, unloved, in my Wii U's Wii mode. After a concentrated effort a couple of summers ago, I made it to the third dungeon... and have stalled, badly. One day it'll get finished, in common with loads of other games (FFVI might be my next Wii VC project). That's my MM history. I'm not terribly excited for MM3D either; as Jas mentions, too many remakes. Consider the last three Zelda releases: Ocarina 3D, Link Between Worlds (heavily riffing off Link To The Past) and Wind Waker HD. Another remake next... more genuine new, please!

tl;dr - give us more Four Swords. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 20:15

I think that both I and Jas will defend ALBW as being a new take on an old world. Definitely not a remake!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 21:06

Yeah ALBW is a sequel.

Well I've preordered my limited edition of MM3D.
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D Majoras-mask-3ds-collectors-edition-uk-contents-steelbook-case-pin-badge-jewel-box-poster-640x319

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 23:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 6:21

Balladeer wrote:
I think that both I and Jas [and mas] will defend ALBW as being a new take on an old world.  Definitely not a remake!

No, of course, and the phrasing was an error on my part. Embarrassed I was just using it to highlight the recent Zelda release obsession with former games. It's very much its own beast, with at least two brand-new and wonderful mechanics, but most of the time you are in the world of Link To The Past.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 9:46

On Nintendo Store if you went through it via Mobile it came up with a date of February 15th but now if you go on the actual website it says June 30th. Neither of those are spring though which is March, April, May and with Code Name: S.T.E.A.M being a May Game I would hope we MM3D in March.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 10:37

I've never played Majora's Mask. I had Ocarina of Time on the N64 and never got very far with it, but loved the 3DS remake (I think because I was older and the newer version was a lot more playable), so I'll no doubt get MM and see what all the fuss is about.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 9:32

andyman949 wrote:
I get N64 remakes, they bloody well need them Laughing Even I'm kind of tempted to give it a second go if it's reworked sufficiently (like it sounds like the save system has been).
Aye - when Other Formats are HHDing games that only came out 2 years ago, re-creating something that had technical limitations is definitely welcome. And unlike digitally remastered films, I can actually see the difference!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 15:08

Speaking of HD games I thought on the initial reveal after they showed a bit of 3ds gameplay it transitioned into the crisp CGI mask & I thought for a second we were getting a wii U version as well.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:24

One thing that has me worried is how saving will be handled. When playing the song of time, the message now asks you if you'd like to return to the dawn of the first day, with no mention of saving.

I can see why the saving system would be rejigged around for a portable, especially when the Japanese original lacked the owl statues, but doing a proper save via the song of time shouldn't be tampered with in my eyes: I'd prefer the ability to quick save anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 23:06

Don't worry Fronk, I think what's happening is just an extra quicksave option - almost like a save state, and the song of time mechanic will stay as it is. I think.

I hope
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 23:10

I do think your idea of more Four Swords is cool Zero, seeing as we can now play online or could be the game to launch a extra gamepad support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next