We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo to kill off the DS.

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Axis1500
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:37

I still like the feel of the Phat. Silver paint and stylus were rubbish though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:41

I like the feel of it too, but it looks really cheap and screen is rubbish. I don't know how I stuck with the likes of Chinatown Wars, Curious Village and The Legendary Starfy on that screen.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 0:49

Me too! I only picked up a DS Lite two years after launch (on the day the Lime Green model was released, which is what I own), it really was leaps and bounds ahead of the DS Phat.

Though I think my model was one of the ones with the inferior screens (earlier DS Lites had higher quality ones if I recall correctly), but it was such a step up from the DS (Game Boy Micro quality screens and backlighting!) that I didn't care.

Which reminds me: a friend of mine from outside the forum owns a GBA SP backlight edition. I am jealous. That bought those kind of improved screens to GBA SP form factor, and it's really nice.
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 11:00

I have a DS PHat, then a DSi and now a 3DSXL. I too don't know how I played on the Phat screen for like 3/4 years, however it's lasted and still works! It became a real asset for Pokemon trading.
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: Nintendo to kill off the DS   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 19:32

SuperPaperLink wrote:
I have a DS PHat, then a DSi and now a 3DSXL. I too don't know how I played on the Phat screen for like 3/4 years, however it's lasted and still works! It became a real asset for Pokemon trading.

Me too. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 22:24

Phillips wrote:
Oh, and by the way: I bought neither! Close call though!
Shocked
M. Night Shyamalan wrote:
What a twist!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 16:37

What he actually bought was was his mother's ghost who programmed the DS version of Spider-Man 2 in the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 17:59

Neutral How can you buy someones' ghost?
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to kill off the DS.   Nintendo to kill off the DS. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo to kill off the DS.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2