We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Early Mario or Early Sonic?

Go down 
+14
Rattlecat
2grundies
beemoh
masofdas
Admin
Jimbob
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Mario
Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 13 ]
Sonic
Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Jonah Lomu Rugby
Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty26/01/14, 03:47 pm

@mas well, I know what I meant & I've already explained it as well, so how you take it falls on you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty26/01/14, 06:07 pm

Maybe should of been worded better, as outdo could mean anything sells (What I thought, as you see articles like the PS4 has outdone the Xbox One, which it means sells), review scores.

I now know you meant better game.

Maybe I should of been Super Monaco GP was such a better game then Super Mario Kart -_- (I think this is the face for sarcasm).

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty27/01/14, 12:28 am

:bom: Drunken Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty27/01/14, 04:38 pm

Tough question. I love Super Mario World more than any Sonic game but would choose Sonic 1 over the first 3 SMB games. I guess i would give the vote to Mario as Sonic has been pretty bad since Sonic 2 with only a couple of fairly decent efforts.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty28/01/14, 07:12 pm

I much prefer Early Sonic and Modern Sonic over Mario's platformers (apart from Super Mario 64).
Back to top Go down
Luigi442wii
Floppy and Salty

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty17/04/14, 06:15 pm

Voted Mario because I don't play Sonic video games, although someone should use that creepy message to really annoy their enemy - on the US version.

Nintendo should have done better with SMB1 really, but it is the first NES title. They had two extra years, they could have at least made the EU one better. The music is slightly fast although that makes the music better in Europe's one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty17/04/14, 07:22 pm

But if you don't play Sonic games how do you know if it's worse, it could be better.

Balladeer on here doesn't like Rayman but did end up playing legends and loving it, I don't like the look of Minecraft but doesn't mean it's bad and wouldn't give it ago maybe at some point.
Back to top Go down
Luigi442wii
Floppy and Salty

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty17/04/14, 07:24 pm

masofdas wrote:
But if you don't play Sonic games how do you know if it's worse, it could be better.

Balladeer on here doesn't like Rayman but did end up playing legends and loving it, I don't like the look of Minecraft but doesn't mean it's bad and wouldn't give it ago maybe at some point.
It's probably OK. Maybe I'll watch some videos on YouTube or Dailymotion at some point.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty17/04/14, 07:24 pm

Luigi442wii wrote:
although someone should use that creepy message to really annoy their enemy - on the US version.

What message?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty17/04/14, 07:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Luigi442wii
Floppy and Salty

PostSubject: The message.   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty17/04/14, 07:29 pm

The SONIC CD one with the Sonic in the background, signed by a developer (sometimes thought that it says 'devil ')

It says Fun is infinite with SEGA enterprises ( or something like that. )
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty21/04/14, 06:53 pm

Looking at those vote scores is incredibly satisfying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty21/04/14, 07:03 pm

I wouldn't say I truly enjoy either but I have fond memories of playing Super Mario Bros, 2-player on the wii virtual console and getting absolutely nowhere.

Never been a fan of Sonic though I have played a few games, Sonic advance was quite fun (GBA) and the Chao garden on battle was way better than the actual main game. As for the early stuff, passable.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty21/04/14, 09:00 pm

Drunkalilly wrote:

But it was always going to be that way on a Nintendo forum, if we were on a SEGA forum it be the other way around.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty22/04/14, 02:21 am

I don't think we are massively biased on here though which has been proved to a degree in the voting threads.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty22/04/14, 10:12 am

And the most biased person on here (probably) hasn't voted!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty24/04/14, 11:45 pm

masofdas wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

But it was always going to be that way on a Nintendo forum, if we were on a SEGA forum it be the other way around.

Or a New Zealand Rugby forum...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Mario or Early Sonic?   Early Mario or Early Sonic? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2