We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. U/3D

Go down 
+27
fronkhead
Zaphod_B
Sentinator
Sylveon
Rum
Cube
Solve My Maze
SquidgyGoat
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
masofdas
Reggie Fils-Aime
nupkin
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Athrun888
shanks
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. U/3D Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 15:26

It's less than a month until E3, there's a lack of recent general-appeal stonking games to discuss, and this forum has been up four whole months with no Smash Bros. speculation thread.  Time to fix that!

It's been announced that SSB4 will be shown in video form at E3, so, in the vein of Dusty's Mario Kart thread, what do people want to see?  New characters are a given, but what about new moves?  New stages?  And more fundamental changes to the gameplay?  Would you like the removal of tripping and Final Smashes, the return of SSBM's "wave-dashing" or the original's "Board the Platforms"?  Or would you settle for less rubbish adventure and online modes?

I'll start the ball rolling with some character speculation: I reckon that Mewtwo will make a return.  Its Awakening Form plays a big part in the upcoming Pokémon games and film, and it appeared in SSBM, so why not?

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 16 Mar 2014 - 10:49; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 15:37

I honestly wouldn't mind if Nintendo gave this series a rest, if they're planning on keeping it like the last three. Brawl and Melee kept me going for ages, but I'd like to see something new from SSB. Never really minded about character rosters, stages or anything like that - though it's nice to be pleasantly surprised with the likes of Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B., it's not the be-all end-all for me.

I just want something a bit different, is all. That said, if it stays the same then fair enough, it should still be all right.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 16:18

I don't think they'll make fundamental changes to the gameplay - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What I would like to see is balancing the roster and gameplay, and maybe stripping it back a little. A tighter experience as opposed to a broader experience. Make the story mode something more than a terrible platforming/Streets of Rage hybrid. Something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 19:49

I want a really a quick, tight, fully-featured online mode. But really, its all about the local multiplayer. I just want it bigger and better!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 20:03

I've tried to think this through, but... I genuinely don't know.

*Tries again*

I liked the exploration aspect of the Starship Emissary, but 1) The actual combat was dire, and 2) None of the places really reminded me of the games/characters they were based on. If something like this is to work, you need to be jumping round well-loved locations. As for the actual meat of that... I dunno - there's a bit of me that thinks that perhaps it should just be about platforming. Like a giant target contest.

As for the multiplayer, I'm not going to pretend to be clever - I want ELEVNTYBILLION CHARACTERS.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 20:35

Subspace Emisary didn't work because the controls aren't designed for a side scroller. If they liked traditional SB battles with those ace cutscenes, we'd be really cooking.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 22:13

The return of Board The Platforms would be nice and, aside from some new characters (Mii, Paper Mario, others), that's all I can think of at the minute. To be honest, I side with Phillips a little - if it's to be more of the same, that wouldn't be overly exciting.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 4:58

I honestly don't care, I'll only get it for the drinking game. Well as long as it isn't like Melee I'll be happy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 7:12

What do you mean by that, Shanks?

Phillips wrote:
I just want something a bit different, is all. That said, if it stays the same then fair enough, it should still be all right.

I agree with both sides of this: I'd like to see something new, but then again I love the core game, and it certainly isn't broke. Lucky there should be two games coming out, eh? Smile I'd like to see the Wii U version providing the more traditional SSB experience, while the 3DS version provides something in a more RPG-ish or adventure-ish vein. It may seem greedy, but I'm a very greedy person. That said, Phillips, how would you like to see the series change?

Also, for a bit of fun, here's the end result of the last SSB thread from the old place: a game where people suggested tit-for-tat changes to Brawl's character roster that they'd like to see, and ended up with this.

Spoiler:

My own detailed opinions up later. For now, I don't think that the SSE is unsaveable, but it needs an overhaul.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 14:29

With the accepted theory being that the 3ds one will let you customise characters for the Wii u one, an animal crossing character could be cool- taking you straight out of your game and into ssb. Hell, imagine if they did that with pokemon trainer and monster Hunter...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 18:15

Still think that the 3DS would work as a character Balla? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 18:19

Yup! Dance Fists coming out of the screen, stylus-enabled swordplay... It'd be great.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 18:20

If this happens, I'll eat my proverbial hat. Razz

I reckon Sonic's inclusion is all but assured with today's Sega deal. In fact, I'd even go as far to say another Sonic series character could make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 19:37

Suspect DAMN YOU! Crying or Very sad

I think this would be a good chance to post my top wants for a new SSB...
Spoiler:
Nothing too imaginative: but then, aside from a Soul Calibur 2-style campaign or an RPG mode, which would probably be better sorted to the 3DS, I can do without drastic changes. Brawl was great, despite its niggling flaws!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 19:38

If any new Sonic characters get in I will place my money on Tails and Knuckles. Besides Sonic himself they're the two most iconic characters. Robotnik might make it in as well if they go truly big on the partnership.

All I want from the game though is for them to bring back the robust scoring system for Classic and Adventure modes from Melee. Classic and All Star got really boring really fast without those. I also hope they make throws good again, in Brawl they weakened throws to the point they weren't even worth using.

Buskalilly wrote:
Subspace Emisary didn't work because the controls aren't designed for a side scroller. If they liked traditional SB battles with those ace cutscenes, we'd be really cooking.

I thought it was more because it was very badly done myself. Adventure mode in Melee was ace and had a fair few side scrolling levels.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 19:49

Balladeer wrote:
no New Pork City. I mean it.

Yeah, haha, totally!

ilikednewporkcityalot
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 20:16

Quote :
I'd like to see the Wii U version providing the more traditional SSB experience, while the 3DS version provides something in a more RPG-ish or adventure-ish vein.

.......with some form of leveling up for your fighter(s) so you can then import them to the wii U version & fight folk online?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 20:21

I am... wary about that. In Mario Tennis Open, it didn't take too much purchasing of equipment before the hand-reared Mii character was so much better than any of the others, it was almost impossible to beat even a mediocre player Mario-on-Mii. I suppose I do want something along those lines, and I would especially welcome the ability to customise characters with treasure from the 3DS game (as suggested by Buska), but Nintendo need to be very wary of balancing things.

Boo to Jay's post and the first part of Athrun's (and it'd more likely be Shadow); yay to the bringing back of the scoring system! Especially the all-but-pointless awards in Mêlée's vs. matches. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 22:47

Shulk has to be in. I've seen the future!

I would like tripping taken out, apart from that, keeping the fighting simple is a staple for the series and long may it continue. Also, Please make Jigglypuff better so I can use Sleep to annoy my friends again.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 23:04

I'd love more characters personally as the best thing about the game is all the characters to play as to me. I think Melee handled campaigns better and would like them more like that but with a bit of a story. The main thing I want is all the characters to be unlocked at the bloody start. I want to just be able to whack it in a friends console and to be able to play all the content I've paid for thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 23:20

It's not a franchise I'm crazy about, so I'm don't have any particular hopes or desires for the Wii U outing. Having said that, I'd like to see a good version of the story mode this time around, and I hope it doesn't rely too heavily on cameo characters. Snake and Sonic were fine, but I don't want too many outsiders working their way in.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 23:31

andyman949 wrote:
I'd love more characters personally as the best thing about the game is all the characters to play as to me. I think Melee handled campaigns better and would like them more like that but with a bit of a story. The main thing I want is all the characters to be unlocked at the bloody start. I want to just be able to whack it in a friends console and to be able to play all the content I've paid for thank you very much.

Agree with the first part - personalised stories for each character with a suitable boss to face at the end eg. Link can face Ganondorf, would be a dream.

The second part, I'm conflicted. On one hand, I totally agree with just wanting to pop it in and fanny about with mates. But on the other hand, part of the thrill to me is unlocking characters - that siren with the silhouette accompanying it is a treat.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 17:08

Like Mario Kart, I don't know where this could go where it hasn't been before, not that it needs a massive overhaul or anything. Balance out the characters so none are viewed as being overpowered, that'd do I think.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

Super Smash Bros. U/3D New-super-mario-bros-u_02-300x300
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 8:25

I'm definitely a fan of unlocking new characters, even though last time all the surprise was ruined by the Dojo website and my lack of willpower. Being able to do it through the SSE or other modes was sensible as well.

But... Nabbit? The Mario series is over-represented as is, but if they had to introduce another fighter I'd want this chap:

Super Smash Bros. U/3D Bowser_Jr

(Or Fawful, but that's wishful thinking.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 11:13

We need Professor E. Gadd, armed with his Poltergust and a personal guard of ghosts.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. U/3D   Super Smash Bros. U/3D Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. U/3D
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next