We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 09:14

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread Update-nintendo-smash-box

Featuring:
  • More characters than you can shake Palutena's wand at, including Mega Man, Pac-Man, Miis, and The Villager. Pale 
  • Stages including the Reset Bomb Forest, the Spirit Tracks train, Gerudo Valley, and several others.
  • Smash Run, a multiplayer SubSpace Emissary in which Marth can deck a Chandelure.
  • Online multiplayer, customisable movesets, and (eventually) amiibo support.

Anything up to and including the announcement of Robin, Captain Falcon and Lucina is fair game.   Any information revealed after that, but before the game's release (on the 3rd October), should stay in the general current-gen. SSB thread. Now moot. Just put info. on anything not available from the sart in spoilers, please.

It may be too early to set this up: if so, I'm happy for this to remain in stasis for the two months until the portable Smash game hits our (dual) screens.  Is anyone not buying this?  Maybe in favour of just getting the Wii U version?

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 09:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 09:20

I might actually end up in the rare situation of having this but not the Wii U version! I'm excited for this though - interested to find out how it plays on the 3DS controlwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 10:00

I still fear that this is going to be the poor relation of SSB for Wii U. I don't have it pre-ordered and I'm not certain that I will. Might seek out a bargain on launch, but it's definitely the Wii U version I'm looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 15:56

Like Cappa, I'm going to be exercising caution on this one. I'm not that big a fan of the Smasn Bros. series to begin with and it will probably have a different kind of quality to the Wii U version. There's also the matter of the Hoenn remakes soon after... pennies might be saved.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 21:40

I have got preordered but not overly convinced about it.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 21:45

October 3rd is my birthday and I don't own a Wii U so bring on SSB3D!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 22:04

I'll definitely be picking this up, but for me the Wii U release is the "real" release. I'll just use this to familiar myself with the characters and the moves before the home console release, so my friends who are better at smash bros don't embarrassingly destroy me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 22:07

Like Rummy, I don't own a Wii U so I'm just thankful I'll be getting to experience Smash this generation really.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 00:21

My main worry is how this will control, I c-stick quite a bit in smash & and as the 3ds lacks a natural second stick this won't be possible so I will be hoping for any sort of demo whether that's on e shop or in a game shop so I can try before buying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 09:44

More negativity than I expected!  I'm just excited to be having a set of different stages to Smash on, not to mention being able to play on the bus (until the battery dies).  And I'm sure they'll have lots of weird and wonderful modes that don't make it into the Wii U version.

I do C-stick quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 09:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 09:49

Yeah I'm a bit excited with a portable smash
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 10:38

I rarely touch the C-Stick so I'm honestly not bothered about the omission of a second stick.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 11:39

C stick is an odd one for me, I just smash if I want to do a smash move. I like to charge them. Definitely picking this up, keep getting tempted to play brawl as it is but I want it to be fresh. Plus I can then be kick ass by the time the real version hits.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 11:52

My attempts to remain unspoiled are currently being stymied by Nintendo Life's insistence on putting every day's Miiverse post up on its front page. Sulk
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 18:26

JayMoyles wrote:
I rarely touch the C-Stick so I'm honestly not bothered about the omission of a second stick.

andyman949 wrote:
C stick is an odd one for me, I just smash if I want to do a smash move. I like to charge them. Definitely picking this up, keep getting tempted to play brawl as it is but I want it to be fresh. Plus I can then be kick ass by the time the real version hits.

I'm honestly not a big handheld gamer, last time my 3ds got any decent play time was when ALBW was out so its not really just the c-stick issue not to mention fighting games don't typically work that well on portable systems.

I want it to be great but I can't buy it based on previous smash bros experience alone so I have to try it or find a review (when they start to appear) that I know I can trust.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 10:56

Looks pretty
Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread Smash+bros
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 17:23

Love the artwork there. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 20:35

That 3DS looks......  Love 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 23:26

Aye nice design but shame its an XL  Razz Balladeer 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 00:09

What's wrong with the XL?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 01:36

Bleh, looks like Nintendo made too many red 3DS XLs and had to use them all up. The best XL limited editions are the ones that don't take a standard XL variant and plaster random artwork on top.

This is one of the worst offenders, the US Dream Team XL:

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread Gk2qf4l5sH

Luckily the EU/JP one was good though:

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread Bu7BQY0CIAAza4p

JayMoyles wrote:
What's wrong with the XL?

The speakers are much worse, though generally speaking it's an austere version of the 3DS which saw Nintendo cut their costs. The screen's objectively better (though personally I prefer the 3.5" screens of the original) but the build quality is noticeably cheaper and less premium feeling. I haven't upgraded yet because of that -- it just isn't an essential upgrade to me like the DS Lite and DSi were. And don't get me started on the 2DS, though its cuts won't matter to its intended audience so I won't.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 02:44

Jesus, that US Dream Team XL is lazy.

Cheers for the info - having not owned a regular 3DS and considering the price I paid for my XL, I'm happy with mine.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:36

I hated the original 3DS, I found it really uncomfortable to hold and the larger screen on the XL is an absolute must for me.

As for the M&L 3DS is it just me that thinks the EU one looks horrible?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:58

All XLs look horrible, and this is from an XL owner. An XL owner who wishes he hadn't upgraded.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 12:29

I love my XL for same reasons as Andy and even if it feels cheaply made, I've dropped mine a few times & it's fine. On the 2DS though there actually really nice to use though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next