We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Advertising

Go down 
+2
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
6 posters

What to do with game adverts?
Let them be
Game Advertising Vote_lcap0%Game Advertising Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Move them into a special thread
Game Advertising Vote_lcap33%Game Advertising Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Delete them, ban the user
Game Advertising Vote_lcap67%Game Advertising Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 8:44

A question for the community.

I woke up to find that some developer had posted a link to their Kickstarter page in a new thread. The post was obviously a default one used in several different fora (apart from anything else, it was in English and Russian). I did what I do in the case of any spam: delete the thread, delete the user, and move on. I also reinstated the "no links for a week after creating an account", this being the third spammer this week.

But we are a games website, and there is perhaps something to be said for letting aspiring developers advertise their games for free. Did I do the right thing? Should we instead have a thread for moving game adverts into, possibly in the PC forum? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 9:38

Personally spam is spam, if they're just here to post about there thing, then naff off then I think they deserve to be deleted. Keep up the good work (I've not seen any of them!)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 12:34

I can see both sides of the argument here, but I agree with andyman's point. If people want to advertise Kickstarter bids that's fine, but they should at least make a bit of effort by interacting with the rest of the forum. Just making an advert and then sodding off is spam.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 13:49

Yeah, I think there's a difference between one of us regulars posting our Kickstarter (or any other commercial endeavour we may be involved with) and some random coming from nowhere. Bin.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 19:13

I replied to him in his mothertongue (via Google translate), did he reply? The thread was deleted before I could check.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 8:29

Sadly not: he was probably as confused as I was at you posting what translates as "My dear chap." I've only just got what you were trying to say! Laughing

("o" is usually used to create a vocative, and you then put the male form of "dear" which assumes a noun. Finally, my Russian A-level pays off!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 11:41

Ah. Well, at least he thought I was being polite!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 17:43

Kick 'em to the digital kerb, sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Advertising   Game Advertising Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Advertising
Page 1 of 1