We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Xelviar
Reggie Fils-Aime
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
Jimbob
Athrun888
fronkhead
ZeroJones
masofdas
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Buskalilly
Gwyn400
Silver light
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread Empty
PostSubject: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 19:52

We've got a thread about how Nintendo isn't attending E3.  This is a thread about how Nintendo is attending E3!  And holding a fairly big Nintendo Direct as well.  I hear that some other companies nobody cares about may be attending E3 as well, so I suppose that people can talk about their inevitably disappointing press conferences too, if they want.

Less than two weeks now until the fun kicks off: talk about what you think we'll see, or about what you want to see!  I'll kick off with my somewhat fantastical fantasies, spoilered below and Wii U unless I say otherwise:
Spoiler:

Here's the schedule of Nintendo conferences: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578852&highlight=e3+schedule
Here are some of the others: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410902/features/e3-2013-your-essential-calendar/

And here's a list of the things that are confirmed or semi-confirmed for the Nintendo Direct:
Spoiler:
Link to Nintendo's E3 site: http://www.e3.nintendo.com/

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 18:20; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 20:25

Ruud Gullit's Shexy Shexy Football: Stick Your FIFA Up Your Arse (developed and published by Nintendo)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 21:12

*"My Body Is Ready" trending on Twitter for three straight days
*"Nintendo Is Doomed" to do the same for four.
*GIFs. Lots and lots of GIFs.
*A hundred new Nintendo IPs which everyone will ignore in favour of whinging about "Another Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Pokémon change the record"
*A "hilarious" and "satirical" internet picture which puts six random FPS screenshots together as if to point out a lack of imagination in games, forgetting the other million non-FPS games in attendance
*Nintendo not actually managing to fill all 90 of those minutes the Pokémon conference is meant to be on for
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 21:22

Actually not very hyped for E3 this year at all, which is kinda weird but...such is such. What i'm wishing hoping for at least is this;

• Nintendo - New Fire Emblem, F-Zero or Golden Sun. Or even better, all three. GBA VC for 3DS and GC VC for Wii U wouldn't be amiss either.
  • Other stuff - For Aksys's two announcements to be Fate/Extra CCC and Demon Gaze. Sony to confirm they're not going to be fools wth the PS4, maybe actually give the Vita some actual support for once. Maybe also announce plans to sort out SCEE too. Oh, and MS to admit the XBO is a silly idea.

Of course, i expect the chances of any one of these things actually happening to be about 0% Neutral
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 7:14

Did someone say gifs?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
And a good XBox One... one.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 9:57

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 to be revealed as a Wii U Exclusive. I personally don't care what console it's on but imagine how pissed off the fanboys will be, that will give me months of entertainment on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 10:29

I just want Balla to keep the gifs coming. I could look at that shit all day
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 13:31

Gwyn400 wrote:
I want Kingdom Hearts 3 to be revealed as a Wii U Exclusive. I personally don't care what console it's on

...come again?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 13:34

Gwyn is presumably one of these oligarch heir types one hears about now and then, who'll be buying a PS4 and an X1 on top of his Wii U, Vita, and 3DS. And they're all made of solid gold.

He'll regret it when the Russian government hack his Kinect 2.0 and use it to spy on his parents' dodgy oil deals.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 17:38

I don't quite understand what either of you are talking about, am I missing something? Eh?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 18:44

You've basically just said 'I want this game on this console. I don't care what console this game is on'. Strange one, is all.
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 18:47

Phillips wrote:
Ruud Gullit's Shexy Shexy Football: Stick Your FIFA Up Your Arse (developed and published by Nintendo)

If we could like posts, I'd like this a million times over.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 18:55

Gwyn400 wrote:
I don't quite understand what either of you are talking about, am I missing something? Eh?
Phillips wrote:
You've basically just said 'I want this game on this console. I don't care what console this game is on'. Strange one, is all.
And thus either you won't be buying the game anyway or you're getting ALL the consoles; and even in the latter case, surely you'd either prefer more power, touch-screen compatibility, or... I dunno, a creepy Orwellian eye watching your every move?
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 19:18

Balladeer wrote:
Gwyn400 wrote:
Phillips wrote:
And thus either you won't be buying the game anyway or you're getting ALL the consoles; and even in the latter case, surely you'd either prefer more power, touch-screen compatibility, or... I dunno, a creepy Orwellian eye watching your every move?

That was only half of my post though Laughing I don't mind what console it's on because I'll play it on any but I'd prefer it to be on WiiU because it would annoy the Kingdom Hearts fanboys if it's not on a Sony console

Anyway, on topic: I'm pretty sure they are going to change Final Fantasy Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV and it'll be a PS4 exclusive
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 19:44

In which case, my point about your family having too much money stands. Tongue Anyway:
Buskalilly wrote:
I just want Balla to keep the gifs coming. I could look at that shit all day
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 22:46

Reggie should of used forum breaker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 4:01

A lovely 2d Metroid for wii U with stunning HD visuals, PES 2014 to be announced for wii U, a new Nintendo IP just to shut up the whiners that say "it's just more Mario/Metroid/Zelda"

Oh & it'd be great to have GTA V as well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 9:03

The_Jaster wrote:
A lovely 2d Metroid for wii U with stunning HD visuals, PES 2014 to be announced for wii U, a new Nintendo IP just to shut up the whiners that say "it's just more Mario/Metroid/Zelda"

Oh & it'd be great to have GTA V as well.

Probably the most realistic suggestions that this thread has had, and I'd be up for all of those. I'll keep saying it until it's announced, but for Konami and without FIFA on the console this is an open goal (pun intended).

Other than those, what I'd like most is the Castle of Illusion remake on eShop, a firm release date for Yarn Yoshi and a new Starfox in the style of the SNES original and/or N64 sequel.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 10:29

Can't wait for this year's e3, as last year was kinda dreadful.

And with nintendo hopefully showing us wind waker hd, new zelda, mario kart, universe and paper, pokemon Z (wiiu version of x&y), retros new game which is a new ip, kid icarus 2 on wiiu, bayonetta 2, so many more I want especially from sega that nintendo might publish.

plus Sony and Microsoft showing us the two consoles properly. It can only be good news for gamers.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 10:46

I'd like to find out a bit more about Bayonetta 2. That aside, I've learned to have no expectations of E3 over recent years - they're always disappointed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 11:13

agree but I think nintendo have to bring it this year especially with the other two launching. I think they did to announce some big game's for Q4, have a price cut and play on that, that there the cheapest and you can't get gaming experiences like theresy anywhere else. only thing is I bought my wiiu day one so would be kinda pissed with a price cut but if they did something with the 3DS would be great maybe announce gamecube VC with 10 games day one and if you all ready have a wiiu you can have 2 free to say thanks for supporting us.

Also I would like starfox adventures 2 *runs away*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 11:17

ZeroJones wrote:
That aside, I've learned to have no expectations of E3 over recent years - they're always disappointed.
I am surprisingly hyped for this. Whether it's because of the announcements we're expecting, or because Nintendo will need to pull their thumbs out to take on the next-gen. behemoths of power, I can't say: but I'm excited! Grin

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread E3-hype-train-e1338485494554
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 11:47

ZeroJones wrote:
I'd like to find out a bit more about Bayonetta 2. That aside, I've learned to have no expectations of E3 over recent years - they're always disappointed.

My own opinion, of course, but I find that a wee bit harsh. I doubt there'll ever be a better games presentation than Nintendo's at E3 2010 (3DS unveil, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Goldeneye 007, DKCR, gameplay demonstrations of Skyward Sword, Other M, Epic Mickey...loads of other stuff). 2011 was quite good too (Wii U unveil, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7, SM3DL, unveiling of Lego City Undercover). 2012 was a bitter disappointment comparatively though (Pikmin 3, the unusual Nintendo Land...erm...Batman...).

2013's presentation guarantees a new Mario, Smash Bros and Mario Kart. The issue might be that Nintendo are in the uncommon position of highlighting 'surprises' that everyone's already heard about, whereas both Sony and Microsoft have the promise of being able to show something new, something different. There's room for disappointment on June 11th.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 12:16

I always get super hyped for E3. Sure, its often disappointing, but every now and then we get a good'n. Nintendo are already promising big things this year, and I'm sure they'll surprise us as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 9:40

Maybe it was harsh but I always go in secretly wanting to hear about a new on-rails Star Fox and a new 2D Metroid and - Metroid: Other M not included - I'm always disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next