We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread Empty
PostSubject: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 8 Sep 2014 - 22:17

Because so much of Mas' general news thread is him reporting on multiformat stuff, there's a risk of these flying under the radar if I talk about them there.  Besides, who's to say they don't deserve a thread of their own?  So, a thread for linking to, talking about, and hyping up Nintendo Directs and Treehouse streams, and other things that Ninty may show us via the web that don't quite deserve their own threads.

As mentioned in the aforementioned news thread, Nintendo have just announced the following.  As a person on a Smash blackout until the 3rd, I don't know whether to watch it or not.  Dilemma. Aww!

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread BxBqF1tIMAAa0EP
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 4:30

You could watch me play it instead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 8:25

Always actually thought there should be a Direct thread to talk about anything that comes out of it but then we just end up talking about the games in there on thread.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 12:19

I honestly already thought that there was a direct thread and it always confused me when I couldn't find it.
I'm working 6-10 tomorrow evening but I'll probably pop this on when I can.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 13:25

Well, it does say it's upcoming wii U/3ds games first then smash bros so maybe it will be ok to watch the first half of it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 13:30

Think that's what I might go for. Duck quickly out when that flaming cross logo and the metallic sound effect happen.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 19:48

On that very day I'll be collecting in a huge number of tests that have to be marked over the weekend. Drama queen I might see if I can catch some of it, though - the new and upcoming games bit interests me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 9:21

ZeroJones wrote:
On that very day I'll be collecting in a huge number of tests that have to be marked over the weekend. Drama queen I might see if I can catch some of it, though - the new and upcoming games bit interests me.

The description just says "upcoming games" so I wouldn't expect any new announcements. (if that's what you meant by new)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 13:11

Start time revealed: 1800 for us UK-ers.

There's also a Smash 3D-specific broadcast on a Japanese site which none of us are registered with. Guess we'll have to wait for Nintendo Life to report it. And by "we" I mean "you".
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 16:27

Who?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 18:01

Rumors going around the net that the smash wiiu date will be announced during the stream.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 6:57

The_Jaster wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

The description just says "upcoming games" so I wouldn't expect any new announcements. (if that's what you meant by new)  

Did I mean that when I put 'new'? I genuinely don't remember. Shocked :oldman:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 8:59

Looking at this tweet, it doesn't look like there'll be any big new showings, which is a shame. Sad Still, at least they've told us that in advance, rather than letting us get our hopes up (which I would have done otherwise).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptySun 14 Sep 2014 - 23:14

Was anything decent shown, the only thing anyone seems to be reporting on it SMASH Demo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014 - 19:20

I forgot to give my views on (the first half of) this. I... didn't enjoy it much. Meh I found the Bayo 2 section dull, and while the Fantasy Life section looked substantially better, it sounded like the saccharine squeaky valley-girl voice of Audrey Drake. I can't so much as remember the other non-Smash games.

I think that my view on Treehouse is that's it's good for showing off games the first time, especially for Nintendo's gameplay-heavy not-at-their-best-in-a-cinematic-trailer offerings. But after that, the little additions shown bore me in all but the most exciting of games. Unless there's been a quantum leap in how the game looks/plays, a second showing is background noise at best.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 3:07

Aye I'd definitely agree with you there, however it is great marketing for those games especially if anyone had missed the other streams or were only tuning in for smash bros.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 14:04

Smasu U Direct on the 23rd, 11pm. (Would have put it in the Smash U thread, but it would be my second double post in said thread.) Will feature "50 must-see things", apparently.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:50

Pleased as more info always good but would like to see a direct now with stuff coimg in 2015 as not been much E3 which was about 4-5 month's ago.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:29

I'm really unsure about watching this as I do like going into games as fresh as possible but it could be really tough to avoid the chatter about it on social media etc & how much new content can the wii U version have?

Hmmm....what to do.. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:01

I'm gonna watch it. For me, smash isn't a game that can be spoiled; the stories and hi jinks that'll emerge when I play it with the lads can't be spoiled and I want as much hype as possible shop the release can live up to brawl coming out back in the day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:29

I do see what ye mean I've just got a massive hatred for spoilers of any kind Laughing I just miss the days where you'd freak out when you unlocked something in a game & now it's just "oh there's that thing I seen in a trailer/read online"
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 21:53

I'm up for that. I can't believe I've managed to avoid so much 3DS coverage, and, given the "it's cool, I guess..." nature of the 3DS launch, this needs to be awesome. Or
General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread Everythingisruined
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 22:49

I read that webcomic! (Although I'm sure you just searched "everything is ruined forever", and that's the first picture that popped up.)

Jas, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you, only I completely failed to remain unspoilt for SSB3DS. I don't hold any hope of being any better off with SSBU. I did manage to do a decent job with Pokémon XY, but with Nintendo Life publishing almost every minor detail about the Smash games on their front page, and me being unable to stay away... It's not going to happen, so I may as well revel in the hype-building.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 4 Nov 2014 - 13:04

Hooray General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread B1mVvzJCEAE9I0j
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread EmptyTue 4 Nov 2014 - 13:16

Out of nowhere, as usual. Any idea what it's about? NL and CVG haven't caught up yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next