We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic

Go down 
+7
neil
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
masofdas
Rum
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyFri 21 May 2021 - 23:01

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Event timings provided by Pengilly Productions.

neil wrote:
Where’s the E3 chat? It’s not far off! What are people’s predictions, hopes, and expectations? Should there be a thread?

There is now a thread!

The reason there hasn't been one until now... well, there are a few, at least from my perspective.  Firstly, this is a Nintendo-focussed forum, and Nintendo haven't announced their timings yet.  Secondly, general E3 feels like it's diminishing in importance, with Nintendo opting for a Direct-centric approach, Sony dropping out of this year altogether (this thread can probably double up as the Summer Games Fest thread if people fancy it), and the ESA generally being quite awful and doxxing games journalists.  Thirdly, I'm finding it hard to get too excited for a big Nintendo Direct this year after last year's (COVID-fuelled and completely understandable) disappointment after disappointment.  I got myself hyped up too often last year to no avail.  2021's older wiser Balla can't muster much enthusiasm at all.

That said, if I go with my head not my heart, I think this will be a big one for Nintendo.  I'm fully expecting some details on BotW2, even if it doesn't release until next year; and a couple of big-to-medium-sized releases.  They've got to have a big old Christmas game this time around, surely?  I'm not sure what that'll be: there are rumours of something that I won't post here in case people think even that's a leak, which is exciting but seems unlikely to me.  Finally, I do think this is where Nintendo announce a new Switch model, but given global chip shortages I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't see the light of day until 2022.

As for hopes: Paper Mario HD Collection (featuring the original TTYD, and SPM), Ace Attorney 7, and Rhythm Paradise: Switch the Beat.  Gee, I wonder why I'm always being disappointed!

That's my hot takes.  What about y'all?

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 26 May 2021 - 20:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptySat 22 May 2021 - 11:25

You know, the biggest thing I'd like to see from them is a redesigned eShop, with an improved UI, less stuttering, and themes - basically something a bit more like the 3DS offering. But we won't get that.

I'd love big Ninty names, as most of us would...

• A sexy new F-Zero
  • More on Metroid Prime 4
  • A 2D Metroid on Switch
  • More on Breath of the Wild 2
  • More on the Arceus Legends game, whatever that was called
  • Pikmin 4
  • More on Bayonetta 3
  • Mario Kart 9
  • Rhythm Heaven Switch
  • A new 2D Castlevania
  • A new Golden Sun
  • A new Wario Land
  • A new Donkey Kong
  • A new Elite Beat Agents
  • A new Hotel Dusk or Another Code
  • More on Hollow Knight: Silksong (though I know there was an announcement about this not happening)
  • A Murder By Numbers sequel
  • An Astral Chain sequel
  • A Mother trilogy pack
  • More on No More Heroes 3
  • A Zack and Wiki sequel
  • A new Okami game - or remaster of Okamiden

And if I don't get everything on the list I'm going to fucking lose my fucking shit.

I think getting more info on the already released stuff is a reasonable ask - and then maybe one big new game announcement. Probably a few nice indie surprises and maybe a left-field "they're bringing that back?" announcement or two.

Plus I agree on the new Switch thing - I just have no idea how they'll go about it. Knowing Nintendo, they will probably announce it in a somewhat obtuse way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptySat 22 May 2021 - 15:46

You beat me to it again Balla.

I don't know what this year's E3 will be like being all digital, for us has always basically been like that anyway as doubt any of us going LA to sit & watch someone on stage.

We have the three hosts and a bunch of announced partners, sure Xbox & Nintendo are going to have showcases but likes of Capcom I doubt are having a show so is that a segment with Jacki Jing interviewing someone playing Monster Hunter Stories 2?  Who knows, that I personally want to wait for the schedule and go ohh cool Xbox & Bethesda Sunday, Capcom interview Monday, Square are having a show nice but till then could be no shows or might be 20.

Mix in Devolver who's not at E3 but have an event and on June 10th is Summer Game Fest Showcase which PlayStation is listed as a partner (Likely a look at Ratchet) for instance that a lot around the time of E3 again which I do like, though.

Anyway, will make a few predictions for now whom I think will have shows:
Nintendo: Fire Emblem game for this year
Xbox: Psychonauts 2 it's out now
Bethesda: Starfield coming this year
Ubisoft: Splinter Cell, please Ubisoft
Square Enix: Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 is shown

Guess SEGA could show Sonic as they're down as a partner
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptySat 22 May 2021 - 16:05

Rum wrote:

[*]A 2D Metroid on Switch
[*]More on Bayonetta 3
[*]A new Donkey Kong
[*]A new Hotel Dusk or Another Code

[*]

Regarding these, I could see Ninty sprucing up the 3DS Metroid and putting that out to test the waters. Given how long it's been since Metroid Prime 3, they need to do a really tasty remaster of the Trilogy before Prime 4 but it may be too early to drop that. Bayonetta 3 HAS to be arriving this year - Bayonetta 2 was 2014 and this game was first announced December 2017. Hopefully interest isn't waning.

Donkey Kong's 40th birthday is 9th July so there must be something ready. I really hope it's not another Country game - it's time to let the big guy do something different!

A new Cing game would be incredible - but more likely a double-pack of Hotel Dusk/Last Window, or Another Code/Another Code R.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptySun 23 May 2021 - 16:22

I'd love a new Cing game, but after they went bust and the episodic attempt from the same lot presumably flopped (because it wasn't very good) I can't see it happening, ever. Also apparently Shigsy doesn't like that sort of game. If you want more Cing games, get your wallet out, fork over fifty big ones for Famicom Detective Club, and prove him wrong!

I would lose my mind if they announced a new Okami, or even Okamiden for Switch. It's a top game hamstrung by the machine that deserves a second outing. On which topic, remake Ever Oasis HD for Switch you cowards!

Rumoured project relevant to posts above:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptySun 23 May 2021 - 21:28

I'm interested see what SEGA announce. It's no guarantee that they'll have big news, but they probably should - June 2021 is Sonic The Hedgehog's 30th anniversary. 

From a Nintendo Direct, I've learned to just take it as it comes, and to not have any great expectations. I know that's dull, but this, after all, is the company that can give you Bayonetta 2 and then give you Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash.

That said, I'd like to see some news about Switch Pro, and I'd like them not to spend 40 minutes talking about JRPGs that you're either sold on in the first twenty seconds or you aren't.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyMon 24 May 2021 - 9:40

My reaction to E3 has been a big shrug for quite a few years now to the point that this year I forgot it even existed.

I have no expectations, but I will watch Nintendo's thing and probably see a few things I like. I've actually been pretty happy with most of the Nintendo Directs, but also I fucking love:

• Pokémon
  • Monster Hunter
  • Replaying old Mario games
  • Warriors games
  • Indie stuff
  • Not having too many games to play

So it's been pretty laser target at me.
Quote :
Bayonetta 3 HAS to be arriving this year - Bayonetta 2 was 2014 and this game was first announced December 2017. Hopefully interest isn't waning.
I think the gap between 1 and 2 was still longer than that, and it was received well. I'm very keen for 3 though, so I certainly wouldn't complain.

New Metroid stuff or a 3D Donkey Kong or whatever; obviously I'd like it, but I'm not getting hyped. That way madness lies.

I would appreciate a little more acknowledgement of Zelda's 35th.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyTue 25 May 2021 - 23:17

Buskalilly wrote:
...also I fucking love:
  • Not having too many games to play

Here it is: the Buska recognition that recent Directs have actually been bobbins!

You'd think we'd have to see more for the 35th, but I reckon that might just be a BotW2 trailer and name. They will definitely feature too much of at least three JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 10:41

I will update when we know when Nintendo, Xbox, Square are taking places along with any others

Thursday May 27th
Dragon Quest 35th 4.30am
House of Ashes Gameplay 5pm
Sonic Central 5pm
Dying Light 2 Event 8pm
Horizon Forbidden West State of Play 10pm

Friday May 28th
Far Cry 6 Gameplay 5.30pm

Thursday June 3rd
Warhammer Skull 6pm

Saturday June 5th
INDIE Live Expo 10am
Guerrilla Collective Part 1 4pm

Tuesday June 8th
Playdate Update 5pm

Wednesday June 9th
Battlefield 3pm

Thursday June 10th
Summer Game Fest Showcase 7pm

Friday June 11th
Netflix Gaming 5pm
Tribeca 7pm
Koch Media 8pm
IGN Expo 9pm

Saturday June 12th
Guerrilla Collective Part 2 4pm
Wholesome Direct 6pm
E3 Pre-Show 6pm
Ubisoft Pre-Show 7pm
Ubisoft Forward 8pm
Devolver 9.30pm
Gearbox 10pm
GamesBeat 10.45pm
UploadVR 11pm

Sunday June 13th
E3 Pre-Show 4.45pm
24 Entertainment 5.30pm
Xbox & Bethesda Showcase 6pm
Square Enix Presents 8.15pm
Back 4 Blood Showcase 10pm
PC Gaming Show 10.30pm

Monday June 14th
Future Gaming Show 12am
Halo Multiplayer 4pm
E3 Pre-Show 4pm
Verzion 5pm
Intellivision 5.45pm
Take Two 6.15pm
Mythic Games 7.10pm
Indie Showcase 8pm
Freedom Games 8.30pm
Limited Run 9pm
VENN 9pm
Capcom 10.30pm
Razer 11pm

Tuesday June 15th
E3 Pre-Show 4pm
Nintendo Direct 5pm
Nintendo Treehouse 5.45pm
Bandai Namco 10.25pm
Yooreka 11.30pm
GameSpot Showcase 11.35pm

Wednesday June 16th
E3 Awards Show 12.45am

Thursday June 17th
Madden NFL 22 3pm
Xbox Games Showcase: Extended 6pm

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 18:32; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 13:13

Balladeer wrote:

Here it is: the Buska recognition that recent Directs have actually been bobbins!

Not only do I think they've been fine, even if I didn't you would never hear me use the word "bobbins" to express it, I assure you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 20:44

I know, language's a bit too fruity for your delicate vocabulary. Don't worry pal, my foul mouth has you covered. Thumbs Up!

Good work Mas. I'm going to stick a link to that timings post in the OP if that's okay!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 26 May 2021 - 20:54

No probs, as more to come as I reckon over 20 events between tomorrow and June 15th easily.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 9:26

Balladeer wrote:
There is now a thread!

YES!

This is my first time in this news forum, I didn't know it was here.

With this news out recently:

Bloomberg wrote:
Nintendo Co. plans to begin assembly of its new Switch as soon as July and release the upgraded replacement for its four-year-old game console in September or October, people familiar with the matter said.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-27/nintendo-plans-upgraded-switch-replacement-as-soon-as-september

...My hope is we get a Pro reveal at E3 (or before) and we see some games for it during the show.

Seeing the Dragon Quest announcements from last night without any platforms mentioned, I wonder if they had to hold back because Switch Pro is one of those platforms??

Anyway, all I really want from E3 is Breath of the Wild 2, and if I was being greedy I'd hope to see an exciting new IP (remembering how cool the Splatoon reveal was).

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 11:21

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic 5b4p5v10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 12:38

Lots of Dragon Quest stuff this morning, got to a watch though.

Genshin Impact devs sorta teased a Pro as well to add more fuel.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 13:04

masofdas wrote:
Genshin Impact devs sorta teased a Pro as well to add more fuel.

What did they say?

Edit - nvm I saw it https://www.techradar.com/news/genshin-impact-switch-release-delayed-by-weaker-hardware
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 17:17

neil wrote:
Seeing the Dragon Quest announcements from last night without any platforms mentioned, I wonder if they had to hold back because Switch Pro is one of those platforms??

Ooh, maybe. For Dragon Quest XII at least, depending on how souped up it is - though DQXI ran totally fine on Switch.

Dragon Quest 3 2D HD looks pretty lush - I hope they remake more old NES and SNES games in the Octopath style. I'd be much more likely to dip into those old RPGs if they get that treatment!
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 17:24

Probably wrong thread, but I just watched the "Sonic Stream" and it was abominable. What's the deal with Sonic, why is the handling of it so weird? There was a Colors remake that looked ok, and a teaser for a 2022 game (coming to Switch) whose title was in an alien language, and everything else was just worthless.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 17:37

Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger in the 2D-HD engine please

Watched DQ stuff, not much really unless you like logos but be interesting what XII is on like will it target PS5 or larger audience in PS4/Switch? X Offline be neat to get though.

Sonic was fine, mainly as I've not played Colors and cool knowing new Sonic next year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 19:13

A couple of big new games announced without anything to show then.  At least when it happened with Metroid Prime 4 we didn't know whether it would ever happen.  Did anyone think a new Sonic or Dragon Quest was not a given?  Anyway, looking forward to seeing exactly how they manage to stuff up DQXII making it more 'mature', but not much else from those two.

neil wrote:
This is my first time in this news forum, I didn't know it was here.

You've got to venture further afield Neil!  There's plenty of Nintendo chat in General Gaming as well (including, but not limited to, what Nintendo should do with F-Zero next Shifty ).

Buskalilly wrote:
meme.jpg

I laughed out loud.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 15:59

Here we go! 15th June at 5pm!

I have no idea how to embed a tweet!

Nintendo wrote:
On 15/06, Nintendo will host its all-virtual #E32021 activity. Tune in at 17:00 (UK time) for a #NintendoDirect presentation, featuring roughly 40 minutes of information exclusively on #NintendoSwitch software, mostly releasing in 2021.

Nintendo wrote:
Immediately after the #NintendoDirect, continue watching for roughly 3 hours of deep dives on gameplay for a handful of #NintendoSwitch games in Nintendo Treehouse: Live.

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I presume Neil doesn't mind a sneaky edit... ¬_¬)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 16:28

Best till last, or will Square be later on the Tuesday???
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 16:51

masofdas wrote:
Best till last, or will Square be later on the Tuesday???

I don't know if Square announced yet.

N will be showing games mostly releasing 2021. Hope they've got some good surprises for this year!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 17:11

Square hasn't times yet, and they could still be on last to drop all the Final Fantasy goodness.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 20:44

neil wrote:
I have no idea how to embed a tweet!

I don't know if we actually can, which feels like an oversight. Eh? EDIT: Wrong!

Anyway: yes!  I've blocked off the slot in my work diary, and am Here For It and 3 hours of Treehouse afterwards.  40 minutes seemed awfully slim to me, especially as they'll spend half of it laboriously explaining a single JRPG; but it's been pointed out to me that that's the normal length.

Also: software only.  I know the currently going rumour is that Ultra Lord Switch Pro will show up prior to the Direct: well, it's now that or never.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next