We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic

Go down 
+7
neil
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
masofdas
Rum
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
neil
Wii U Port
neil

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:12

Does anyone think Switch Pro will get mentioned? I don't, but 40 mins is a looong time for the Direct format of trailer after trailer. Unless we're gonna have a Sakurai-style deep dive into something.

I'm pretty hyped for the Direct anyway! I don't really have any specific expectations, one or two good looking new games will be enough for me to come away happy. I'll still probably be complaining about something afterwards.

Would be super happy with any of these:
- New 3D Mario
- BotW2
- Some new racing game
- Some ambitious new IP
- Something else nice related to the Zelda anniversary
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:58

masofdas wrote:
Xbox actually had event before E3 and they're expanding cloud plans that soon basically be able to play Xbox anywhere with Internet and a screen, just your Internet needs to be up to it.

That's interesting - I recently gave PS Now a whirl and it worked pretty well provided I had nothing else downloading or what have you, so that could be a way to play some Xbox exclusives I suppose!

I think we'll get a separate showcase for the Switch Pro. I hope the Direct is just about the games, personally!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 13:02

I forgot Metroid and Bayo 3. Be nice to see them.

If Bayo doesn't show then people are going to start calling it vapourware. If Metroid doesn't show then there'll be a lot of questions about Retro Studios and what they've been up to all these years.

Despite that, it's tough to call whether we'll see these games tomorrow. I wouldn't bet on them appearing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 13:27

neil wrote:

Does anyone think Switch Pro will get mentioned? I don't, but 40 mins is a looong time for the Direct format of trailer after trailer.

Apart from last year where it was a mini partner showcase (for the obvious reason) the E3 directs have always been about 40 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 13:42

The_Jaster wrote:

Apart from last year where it was a mini partner showcase (for the obvious reason) the E3 directs have always been about 40 minutes long.

Ha, really? I have a very short memory for this stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 13:56

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Xbox actually had event before E3 and they're expanding cloud plans that soon basically be able to play Xbox anywhere with Internet and a screen, just your Internet needs to be up to it.

That's interesting - I recently gave PS Now a whirl and it worked pretty well provided I had nothing else downloading or what have you, so that could be a way to play some Xbox exclusives I suppose!

I think we'll get a separate showcase for the Switch Pro. I hope the Direct is just about the games, personally!

Saying to Balla yesterday in TOH discord that's the Xbox strategy now and why the new Xboxes called Series, its all about the service. Just where and how you want to play them, super fancy PC, cheap but native Series S, then Cloud is another option.

For me it's the value of Game Pass especially both PlayStation & Xbox at the moment basically got the same games, so it's like why pay £40 avg for a game when it's in a £10 sub.

Knowing will always have to buy Nintendo games.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:25

The_Jaster wrote:
neil wrote:

Does anyone think Switch Pro will get mentioned? I don't, but 40 mins is a looong time for the Direct format of trailer after trailer.

Yeah but sometimes 25 of those minutes are Smash Bros Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:52

Balladeer wrote:
 However sexual assault (combined with all the other usual triple-A bollocks) is something Ubi needs to make real obvious progress on before anyone should move on from it, and the first step there is almost certainly getting rid of the man under whose leadership it all happened.
They just need to do anything.

People give it wormy little rat responses when I bring up crunch and other business bollocks- those people are cowards but whatever, maybe thats a difficult problem to fix.

Ubisoft has very obvious, very unacceptable practices which everyone knows how to fix- including them - and they're not doing it. Nobody should be buying their games, the press shouldn't be giving them any positive press, and other companies shouldn't be doing business with them until they do something.

Fuck 'em.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 15:33

I think my problem is that it shouldn't be up to the consumer to have to make a decision on this; it should just be illegal and anyone abusing their corporate power should be in jail.

Anyway the PC Gamer show was kind of boring, and Day9 should be doing something better than that. Also devs, cheer up! Everything's so bloody grim and miserable. Maybe I do just want the wholesome games - Working For Your Local Greengrocer Run by an Elephant Simulator 2021 etc.

Note to self again - just done Future Game Show. What's between that and Nintendo?
Take Two Interactive?! *Krusty the Clown groan*

Last edited by Jimbob on Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 17:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 15:42

I don't disagree and think most of us are rather Liberal but would think Jas will continue to play R6 may look at Extraction, Andy certainly loves an Assassin's Creed and I mentioned few games that looked good at E3.

Likely missing some others out as well, and said my piece on it as well on here some where. Think going forward sites when talking about a Ubisoft game need to put a notice about it and so forth or as Jim points out actual legal ramifications.

Least we can all agree the anti-trans guy behind Five Night at Freddys is a dick.

Take Two aren't showing games, Jim and today overall looks meh maybe indie spotlight or Capcom will have stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:19

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
neil wrote:

True or it's some JRPG bollocks taking up the time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:36

The_Jaster wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
neil wrote:

True or it's some JRPG bollocks taking up the time. Laughing

How about I raise you with a JRPG character IN Smash?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:41

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 Giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 17:01

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 Fire-Emblem-Heroes_10-13-17
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 17:18

Jimbob wrote:
I think my problem is that it shouldn't be up to the consumer to have to make a decision on this; it should just be illegal and anyone abusing their corporate power should be in jail.

This is true.  But it isn't, so sadly the customer needs to do something because no other bugger will, including games media apparently.  In related news, capitalism is Not Great.

A quick note on the 'not punishing everybody who worked on the game' thing I've occasionally seen, and then I will get onto cheerier things: presumably everyone who worked on the game gets a salary while they work on the game.  If sales are linked to anything, it'll be to bonuses and shareholder value.  So the people who lose out most if a game tanks are the people with the largest bonuses (senior management, who oversaw the culture of sexual assault) and shareholders (people who are happy to invest in a company with a culture of sexual assault): win-win.  

XBox looked pretty good from an outside perspective.  Lots of interesting trailers for interesting games (albeit not many that were interesting for me personally).  Party Animals should be GotY material.

Squeenix had nothing and should feel bad about their life choices.

neil wrote:
Does anyone think Switch Pro will get mentioned? I don't, but 40 mins is a looong time for the Direct format of trailer after trailer. Unless we're gonna have a Sakurai-style deep dive into something.

I'm pretty hyped for the Direct anyway! I don't really have any specific expectations, one or two good looking new games will be enough for me to come away happy. I'll still probably be complaining about something afterwards.

Would be super happy with any of these: list

They've said it would be software-centric, but there seem to be enough people who thought it would have been seen already that I'm thinking 'no smoke without fire' applies here.  I'm thinking we probably do see the Pro.

I am expecting:
- Show opens with the Pro reveal, it's not as big a power hike as everyone hoped for
- A new Smash character, not that big a fan-fave because they'll save that for the final one
- Multiple ports shown to rolling eyes, including Zelda HD pack
- Too long spent on games we know enough about: Mario Golf will get a trailer, NMH3 will get something, Pokémon BDSP will get a teaser etc. etc.
- A strange new peripheral
- A new JRPG getting five minutes of in-depth explanation when two would have done (I will still be keen)
- A sinking feeling that they're getting awfully close to the end without enough big reveals
- At least two big new Nintendo games releasing in 2021, because there's no way this year can be as bad as last - maybe Monolith?
- Bugger-all on Prime 4
- BotW2 name and date (in 2022) as the One Last Thing.

Last year has beaten me into pessimism a bit here.  Still, look at my third-last point!  I'm a happy person, honest.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 20:40

Well video games have had a good run but I'm sure we all agree that it's time they were burned to the ground.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 21:40

Yeah yeah but Limited Run announced Plumbers Don't Wear Ties coming back
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 8:12

Happy Direct-mas everybody! Which is not the same as 'Happy Direct, Mas'. That too I guess.

Neil check yer inbox, there's an invite to the Discord.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 8:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

From a Nintendo Direct, I've learned to just take it as it comes, and to not have any great expectations. I know that's dull, but this, after all, is the company that can give you Bayonetta 2 and then give you Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash.

That said, I'd like to see some news about Switch Pro, and I'd like them not to spend 40 minutes talking about JRPGs that you're either sold on in the first twenty seconds or you aren't.

Now that it's Direct-mas, I'm getting a little more excited about thoughts and daydreams of a new Donkey Kong, Super Mario Party and Kirby. I think there'll be some Bayonetta 3 chat. I think Switch Pro will open the Direct, Breath of the World's sequel will close it.

Hopefully minimal time spent (wasted) on JRPGs, hopefully minimal time spent on the games coming out next month (Skyward Sword, World Ends With You, Evercade Worms Collection, etc).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 9:14

Full hour of Project Triangle Strategy pls.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 12:30

Jimbob wrote:
Agreed - but it is.
masofdas wrote:
I don't disagree and think most of us are rather Liberal but would think Jas will continue to play R6 may look at Extraction, Andy certainly loves an Assassin's Creed and I mentioned few games that looked good at E3.
  • He's not giving them any more money, to be fair
  • Coward
  • Rat little coward
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 13:23

I've just been listening to The Back Page's E3 episode with Keza McDonald (Castle is gross in this one). It's mostly about how they miss E3-as-was, and the stories are really good. Obviously it's mostly about the games journalist in-person experience, but one thing that stands out is how they miss the drama. They compare how it used to be to professional wrestling, with all the smack talk, and how now Nintendo doesn't show up and Spencer's all buddy-buddy.

They're wrong, corporate squabbling is stupid and bad, and all the rest of the corporate nonsense is also stupid and bad, but... they're not entirely wrong. In a perverse way I too miss all that. I'm glad it's done, but... I do miss that slightly, damn it! Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 14:14

Think Jas might buy the Battle Passes and from twitter Extraction might get a look in, like I thought. Anyway, think we've talked enough Ubisoft.

As someone that's been to a few events, it is nice to meet people sure I'm not being buddies with Kezza or Castle but indies devs showing games are always cool and want to talk to you, and I have met Shuhei Yoshida, Hollie Bennet, Camilla Luddington, Daniel Da Rocha, Brjánn Sigurgeirsson to name a few people.

From Monday
Future Gaming Show, wasn't bad some stuff looked fine and dandy just no real standout.
Halo Multiplayer, looked excellent and whole customize your own base etc is neat.
Intellivision, did a good job getting over what it is.
Mythical Games, yeah Balla touched on them least Devolver showed what to do with NFT's in games not this.
Indie Showcase, might have been fine but we've had a lot of indie shows and this was the worst.
Freedom Games, I was expecting nothing an odd game looked good and they've teased something for today
Limited Run, best of Monday and some real cool thing like Bloodrayne coming back, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, more River City Girls and Rondo of Blood in English on a Turbo-CD
Capcom, I wasn't overly disappointed like some as they showed what they said and some have been far worse just it was 30mins & it's Capcom where it should have been 10mins
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 14:23

Capcom didn't need to happen from what I've seen/read. Feels a bit like, 'UbiSoft and Bamco are doing E3s, we'd better do one too!'
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 14:25

A lot didn't need to happen, Namco are showing one game today that's House of Ashes which was at another event and had two sorta of event like trailers recently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next