We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017 - 20:45

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm having a swatch at PlatinumGames' past output here, and I'm honestly not that arsed about most of it. Maybe they're a wee bit overhyped? Some of it is class, but there's a lot of other stuff that's baws.

Hm, I wouldn't class any of it as trash so to speak, but they've definitely had their missteps, same as any dev really!

They've forever got a pass in my book for the sheer lunacy that is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. I highly recommend watching that whole video so you get a taste of Senator Armstrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017 - 20:53

Baws is maybe a bit harsh, but to be honest I don't think all that highly of MadWorld, The Wonderful 101, Anarchy Reigns or Starfox Zero. Transformers Devestation was all right though. I've had Revengeance for years but didn't get round to it - looks like I missed out a bit.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017 - 22:54

MadWorld Bit of fun, not bad
Bayonetta One of the all-time best games of all time ever, of all time
Vanquish The second best game about shooting robots of all time
Metal Gear Rising Great fun, all the cyborg ninja action I'd been graving since MGS
The Wonderful 101 Inventive, fun, beloved game. Wii U must-have
Bayonetta 2 Not as good as the first but glorious
Transformers: Devestation I'm obviously incapable of being objective here, but what a fucking game
Star Fox Zero A really good, really fun game with dodgy-in-places controls which I assume came from Shigsy rather than Platinum.

I've not played any of their other games, but that's a great track record with some of my favourite games. If they've got anything coming out for Switch tonight I will be very happy indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017 - 22:57

Maybe they'll have something new. I'm thinking a Father Ted game. We'll find out soon enough!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017 - 23:08

Favourite Direct moment yet from live chatting with Andy: Andyman screaming "LOOK AT HER NAILS!" during the reveal for that new Style Boutique game.

Also, some thoughts:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2017 - 23:55

Big up to Bethesda, as up to this point the games coming were older titles but DOOM is rather new and Stein isn't even out yet. DOOM you could tell didn't look as good the other versions but that doesn't matter, it is the fact they've put in the effort getting that engine (I think both games use the same one) running on the Switch and shows you can bring a game that you would think needs POWER! over.

We have seen it before for Wii and Wii U with Call of Duty and Need for Speed coming to mind, I hope this time on Switch it lasts.

Now I've not played DOOM but I can buy on PS4 for £10 new but if a bunch of buy it on Switch then could be worth it for the Multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 0:36

Jay wrote:
YO DOOM AND WOLFENSTEIN 2?! All over that.

FUCKIN' YASS!

mas wrote:
Now I've not played DOOM but I can buy on PS4 for £10 new but if a bunch of buy it on Switch then could be worth it for the Multiplayer.

ITS DOOM ON THE GO.

*ahem*

Anyhow, I did play it a wee bit on ps4 but gave up due to the ridiculous sizes of their patches (mostly for MP & I hope this doesn't plague the Switch version) other than it was a great game that I'll probably buy again.

----

So....... Super Mario Odyssey? I am saying this now this WILL be the game of all time.........it just.......... *faints*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 6:55

I'll say more later, but for now, potted Direct moments:

Spoiler:

No real surprise new game announcements though sadly (ports don't count), which is a shame but not a total mood-killer.  A decent Direct but not a belter.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 8:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 8:10

Quality direct.

Apollo Justice and DOOM? Ideal. That's given me the impetus to finish my replay of the trilogy ready for the second trilogy to all be on 3DS. And I've been putting off playing Doom on XBoxand now I feel justified.

Plus, all the stuff I already knew about continues to look ace.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 8:27

I think... I've just watched... the wrong Direct. Sad

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 10:07

DOOM on the go is great but is that worth £30-40 more, though.

I know FPS genre, isn't your thing Balla but both of them were huge surprises and the talk of social media. Sure one is a port but the other isn't even out yet on the other formats.

Sure it is going to be 2018 for Switch but makes sense with DOOM coming this year.

Really the bigger thing is what can other devs do now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 17:46

mas wrote:

DOOM on the go is great but is that worth £30-40 more, though.

The answer to that is yes.

Zero wrote:

I think... I've just watched... the wrong Direct. Sad

Oh no! Even though it wasn't on the direct at least Runbow is coming to Switch. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:00

Hopefully a few of us pick it up and is out when not a lot else which be hard now as these are the big months for myself to justify the extra as even me who buys xboxes like they're going out of fashion has to be sensible sometimes with my wages.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 22:05

World Championships are Live, maybe we will see something from what Andrea was saying
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri 3 Nov 2017 - 15:58

Balla will be pleased. It's a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct! Lots of planets have a North, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri 3 Nov 2017 - 20:43

Mmm... not sure whether I will be or not. I already know I'm going to buy it (unless it gets critically panned across the board), and the E3 trailer didn't do the game any favours among those who weren't interested anyway. Sadly I think it might be a bit late to drum up much popular support for this game, if the forum is anything to go by - which is sad, because XC1 was condemned to nicheness and it's still in my top five games ever.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptySat 4 Nov 2017 - 9:33

What Balla said, basically. I'm already sold and I don't want to see much more of the game than I already have.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 18:12

I'm not as excited for this game as I was for XCX but I'm still going to get it on release. And I'll gladly soak up whatever information they give us on Tuesday. I'm keeping my expectations low though, I can't see this game beating the original's story or the sheer excitement of exploring Mira's myriad nooks and crannies in X. I would love to be proved wrong of course but I think it's unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 18:16

All I ask is that it has a main quest more like XC1 than XCX. All I ask.

(Well not all I ask, if they can get rid of the stupid blue glowy crystals that too would be great.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 12:29

That was just okay, it seemed like a reminder of what we saw at E3 and Nintendo to remind us hey this game is coming.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 16:27

I'd be lying if I said when I eventually buy a Switch (which considering how long my ps4 backlog is taking me would probably be over a year off even before bringing up expendable income affordability) I wouldn't buy xc2, but at the same time I still harbour a pretty big grudge over the unfinished nature of XCX's story. When I get burned by unfinished stories you better believe it leaves me with some rather large amounts of ill will, especially when the "ending" of the story literally made the entire story thus far irrelevant with a pile of sequel hooks they have no impetus to resolve in any fashion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 18:57

Oh c'mon old chap. XC1 was brilliant, we both agree, and they've surely learned from the mistakes of XCX.

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 Spirit-of-Justice-Nahyuta

I didn't watch much. What I did see was the story-related stuff, and it still looks brill to me - apart from Pyrah's outfit, which remains chuffing stupid. But the art style's a beaut.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 9:28

Honetsly you probably hold the first Xenoblade in higher esteem than I do. Not that it wasnt very good, but it had plenty of issues.

Large spoilers:

Ignoring all of that the game also had several other large issues. The battle system while neat in concept lacked refinement, being all about setting enemies up for combos through chaining specific status ailments one after another. Problem being no one character could do a complete chain of their own, and there was absolutely no way to get the AI team members to do them in time with you. Should've followed Final Fantasy XII's path in that area and allowed the player to set up basic AI routines such as "use X when party leader uses Y", would've also allowed the player to make the AI use Melia correctly too.

The side content was also mostly mehness of the highest order, a few gems hidden in a ocean of vapid samey side quests that the player is likely to ignore in favour of the infinitely more interesting main story.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong. A very good game. But It's definitely not as high up in the ranks of the genre for me as I know a lot of people place it for themselves. Personally speaking I'd still rank Persona 3 and Tales of Xillia leagues above it, the latter even does something similar in terms of the circle of revenge being pointless, only to far better effect.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 18:12

I think that's the problem with Xenoblade or any game if you're on one system, as you're always going to hold something in high regards which might not be.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 19:10

I stand corrected then, I clearly thought you were keener on it than you were/are. I agree with all of the things you've listed, and could list other flaws, and yet still think it's one of the finest games ever because where it did a few things wrong, it did so many others right.

Okay mostly the world and exploration and music BUT STILL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next