We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 13:17

I've played and not finished all three (I'm crap with JRPGs) and to me the difference is that the first two were great for GBA and the third was a bit naff for DS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 14:45

Seeing the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games get bagged on so much is a tad depressing. Darkness/Time were great games, with hands down the best story of the series and fun (if you like that kind of gameplay) gameplay. I shall champion them as solid games until the end of days! The first two were rather naff though, and I hear Gates to Infinity was also naff (we shall see when I play it eventually), but I consider those two to be class acts.

Also seeing someone else have the exact same problem with Infinite Space I did (couldn't even beat the first boss) has just resulted in it getting shoved back down my next game to play list, sorry IS fans but frustrating and annoying battle systems aren't my thing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 15:02

Balladeer wrote:
I got past the first IS battle with no problems.  Ergo, Andyman & Athrun must just be rubbish at it. Nah nah! 
Updated!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 15:21

I see what you're trying to do there, make me want to prove you wrong and therefore retry IS.  Tempted, sorely tempted to pick it back up.  But time right now doesn't allow for it I'm afraid. I've got too much on my gaming plate right now as it is.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 17:24

I think the Mystery Dungeon games are pretty fun too. Though I enjoyed the first ones. Nice little games they are, not overly taxing but far more fun than most of the spin offs like Rumble and Ranger
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 18:10

See, Athrun, you've got the same taste in games as Andy! Proving that your taste is wrong. Razz 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 21:08

Alright. Here we go. It's time for the top 2 DS games and the honourable mentions!

Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the GNamer Best DS game of all-time goes to...

Spoiler:

Here's every other game that was voted for, in order of most points from start to end:

Spoiler:

So there we have it, the best DS games have been shown. Honestly, I was surprised by how close this ended up being. In the Wii vote, we had a few games dominating the final top 10. Here, we had a very close and competitive top 10 with a varied display of games. It just shows there's something for everything on DS.

I want to thank the 13 of you who voted this week, and each and every one of you who's voted throughout this. It's been a pleasure bringing this to you each week and I've chuckled at or marveled at the passion within your comments. It's revealed a few hidden gems to me that I'd missed. Thanks very much for sticking by this thread, through genre troubles and Andy's rage. Winky Face 

Thank you! Grin 

Roll on Phillips's thread!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 21:39

Great end to a great vote. The list of other games voted is unsurprisingly colossal thanks to all the great games that were released on the system.
I really gotta get my hands on ghost trick and TWEWY sometime...
Great job, jay!!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 21:56

I'm too happy about Ghost Trick ending up at two to be sad about PH making the number one spot (the boat wasn't that great either chaps...), and it's telling that GT got more first places (I gave it third).  Such a splendid game, and despite voting HGSS number one, I'm happy that it placed above the Pokémon ports, because it was something new and special and utterly wonderful.  

Looking at the list of also-rans, of which I had 6, Meteos and Hatsworth failed to get any other votes.  Neither terribly surprising.  (I also voted for Okamiden, FFIII, Hotel Dusk and Picross DS.) And NSMB didn't make the top ten, which is a bonus. Grin

I've got the Phoenix Wright initial trilogy (on iOS), meaning I now have all the top ten games besides Platinum, which I've played.  Further purchases to be made are Apollo Justice and Edgeworth, because I'm loving PWAA so much and want to be up on the plot by the time PW5 comes out over here.  Might consider FF Tactics A2 and the Castlevanias if I come across them as well.

Thanks hugely, Jay.  It's been a pleasure. Very Happy Roll on the Phillips Mystery Voting Thread!  And it's time for me to change the tagline...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 22:38

Only my vote for Ghost Trick made the top 10 Sad Sad times. PW is an alright number 1 though it looks more like it's there through being one of the most played so at least there's that.
My other votes were for PW: T&T, Chrono Trigger, Miles Edgeworth, Lost Future, FF Tactics, Clash of Heroes (PLAY IT!), Star Fox, Okamiden and Picross.

Anyway despite everyone's lack of taste I've thoroughly enjoyed the thread. Thanks muchly Jay!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 22:40

Well, a nice top two. I've decided, I'm definitely playing Ghost Trick as next DS game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySat 14 Sep 2013 - 0:50

Top stuff. It's a respectable list, full of variety and full of stuff that I've yet to try. I was lucky enough to find Phantom Hourglass for cheap earlier this year; perhaps I should give it a whirl pronto.

For giggles, my top ten: HeartGold, Pandora's Box, Chinatown Wars, Ace Attorney, Yoshi Touch & Go (I know: a wee bit generous), WarioWare Touched, NSMB, Ghost Trick, Nintendogs, and Super Scribblenauts.

Anyhoo, this has been a great effort. Well played Jay (and Balladeer, for his Wii rendition, natch), and everyone who got involved. Pat's on the back all around! I guess it's my thread next then...

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Mario-Thumbs-Up-G3AR
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySat 14 Sep 2013 - 10:47

Great work Jay, Looking at the ones that didn't make top 10 surprised to see pokemon black & white 2 so far down. Also you guy's have given me yet another DS game to keep my eye out for in ghost trick. I'm keeping my eyes out for Infinte Space, TWEWY, Ghost Trick, the two Zeldas (just looking for them cheap) and Tingle.

also my top 10
10th puzzle quest challenge of the warlords
Project Rub
Geometry Wars
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Sonic Rush
Another Code
Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver
Super Mario 64
Sonic Chronicles
1st Pokémon Black / White
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySat 14 Sep 2013 - 13:22

*Throws tomato at Phantom Hourglass* That's all I'll say to avoid upsetting people. Aside from that though a top class list, it's been fun seeing what made it on there and a fun watch. Maybe by the time another of these rolls around I'll have played enough games to participate too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySat 14 Sep 2013 - 14:42

I guess you can't complain too much as PH was a great Zelda never understood the fuss over the central dungeon, I personally loved Ghost Trick more but anyhow to echo everyone else great work Jay.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySat 14 Sep 2013 - 14:51

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed the thread! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySat 14 Sep 2013 - 15:56

The_Jaster wrote:
I guess you can't complain too much as PH was a great Zelda never understood the fuss over the central dungeon, I personally loved Ghost Trick more but anyhow to echo everyone else great work Jay.
 Oh but I can complain about it.   And now I've had someone say I can't I think I will.  Nah nah!  The backtracking is entirely unacceptable and was frankly downright lazy of Nintendo, they couldn't include any myriad forms of sensible things to avoid that why exactly?  What was stopping them from including some sort of magical portal at the entrance of the dungeon that warps Link straight to the new parts?  Nothing except Nintendo trying to waste time.  It's as shallow a time sink as any game that requires moribund amounts of backtracking.  

That isn't the only problem however.  There is also the constant reuse of the same assets all the time.  The dungeons once again get especially targeted here, using the same track all the time.  Said track was utterly boring and lame to begin with, the fact Nintendo couldn't be bothered creating any more tracks was also lazy in my eyes.  Music plays an absolutely vital part in any game setting the tone, previous Zelda games in particular are fine examples of exactly this, and Nintendo in general usually makes catchy memorable music.  Instead we got one dreary track that made the dungeons even drearier than they already were.

Ultimately the game felt like it was the same sort of thing copied and pasted over and over again to make the amount of content in a game.  It was nowhere near the standard I expect from a Zelda game, nor a flagship Nintendo game.  

But that's enough spoiling a fun thread, democracy has spoken and that is that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 1:41

Athrun888 wrote:

But that's enough spoiling a fun thread, DEMOCRACY has spoken and that is that.  
The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 _1246691539

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Manofsteel1

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Airstrike

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Jesus

Yes it has.

JayMoyles wrote:

And the GNamer Best DS game of all-time goes to...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 20:26

About as close to a perfect end to the top ten as possible. I'd have switched the top two around, but seeing both of them up there made me smile. A great list, a great topic, and it was a pleasure to fire my votes off every Sunday. Many thanks for putting up with our nonsense week-in, week-out, Jay. It's been a crackin' run. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013 - 16:55

It's a fine list, to be sure. There's a twinge of sadness inside me that a Professor Layton title didn't break into the top ten but I know full well that we all have our own 'wish you were there' games. My top ten contained none of the games in masofdas's list, which I take as testament to the quality of the DS's output. What a machine it truly was.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2013 - 22:08

I've de-stickied this to let it float down the handheld forum river.  After all, there's another top-quality voting thread active now!  Get to it, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2013 - 23:26

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Wilf+ugh
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 0:01

GOOD SHOW, JAY.

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 6a00d8341bfadb53ef0120a69cdb0b970c-500wi
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 18:36

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Applause
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 19:02

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 12032%20-%20Dancing%20Parody%20batista%20gif%20photoshop%20smiling%20yo_gabba_gabba
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next