We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty

Go down 
+15
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
NintenDUCK
Admin
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty Empty
PostSubject: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 19:37

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420971/activision-backs-wii-u/

Wiimote and off-TV play confirmed, and it's seemingly coming out day-and-date with the other platforms. No word on DLC support.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 22:17

They'd be silly not to at the end of the day - regardless of the platform, CoD sells, and sells in massive quantities. Snubbing Wii U when they'll make up the cost of a port with sales of the game is silly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 8:27

Thank goodness! I could barely sleep for the worry. Nah nah!

With sarcasm a backthought, although I'm not going to be picking it up I'm glad it's coming out for the Wii U. There was no good reason to stop the fans who wanted to play it on a Nintendo machine from doing so.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 8:30

Woo hoo?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 8:46

Activision and Warner have given the Wii U great support, I played black ops 2 on wii u and was very good only problem now is I'm going to buying cod etc on ps4 now. If i see this cheap at some-point.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 10:52

Though I don't personally care, CoD on Wii U is always a good thing. Can't see it swaying anyone to make a Wii U purchase on the strength of it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:17

This is a good sign but, to echo what jay said, It's very likely to turn a profit even with the relatively small user base. And it may even sway some people into buying a Wii U for the better graphics and gamepad functions (providing it's not just some dull map).
It's still unlikely I'll buy it though...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:23

Good for the system I guess, can't really muster more than a "meh" for the series however. It's not anything to do with CoD bias like I've seen on some sites however, I just plain can't get in to the fps genre no matter how hard I try. Not even Metroid Prime could ensnare me, and I've given that about three goes.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 14:33

But it won't have better graphics Duck as the PS4 and Xbox One versions are out too Laughing 
I can't imagine a map on the gamepad would be any use at all in CoD, I guess you could get a whole map of the battlefield but looking down would likely just get you killed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 18:20

another thing me and Andy don't agree on, as the map etc on black ops 2 was a great addition especially for capture the flag type game's.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:26

Is anyone else thinking of actually picking this up? Apart from when I was living with PS3 owning mates and MW3 came out, I've never really experienced the whole COD thing. Might be nice to actually pick one up and give it a go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:29

no as like andy said the fancy ps4 version will be out, and if I buy cod it be on my ps4.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 10:29

Buskalilly wrote:
Is anyone else thinking of actually picking this up?

I'm considering it more than I have with any other COD game (which I've outright ruled out in the past), which is novel, but I reckon it'll be drowned out by other games coming out around the same time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 17:05

Ba-ba-ba-bump!
So, yeah, I actually went and got this. Its the first COD I've played properly. Might even complete it and try the multiplayer and that, since I've handed over the Sterling.

Its pretty much what I always thought it was. Quite pretty, quite fun, very stupid.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 0:13

So I don't know if you're following other formats, but currently there's a big CONSOLE WARZ RESOLUTIONGATE issue with the XB1 one version of CODG outputting 720p while PS4 outputs 1080p. However, it seems that PS4 version also drops a lot of frames too, really hampering the gameplay.

The 360 and the Wii U versions of the game have the most stable frame rate, but the Wii U version has more effects than the 360 version. TL:DR, it seems like yet again, the best version's on Wii U.

Of course, all this could change as the XB1 version hasn't been reviewed yet, and that has higher res than the U, but for now, things are looking good. And for me, the Wiimote control support clinches it.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 1:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 0:41

I suppose Wii u is in a nice position of being more powerful than PS360 but not so powerful that devs get cocky and do things it can't handle. So we're getting really nice, competent output.

Played a bit of campaign and a bit of multiplayer brute and after work this evening. I'm not very good at it but it is kinda fun I suppose.
Also, I'm gonna call it right now; the dog dies.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 0:53

I've heard there's literally no point in picking this up if you've played a Call of Duty game in the last five years - true?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 1:14

I guess so

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 8:13

I think 5 years is a tad harsh, the series has developed massively since then. I can see how people might not notice the improvements as much if you buy it year on year (like FIFA or Pokemon) but if you played World at War now you'd definitely notice the difference. Regardless if you're a fan of CoD online you'd need to upgrade almost every other year as the hackers get to it and mess up the balance.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 8:58

The last COD I played was the first Black ops so I may be due for another COD game
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 9:44

JayMoyles wrote:
I've heard there's literally no point in picking this up if you've played a Call of Duty game in the last five years - true?
I guess it depends on what to put want it for and how much the multilayer community migrates. I haven't played one so I'm not the best to ask but the campaign is insanely linear so I don't think they're worth buying at full whack each time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 11:35

See I've not seen anything about frame-rate issues on PS4 version in reviews I've seen but in till I can actually play it can't tell you.

Black Ops 2 was good on Wii U last year but only ran in 30fp.

Question about Wii U version is it 18 player online like Xbone & PS4, PC.

Also Pokemon isn't really yearly Andy, more biannual.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 12:02

Nah, its just 12 players. That's plenty for me. I'm more annoyed about the fact that you can only have 2 players split-screen. Gone are the days of wild Timesplitters parties...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 12:16

12 isn't bad 18 isn't that more it's not like battlefield 4 were it's 24 on current and 64 on next gen that's a huge difference.

To play timesplitters 2, you get 4 xbox's, 4 copy's of the game, 4 tvs, 16 controllers, 4 ethernet cables and a lan adapter. Used to go to a mates, 4 of us in his room another 4 in front room, 4 in his brothers room and the last 4 in kitchen it was madness cables hanging out of windows to get them to reach.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 15:32

I'd struggle to call a game that only missed 1 year in the last 5 biannual. It still follows the same quirks of being a reskin of the previous game with some new numbers being crunched, except it has little to no story. At least CoD has throwaway fun stories (sometimes pretty good too e.g MW2)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty   Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty Empty

Back to top Go down

Panic over: We're getting Call of Duty
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next