We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread

Go down 
+6
ZeroJones
Rum
Axis1500
oldschool
masofdas
Athrun888
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread Empty
PostSubject: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 15:36

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread I6VhbqkTyKeu3

The map/dungeon exploring rpg from Atlus, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan is coming to Europe (and Australia) at the end of August. As such to raise awareness and provide a place of discussion if I end up not being the only person to buy it a official thread seems in order.

So, anyone else picking this up? Anyone else up for the challenge?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 16:07

A few of us including myself said maybe in the august release thread but comes out sometime as quite a few other titles, so doubt i will be buying on launch.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 15:05

I just happened to look on Metacritic because I was bored and I found this.  http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/etrian-odyssey-iv-review

Normally I don't care for critics in general, and IGN even less, but what caught my eye was the score.  Not a seven, not an eight, a whopping nine from the reviewer.  It was that clear that the review wasn't going to be of the style that is the reason I rarely consult them.  One of the main reasons it got praise was because it is more welcoming to newcomers in this game, without sacrificing the appeal of the series (the toughness and freedom and old school dungeon crawling).  

So, if that helps convince anyone to give it a shot, there you go.  Hopefully this will be as fun a game to fill the gap to the next Pokemon games as I'm hoping and it's sounding.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 22:06

Demo out this week.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 14:54

Had the game for quite a few weeks now. I also have the first three games and discovered that II & III were still sealed. I played IV for a while and found it just as confusing as the first, which I gave up quickly. Then I got even more determined to figure this series out, so I went back to the first and have now sunk 4 hours into and have finally got the hang of it - sort of.

The fourth game is pretty much the same as the first, but the crisp, sharp 3D is really nicely done. I have no regrets owning all 4 now I have figured out how to play them - it is a true grindfest.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 0:22

So, err, Matthew Castle just reminded me on Twitter this game is out tomorrow. I completely forgot about it, even though I imported the previous 3 games in preparation.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 2:30

I tried the demo, and got to the end of it - but I just found it reasonably tedious. A lot of reviews said they loved the fact that you had to plot out your own maps, but it didn't particularly hook me. Avoiding dangerous monsters didn't get my adrenaline racing, it just served to be vaguely irritating, and the battles were just that little bit too menu-based for me.

One of those "it seems to do what it sets out to do well, but that is something that is not for me" titles, I guess.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 4:08

I really did find myself getting addicted to the grinding in this series. I am playing the first (as mentioned I have all four) and have sunk 40 hours and only into the 10th dungeon out of 30 I believe. This game could soak up 100+ hours at the rate I am going. I wasn't sure about drawing the maps at first, but now I think it is awesome. I am so glad I gave this a proper try as now I am a solid fan.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:23

Tried the demo, not for me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:25

Given my immense love of RPG's, I'm slightly worried that I've never really gotten into dungeon crawlers. It might be time to rectify that... when my Internet connection isn't playing up, I'll get the demo and see.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 19:29

Had the game nearly a week now and i'm addicted as heck. Seriously guys, drawing your own maps is a seriously addictive thing. Helps that the OST seems great too, the gameplay and mechanics feel completely refined compared to my previous experience with the series (EO1, i kinda forgot to play my copies of II & III >_> ) and that generally it just feels like good fun to play, really.

Think it might actually already be up with Awakening and Xillia competing for the title of my favourite game of the year...
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 23:07

GameCentral's review has sold me on this one -- a solid 9/10, with them claiming it's one of the best portable games of the year: http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/05/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan-review-hard-graph-3950961/

Really should have picked this up sooner, seems like the best sort of game to play on the move.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 23:17

Silver light wrote:
Helps that the OST seems great too
Really? That's actually one of the things I really disliked in the demo. Definition of naff.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 9:12

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike it that australia has bad release delays? I think I might have, but I'll say it again. Still, it's great to see the game getting positive attention, it makes me even more eager to get it. Smile 
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 15:10

I couldn't resist this when I saw it for £33 new at GAME (and it was factory fresh), and it's quickly become one of my favourite RPG experiences and 3DS games ever.

It's just how compelling everything is about it, really. All the different elements -- the tough, dangerous dungeons, the excellent cartography, your ongoing quests, the need to strengthen your party -- mix together to create what feels like a wholly complete experience, kind of like Animal Crossing, where even the smallest bit of game time counts (even if you've filled in a small portion of map it always feels satisfying to have spent the time on it).

As a result there's always a reason to get absorbed into it. The battle mechanics are solid and swift, too, and the labyrinths are kept consistently interesting as they get progressively larger, but not dauntingly so.

Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 18:51

Still must give the demo of this a try. It sounds like it could be my sort of thing, in a weird sort of way.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 21:29

I'm still playing this. It's surprisingly easy to get back into after an absence since everything is so well laid out and presented. Exploring and uncovering more bits of environment is still as good a reason to keep playing as ever, too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 10:56

After talking to Fronk I might pick up Untold Story at some point but I just seen some stuff on Etrian Mystery Dungeon, that looks more my thing. I don't know when it's coming to the EU or when Story of Seasons is either but is looking up on the RPG type side of things on 3DS's.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 14:47

I'm not too sure about Mystery Dungeon, since any association with Etrian Odyssey is from a visual standpoint, with the game not really retaining what makes Etrian Odyssey, Etrian Odyssey. Do let us know what you make of it though, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend Untold (I rarely use caps, that's how much I recommend it), based on my last week playing it.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 12:30

Etrian Odyssey was not my cup of tea at all, I have spend hours on it just to try to like this but it wasn't working for me so I've sold it onwards.
I prefer persona Q than the likes of this game but that just my opinion really, mystery dungeon games are rare these days but nice to see some coming out for people who like to try something different for a change. Got to have a lot of patience for this really and I am one of them XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread   Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Thread
Page 1 of 1