We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Aug 2013 - 22:12

Car has had to go into the garage again, only £150 but seeing I've just spent nearly £700 on it. It's a lot which would of gone towards PS4, Cars MOT & TAX etc. So I'm back to considering selling N64 again as its value by eBay on average being sold individually £498 which is a lot of money basically sat doing nothing but the console is so good. So I'm torn what to do, phillps did bring up about the dreamcast that most of it's top games have been re-released on other systems, and thinking about it at work today most of the top N64 games like ocarina of time I can play on my 3DS, so do i need to keep it just to play goldeneye, mario kart (got 7 & 8 next year) now and again.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 0:13

Toy Commander is the greatest game of all time and if it got an HD re-release then I would be every version on every console. I'd even buy a console to play a version of it on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 9:13

I am now using the terms "well-made Hitler" and "glass-filled cupcake" in all my online gaming debates.

e.g. Fire Emblem Awakening: well-made Hitler.
Tales of the Abyss: glass-filled cupcake.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 19:29

I think I'm realising I'm not much of a hand held gamer anymore, I think it comes from the games generally getting closer to a console experience in terms of length & I just can't go for that on a hand held system.

As good as they may be I just have no motivation to return to games like fire emblem & dream team bros at the minute. (I'm even thinking of trading in the former)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 21:11

I've always said that about the vita, I'd sooner play a console like game eg uncharted on a console not a handheld.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 21:15

I think that DTB is fairly well suited to a handheld, actually, due to allowing you to save everywhere. In fact, in that respect it's the most handheld-friendly game in the handheld-exclusive franchise.

That said, I do see your point. LM2's long missions, MK7's grands prix... There aren't many "dip-in, dip-out" 3DS games. I essentially use it as a home console, only I can take it on the train, but I realise that's not an ideal use of it. Roll on Pokémon X & Y, therefore.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 21:16

My only issue with Handheld games being big and meaty is the length of the battery. I don't like being plugged in whilst playing so it has to have a decent play session in it. Otherwise I'm happy with it, I can easily watch a couple of TV shows whilst I play them unless I feel they really need sound like Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 21:34

Give me a game on the 3DS over a game on the Wii U GamePad any day of the week. In my opinion, handheld gaming has never been better. I'm loving my 3DS XL at the moment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 21:51

I love my 3DS as well, and fire emblem is very handheld friendly play a mission and then go back to what your doing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 22:57

You can't play just one mission of Fire Emblem!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 23:00

Yeah it's very addictive.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 0:07

I'm finding myself more of a handheld gamer than a console gamer at the moment, the 3DS just has a lot to offer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 1:59

It's not the games themselves as they have been of a very high quality recently, I personally just can't plonk myself in front of handheld for more than hour.....the last game that done that was probably LM2.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 10:55

Simply, the 3DS has the games at the moment, so I'm using it more than the Wii U. Admittedly, EarthBound and Cloudberry Kingdom are pulling me in the Wii U's direction, and the lure of Duck Tales Remastered will likely make me shift allegiances (albeit temporarily).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 13:36

I'm gutting my room at the moment to make way for postgrad stuff and to hopefully make space for a wine cellar. The last time I gutted my room like this was when I was getting it 'Wii ready'. Remember those days? Those days of making sure you have enough room with swing a baseball bat, smack a golf ball, be able to snowboard and strike a punch? Might not seem like much now, but I loved those days. There wasn't a time in my gaming life that was as exciting as that summer 2006-Christmas 2006 wait for the Wii.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 19:00

My Wii experience was somewhat more cramped. No room for wild swinging - it ended up in a cracked mirror during a particularly crazy game of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 1:27

My shameful backloggery score has made me want to rush through games a bit more lately rather than enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 11:48

My Backloggery score is appalling. I blame Steam and its plethora of sales.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:01

I've not bothered updating mine for ages but my score is crap, yes i know i have 300+ unplayed games you stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:06

Mine is pretty poor, I'm dangerously close to 500 unbeaten, in fact if I updated it with my recent PS= and Vita purchases I just might be there...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:16

I'm just about keeping my head above water with having 50% Unfinished or less- although I've only got about 300 games and there are a few that simply aren't on the list at all...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:18

I've unfortunately got things like the little mermaid to play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:20

And this is why I don't have a Backloggery. Dance If I enjoy a game I'll probably finish it, or get back around to it eventually.  I don't want to feel forced to.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:22

AS you can probably tell by my unfinished number I don't feel forced to. I just like to keep track of what I've played and not played without hunting it down on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 4:20

You just like to hunt them down on a site you have to log into. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next