We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii Sports Club

Go down 
+13
Admin
Jimbob
fronkhead
SquidgyGoat
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:08

...Wait. Six? Have I missed something? Shocked 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:22

New page so here's the actual quote from the Investor Q+A, with link
Spoiler:

Quote :

With this in mind, as for the software you just mentioned, namely, “Darumeshi Sports Shop,” “Wii Sports Club” and “Pokémon Bank,” we are challenging ourselves with new pricing and sales endeavors. We are hopeful that a wider range of consumers will appreciate these unprecedented offers. Specifically concerning “Wii Sports Club,” we understand that there will be players who will play it almost every day just as they did with its predecessor, “Wii Sports,” while others will only play it when friends visit their home. We are now trying to increase the software’s sales potential by offering two different options for the people who will play it occasionally and those who will play it frequently. I do not deny the possibility that “Wii Sports Club” may become packaged software in the future. However, for the future of Wii U, we have prioritized releasing tennis and bowling by the end of this year.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/131031qa/index.html
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:27

Axis1500 wrote:
I think I got the number six wrong Winky Face
Hissy fit Evil or Very Mad DAMN YOU! Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 21:10

Axis1500 wrote:
Iwata "doesn't deny" that a boxed version will be released in the future.

(From the recent Investor Q+A.)

It seems that they haven't completed all the sports yet, so instead of waiting for all 6, they're releasing them like this.
It's his secret way of saying "we'd like to have released this as boxed retail this Winter, but Namco are still busy developing the other sports, so please wait until they are all ready and released digitally before we can release a boxed product".

Or at least that's the way I see it. Find it hard to believe all six sports have been completed, but I haven't read the Iwata Asks for the game yet so I may well be wrong. Perhaps the decision to go digital first was a business one.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 23:26

The 6th being Pacman CEDX, right? :joker: 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 16:12

Looking at Iwata Asks again, it looks like there's no invite system for multiplayer. you open a "lobby" and the next friend that searches will automatically join.

Like Mario Kart DS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 0:44

That's a bit odd, also what happened to the buying wii sports club completely and the games just being added once they're done?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 12:32

This is downloading this second, it comes in two bits. Who's making a GNamer Club like with Fits Gym.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 19:27

Been playing this for a few hours,

I joined UK South West Club, been playing some online and bowling is decent. My High Score is 193 at the moment.

Now Tennis sucks online due to lag, I tried 3 games and it was awful.

Offline it's the same as on the Wii but HD, so as we know from other places (twitter) graphics etc doesn't matter game-play does. You might as well play on Wii and save your money unless were all going to start playing bowling online,
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 19:54

I played a few minutes of this today, and was a bit disappointed. I'm sure the game's actually pretty decent, but you really can tell it was developed by Namco and not Nintendo.

Menus are drab (the title screen itself doesn't feel right, when you press A + B to start it just fades out), and presentation overall doesn't feel very charming compared to the original game, Resort, or Wii Fit U.

Did have a quick go on Tennis, which was fairly decent, and I liked how MotionPlus completely changes how you have to play the game, but yes, as you've probably gathered I'm sour this wasn't developed in-house.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:46

Ah, that's disappointing. It's all the little things that help make Wii Sports one of my all-time favourites. Still, a freebie is a freebie, and I'll download the trial during a 24 hour period where I can do it justice.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 21:13

You can have the game there & the 24 hour free period doesn't start until you boot it up for the first time.

That's a bit disappointing to hear about lag in tennis games but maybe that can be ironed out in time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 21:58

Lag was always going to get in the way of the tennis. Heaven help the boxing, when it finally appears... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 0:18

Had a game of 100-pin bowling online with some randoms from Spain, Germany and France.
I actually quite liked it, though I'm not sure enough to pay money for it. (I already have a perfectly good offline version with Wii Sports Resort.)
Bowling would be the only game I'd consider buying. I suck at Tennis.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 2:08

From the sounds of it I'll be sticking to my original plan of just Bowling for now then, hopefully the Tennis lag is just teething problems but if not then makes that a likely no no for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 17:46

I've run out of free time but really enjoyed the online games i played. I only had 1 laggy match on tennis which was still quite playable tbh. I'm not very good though and lost a lot, same with bowling. Motion gaming isn't my forte it seems.
If a boxed version comes with all the sports i will probably get it but if they release a different tennis game with online play i would probably get that instead......i still dream of online Super Tennis (best tennis game ever).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 20:38

I finally played a bit of this yesterday (just the tennis) and it was enjoyable stuff especially the skill shaper games, think I will only end up purchasing golf now though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 23:53

Still enjoyable as ever, think I'll definitely get Bowling, hopefully Tennis is improved online so I can get that too, I've not actually tried it yet, couldn't even find a game when I tried.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 9:48

Glad it's good. As I posted I didn't play much/any of the game outside of four points of Tennis, but I was disappointed that the small touches weren't present in terms of how drab the presentation is compared with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and the Wii Fit titles.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 9:54

I've still to download my free trial but intend on doing so today - should anybody be wanting a few games of tennis or bowling tonight please let us know!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 19:15

There's another free trial on Boxing Day,
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 19:32

Anyone up for some online GNamer multiplayer that day? I know nothing got going last time I suggested it, but maybe we're more free on Boxing Day?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 6:09

Aye that'd be fun & here's hoping we can sort it out.

Anyone else tried the golf yet? I've been meaning to try it but other games (NES remix & Terraria) have been taking up my time.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 18:55

If someone reminds me about this on Thursday, I should be able to play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 22:10

Played the golf earlier today & it is tuned to perfection, I somehow thought it'd be over sensitive but it isn't & the new courses are really tough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii Sports Club
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next