We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii Sports Club

Go down 
+13
Admin
Jimbob
fronkhead
SquidgyGoat
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 23:16

Already downloaded Tennis and Bowling so Golf will complete my collection nicely, yet to give it a try though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 22:15

We had a few games of this last night, while the free period was still on. Despite it being incredibly difficult to set up games with more than two players (I'm going to blame developer Namco for this), it was great fun. Each player gets a complete view of what the turn-taker is doing, and you can spam callouts on the screen to great effect.

The sports are well executed in general, and it certainly feels less drab presentation-wise than it once did.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 23:15

No doubt it's an awkward set up but I'm sure we could've sorted it out quicker had we been on Skype or something (though it shouldn't come to that) anyway I have it figured out, one person sets up a game under certain rules & clicks wait for players then the players looking to join set up the same game with the same rules then click the person who is host to join.

No idea why they didn't just have a standard lobby & invite system though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 11:05

Bumpity bump.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/wii_sports_club_free_trial_swings_into_play_in_europe_and_australia

It's a free weekend for Wii Sports Club, starting now and ending at midnight on Sunday (into Monday). I'm not free tomorrow, but fairly available otherwise (throughout today and Sunday) for some online golf/bowling/tennis. I've not played anything online with any of youse in ages and quite fancy using this opportunity to do so if anyone's up for it.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 15:05

I wish I were with my Wii U (which is why I haven't been in for any Mario Kart Wii final online sessions), as I'd be up for this today or tomorrow.

Played with Dusty and Jaster at the new year and it was a hoot. As bad as the online matchmaking is, our failings at playing Golf properly were priceless. Particularly so with Miiverse post spamming on the screen (though there's an annoying restriction where you have to leave a post on Miiverse for an hour or so before you can use it in-game, so prepare for that).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 0:33

Aye I'd be up for some games on Sunday, just geez a shout on twitter in advance.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:14

I think I might buy Golf, will post here when I do. They've added the holes from Wii Sports Resort too, haven't they?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 14:07

Retail bundle on 11th July!  And other two sports downloadable from 27th June, but who cares when there's a retail bundle coming out!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 16:07

Excellent! That means I can delete the Wii Sports Club icon from the menu...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 17:30

I'd doubt they'd be up for fixing the online match making in this, I'm not even asking for a complete overhaul just give us the ability to create friend lobbies with the standard invite/join system & the rest can stay the same.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 17:42

Good stuff. I was really impressed with Tennis, Bowling and (what little I played of) Golf. I'm still not game for paying £45 for it, but hopefully we can shop around and get it a bit cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 1:16

I've already got the current 3 and the final two don't interest me all that much so that's me done, unless they bring in some of the resort games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 9:14

Now that I'm planning to full set the Wii U and this coming out in July which there is currently 4 retail games coming out. If it's a sensible price, not £45 but £35ish I will get.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 0:06

ZeroJones wrote:
Excellent! That means I can delete the Wii Sports Club icon from the menu...
So happy to delete that icon...then Nintendo gave me a free download game with Mario Kart 8 and RUINED MY BEAUTIFULLY LINED-UP ICONS COLUMNS!!!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 7:24

One for the gaming OCD thread? Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:50

I finally got round to playing the final two downloadable sports. I'm a bit surprised with how Boxing has turned out - it just didn't work that well for me. I like the dual-remote idea, but it struggled to pick up my motions. Baseball was good though, pretty much as expected after the E3 2012 demo.

I've got a pre-order in with Amazon to get the retail release at £30, but I'm also thinking about holding fire for a further price drop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Sports Club    Wii Sports Club  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii Sports Club
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3