We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite Wii Sport?

Go down 
+9
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
13 posters

Favourite Wii Sport?
Tennis!
Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_lcap13%Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Bowling!
Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_lcap19%Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Golf!
Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_lcap19%Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Baseball!
Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_lcap0%Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Boxing!
Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_lcap13%Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Swordplay!
Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_lcap6%Favourite Wii Sport? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Wakeboarding!
 0% [ 0 ]
Frisbee!
 6% [ 1 ]
Archery!
 6% [ 1 ]
Basketball!
 6% [ 1 ]
Table Tennis!
 0% [ 0 ]
Power Cruising!
 0% [ 0 ]
Canoeing!
 0% [ 0 ]
Cycling!
 6% [ 1 ]
Air Sports!
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Favourite Wii Sport? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 10:45

Considering the impact and influence that Wii Sports has had over the last seven years and that it's undergone a very recent HD revival, it's quite strange to think that we've never done this thread before.

Quite self-explanatory - which is your favourite Wii Sport and why?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 13:09

It's the bowling for me, purely because it's created the best memories. I used to bring my Wii over to my Mum and Dad's each Christmas (until they bought their own three years ago) and my brothers would threaten to dish out a "tonking" at bowling (and sometimes they did!). There was also the time when two uni friends came over for a weekend. We played a round of Wii Sports Bowling and then went down to the local bowling alley for the real thing! I won the Wii Sports game but was somewhat less successful with an actual bowling ball in my hand.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 13:13

I expect tennis to walk this, but I gave my vote to swordplay.  I didn't often have three friends or family members up for a game, but my sister was usually ready to play the timed slicing challenge with me, and it showed off Motion+ beautifully.

I thought table tennis was fun too. Basketball can push off.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 15:44

It's golf for me, nice touch that they are the same courses from NES golf too & it's the one that got the most laughs when I played it with friends/family usually due to someone badly overdoing a shot.

Table tennis is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:26

Bowling, it's the only one in the original that worked well enough. It'd probably be displaced by the flying in resort if that counted, but I doubt it does.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:27

Bottom option in the poll! Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:32

I didn't see the poll Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 17:50

Tennis out of the ones I've played. I suppose I shouldn't really vote since I never played the Resort game released with motion plus, but I doubt my opinion would change much. Tennis for life.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 21:27

I really liked the basketball! Being 5' 8", one of the only things I was half-decent at when we played basketball at school (15 years ago *cries*) was 3-pointers. I'm good at WSR basketball. Therefore, it's the most accurate simulation in the world. *cough*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 23:58

If there's one thing this poll made me realise it's that I haven't played Resort anywhere nearly as much as I should have.

Anyway I went for Golf, it was between that Tennis and Bowling. Golf just felt like the one that got everything right, the controls were spot on, the courses looked great and there was a decent number of tours to play through, really looking forward to the Wii Sports Club version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 1:11

My vote still stands but I have to mention how two player canoeing sent me & my brother into fits of laughter when we first played it which just made our controls worse. Laughing

Tempted to give resort more of a go now.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 2:36

Was stuck between golf, bowling and frisbee, went with the latter because I was a demon at it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 7:18

As above..

It was a close tie between golf and bowling more so then frisbee. Bowling was good once I got a hang of the spin, golf just like my real games I sucked at putting and frisbee was just fun.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 8:26

Can't beat Bowling - that was a New Year's favourite for a good 4 or 5 years in my house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 15:27

Archery.

Although it should be noted that my Wii Sports and Wii Sprots Resort discs have never been used - I've only played it at other people's houses.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 12:30

For me, it's a close shave between boxing and bowling. The bowling was actually my first experience of the Wii, and just how 'real' it felt to do a swinging motion and then have it replicated on the TV felt unreal to me.

The bowling though will also hold dear to me, if only for the fact that it's the only game I've played that can make you feel totally unfit and a complete plonker at the same time. Plus you can raise your hands up in the air like Rocky when you win.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 19:38

Solve My Maze wrote:
The bowling though will also hold dear to me, if only for the fact that it's the only game I've played that can make you feel totally unfit and a complete plonker at the same time. Plus you can raise your hands up in the air like Rocky when you win.
Rocky did bowling? I may have missed something here
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 17:08

Ah it was supposed to be boxing. Although Rocky did bowl as well, it's a special hidden extra on the DVD, you need to look hard for it though. Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Wii Sport?   Favourite Wii Sport? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Wii Sport?
Page 1 of 1