We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season

Go down 
+19
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
NintenDUCK
Crumpy Andy
2grundies
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
The Christ
Rum
ZeroJones
beemoh
Fancy Fancy
Athrun888
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 19:59

Obviously people can get a bit carried away with it having to be THE DAY, but for me it’s the guarantee of time off that aligns with a large part of my family as well as an actual good excuse to convene. I’m not going to travel home casually most of the time, it’s much better to have an event to go back for, get the most bang for my buck/time
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 21:05

What andyman said. I've lived away from home for the last five years, and I'm never usually back for any longer than a weekend at a time. Christmas normally gives me three weeks round here: time back home, time off work, time for family, time to convene, time for getting bang for my buck  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 21:14

Didn't know you weren't still back home Andy, guess don't talk to as much now on Skype or anything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 21:29

I do feel rather more like that about Mother's Day and Valentine's Day to be honest: they seem like reminders for people who wouldn't normally respect their mums or partners to do what they should be doing anyway. I guess with Christmas it's the volume of stuff behind it. If Valentine's Day had a Valentine's lunch for everyone, and if Mother's Day had a tree and special mothering drinks and stuff, maybe they'd feel the same?

Regardless, you should absolutely not feel tied to the calendar and to (hurk) tradition if it doesn't work for you, so long as you respect that it does work for others; and that Christmas itinerary does sound a bit rough. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019 - 10:43

masofdas wrote:
Didn't know you weren't still back home Andy, guess don't talk to as much now on Skype or anything.
Start playing the right games and you know where I am Winky Face

Yeah I got a new job in London that started in Jan, which was onsite far more than I was hoping, so had to up the ante on getting my flat in the city, got that in April so have been here ever since (or travelling somewhere as per my comment in the other thread 😂)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019 - 10:53

Nah you're on the wrong console with multiplayer nonsense

They must be paying you to much
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2019 - 17:50

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 79714710

First Christmas tree up in the new home. It didn't quite feel like Christmas time until the tree was up. Father Christmas
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2019 - 23:06

Noice!
Im teaching Christmas lessons with all my younger kids this week, its good fun Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019 - 11:04

That’s a proper tree! Grin My tiny flat has a similarly tiny tree, with a misshapen panda bauble on it. Fair to say it doesn’t really compete.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Dec 2019 - 18:08

I had no choice in not having a proper tree - my Mum is Christmas daft to the point she's bought me a new Christmas ornament for every time she's popped round. My mantlepiece is filled with various snowmen and Santa Clauses. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Dec 2019 - 20:26

Ouch. How many do you have now?

I've moved into the family's place for Christmas. That means hoping to play videogames in the evenings and getting lumbered with films we've already seen. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 19:05

Six or seven Christmas ornaments with no sign of stopping... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:07

Is that all?  I pictured you in a house full of the things! Laughing (Give it time...)

Today's Christmas 'entertainment': trying to teach my parents how to play Overcooked. Hissy fit

Also, The Lady and I have exchanged gifts.  I got two fine Untitled Goose Game tops and Undertale socks. Grin And yet another Switch game for the ever-growing pile...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 9:47

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 11:03

Happy Turkey Everyone
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 15:41

Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 15:50

Merry Christmas to all, except if you watch Gavin & Stacey.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 17:38

Merry Christmas to all the good cunts of GNamer. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 19:10

Anyone get anything nice? Besides GNSS and The Lady's presents, I got Ni No Kuni (hi Andy Wave ) and Digimon Cyber Sleuth (and have instead continued to play LM3), and otherwise didn't really get anything this forum would consider interesting. To be honest I didn't consider most of it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 20:08

The best shared present we got was a canvas, oil paints, and a Bob Ross painting guide. I'll show you the monstrosities I make when I make them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 20:48

Didn't get much a part from things like stuff to clean the car with, pants and socks those sort of things.

As I wanted the cash which I spent some on buying my Google Stadia Premiere Edition before getting my actual Christmas money then this morning bought GRID on it (Was on sale for £22) and just this second the 8 book collection of Witcher for £30, which at first I thought was a tad expensive (it is only £3.75 per book, mas) then saw how much it is now on Amazon.

Those two buys were with PayPal and I won't get to a bank till Friday, so also spending beforehand. Anyway, I got a decent amount of money, that on the second of January (day two of my five days off, so soon as I can) I will go to the post office and sort out my passport.

I don't know how far in advance to actually book the holiday, as I can't yet buy Gamescom tickets for instance.

With all that said I did get one gift from Dad who says something else is also coming in the post
The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EMpm170XkAApFT2?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 13:31

So, yeah, Christmas happened I guess? I think that was my least Christmas yet. I had a couple of presents from family- socks and hats and books and that. We did secret Santa at work, Matt and I got eachother. I got him a Rose Tico action figure and some booze, he got me seven hot wheels cars- Spider-man and each of the Sinister Six. None of whom drive cars?

I also got pressies for Rob and Matty, and Rob got me some Pikachu slippers.

I forgot to pre-order KFC early enough so my Christmas dinner was 15 mcnuggets and some burgers.

I'm working full-time this week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 16:53

I know it's not such a big deal for you these days boss: that still makes me a bit sad to read.  Guess I'll go look at plushies on your Instagram to remind myself that you have a better time than the rest of us for the other 364 days.

Looking forward to Muss' paintings, and also to Mas trying to pretend that selling a Switch and buying a Stadia is the right way around. Tongue Hope you all had good days!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 17:59

Was going to get a Stadia anyway around about now due to Christmas money after hearing good things from people I trust. As you know I like tech.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:43

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

I didn't get anything you guys would be particularly interested in - the usual clothes and assorted stuff, some appliances for the house - but I did get Pokémon Shield, so look forward to some thoughts from me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next