We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season

Go down 
+19
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
NintenDUCK
Crumpy Andy
2grundies
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
The Christ
Rum
ZeroJones
beemoh
Fancy Fancy
Athrun888
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 14:46

Chicken, pork, beef, pigs in blankets, Yorkshires, roasties, mash, carrots, with a nice pesto pastry and cheese thing to start. There were other veg options but I'm not a veg guy.

Tea this evening will just be leftovers in sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 15:20

That sounds... heavy. Still, more pigs in blankets than we're having... We have had beef and pork over the last couple of days, mind.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 15:20

My chest hurts after dinner. Too. Much. Food.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 15:36

Without wanting to sound smug, but realising it's probably impossible, I am a fan of our family's approach to Christmas Day: light lunch, walk, food coma after dinner!  

Also: since we're all massively antisocial, it's nice, it being just the four of us for it.  Although hopefully either m'self or my sister might have a partner of decent term by next year... Embarrassed

Currently watching 'festive' telly.  The Artist > Frozen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 16:46

Merry Christmas Peeps
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 17:22

Treesmurf wrote:
My chest hurts after dinner. Too. Much. Food.

I'm with you, slumped in a chair just now. We had a lush chocolate and salted caramel cake after the usual Christmas dinner, and I'm wanting more. My body is telling me no, though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 17:34

Drunkalilly wrote:
Muss, you have to shoot me in the head. It's the only way to redeem yourself!

This  Father Christmas GNamia Father Christmas , I'm coming for your skull!

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 Cnokci10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 18:02

Quite proud of the Christmas dinner I made which had a nice fruit twist to it with carrots & orange slices with herb butter along with cranberry & chestnut/apricot & pecan stuffing balls.

It paired better than I expected with the turkey & roast potatoes.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 21:54

Merry Christmas GNamer! I had a seven course meal and then I did a shite that I almost gave its own thread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 22:03

The Cappuccino family wins. Something.  I'm not sure what.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 23:27

My Haul + £330 Ca$h
The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 C0jbXoDWgAAK_As

The retro like last year is what my grandparents picked up from charity shops / boot sales, I've switched some cases over and kept C&C for Saturn as my Saturn is sorely lacking games that aren't football.

I'm not sure about the Wii games as we've talked about going back and playing some games on it, which Other M and Raving Rabbids may be ones we want to look at.

I asked for Dishonoured 2 and PokeMoon but not sure when I'll get to them, thankfully even thought their is a lot I like coming out in January, I won't get any of it till my birthday which is over a month away and nothing in February I want.

Also asked for the A Song of Ice and Fire books, which currently still sealed sat next to my Mega Drive games and NES trainers.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 15:32

Nice Mas! And a whole load of Nintendo Switch goodness with that cash? Smile

Gaming-wise I got The Witcher III GOTY Edition, a PS4 headset and a second Dual Shock 4 (hosting a NYE party at our house so 2-player PES is a must for the blokes).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 15:57

Was going to put it towards a new TV but unfortunately had to uses it on family things Sad

Switch I'll just buy with Marches pay packet.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 21:45

I'm still waiting for my game of Christmas: my sister left it in London. Hissy fit (It's Picross 3D 2.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:37

Presents chat:

Christmas was lovely as well. Just my immediate family (mum, dad, brother, sister, drunka) eating lots of food and playing board games. Ideal.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:40

Aww now that is sweet. Smile
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 0:22

There were eleven people round my table this year, lots of fun and fine food was had by all. Cluedo was played followed by MK8 and SM3DW and I couldn't help thinking that this would be the U's last Christmas of entertaining us while the grown ups talk about boring stuff in the other room. On the gifts note I got two rather neat little lumps of techie goodness: A pair of Sennehiser HD598 Cs (these are headphones) and a logitech g502 proteus spectrum gaming mouse (this is a mouse). And, if you're thinking about buying either a mouse or headphones or both, I'd strongly recommend them, the headphone's sound quality is great and the mouse if very comfortable in my average sized hand.
A very merry Christmas: 10/10

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 21:14

I was dreading Christmas - my Grandfather will both hog and not be able to hear the TV*, and had no conversational skills when he had his own marbles**; however my sister and her fella saved the day by picking some neat board games. We also filled up Boxing Day by grabbing a Now TV day-pass, and watching Harry the Hornet's legal brush with the FA. Actual game was shit, mind!

*He only watches Movies4Men - the low-rate film channel that shows old war and cowboy films, which tend to repeat every 2 days. This is not an exaggeration.
**I appreciate this all sounds immensely disrespectful; however I always had trouble with the relationship with my Grandfather as a kid, and assumed it was me; as I've got older I realise that (a) it wasn't me, and (b) I learned much worse about him

EDIT: Apologies, the above sounds all quite negative. Ultimately things went pretty much as well as could be expected. I hope, previously-discussed incidents aside, that everyone has had a good Christmas, and hope that 2017 passes as safely as can be expected.

Oh and I got Rhythm Heaven Megamix!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 7:54

Sorry to hear that my man, your grandfather sounds like he is/was a right piece of work. Aww! Hooray for the rest of the family then, eh?  

And that's a grand game to receive. Thumbs Up! (realises he left it out of his GotYs - facepalms several times) Duh!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 13:57

Glad it turned out alright in the end, Jimmer. Thumbs Up!

What presents did you get for folk, gaming-related or otherwise? I got Jo the Phoenix Wright Trilogy, with a Frozen and a Hello Kitty theme. Interestingly, I got my Dad a bottle of whisky and he gave an uncle the same whisky for Christmas the next day. Confused
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 15:29

Bottle o' champers and chocolates from M&S for the parents, PokéSun for my sister, and a jäger gift-set for my girlfriend who loves the spirit for some reason.  Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 21:38

I got my sister some books from series I knew she followed, which she was very excited about, and the film Nine Lives which I ended up enjoying more than her I think. My parents and brother got board and card games mostly, though my brother also got a couple of little metal model kits.

The game I bought my brother was Boss Monster, which I would heartily recommend to anyone on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 11:53

Aye, I heard good things about Boss Monster. Nearly played that as well.

I didn't get my sister a game as she got half a laptop* instead, thus giving her access to a butt-ton of other games on Steam. However I got her fella Stardew Valley (and I got him Story of Seasons last year... curious farming thing going on there); I got my best bud Planet Coaster; and my mum got The Last Guardian. The cameraman in that game is off his face, but my goodness me that there Trico's adorable.

*in that her fella bought the other half; I didn't buy her, like, a laptop screen or anything
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 20:18

Are we allowed to start talking about Christmas?

Or naw?

Also, are we doing a Secret Santa this year?

Father Christmas
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 21:30

I believe the main man the master cheese, the world excite bike champion Drunkalilly is doing it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next