We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season

Go down 
+19
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
NintenDUCK
Crumpy Andy
2grundies
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
The Christ
Rum
ZeroJones
beemoh
Fancy Fancy
Athrun888
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 9:38

We had a virtual Christmas party which was actually pretty good - it was on Gather.Town, which is a platform where you make your own little avatar and walk around a space to speak to different people - the video chat works by proximity so we could have our own little breakout groups. My boss (who organised it) had set up different activities in different spaces so there was stuff like pictionary and Tetris going on, and we had a Christmas quiz too (where nobody Googled the answers because we're not all lame like your colleague, Jimbob).

My Christmas plans have changed a bit - I'm still going to see my parents but now neither of my sisters will - they'll be spending Christmas with each other. So everyone in our family is still seeing someone, but not for as long as they'd like and a pervading sense of anxiety. I think you summed it up perfectly Cappa.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 12:16

Gather.Town sounds like the bees' knees! I've wondered in the past, given how poorly virtual chat programmes deal with large numbers of people, why somebody couldn't set up a virtual pub with a proximity-based chatting service. Sounds like somebody's done that! Bang goes my entrepreneurial idea I suppose. Sulk

Jimbob wrote:
On a different note (sorry, I haven't been here for 8 days) we had our office charity quiz thing last week, which was quite good, except on our team was a new guy (who I've never communicated with before now and never seen in real life) who kept Googling the answers, is if we were all going to be on board with him cheating. I don't get that - it's just a bit of fun, and we don't have that sort of competitive attitude at our company.

Pretty sure that's grounds for immediate dismissal. Mad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2020 - 0:09

He sounds like a little turd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2020 - 12:03

I think he's quite young; I've found a common pattern (therefore this might just be prejudice) of some of the younger team members who perhaps haven't had a long permanent full-time job before, and are used to working in e.g. retail where they are treated as disposable resources, therefore feel no more loyalty to a company while working for them as they would as a customer choosing one place over the other. This I do get, and if I am completely honest may have had that attitude once upon a time. I've seen it with a couple of the newer peeps. Also, I think, going with a programmer-y "clever" mentatility, he was probably also thinking he was clever for finding e.g. the answer sheet from the chocolate bar quiz that the team had used. But we're all aware that we could have done that, but also aware of the feelings of our colleagues.
Not making excuses for him, but I'm hoping that attitude dissipates once he's been with us for a bit; I know some of the guys I've dealt with have gradually got better. Although I never would've cheated on a quiz though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 9:18

Have a chuffing great Christmas all! Father Christmas Even Jimbob's colleague.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 15:07

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 Tumblr_pk8rne8hhA1und0a6_1280

I'm pretty much all done Christmassing now!

Last weekend I had one of the girl's I'm seeing over and made her an attempt at a Christmas roast with what I could find here.

Then this morning I woke up at 6am to skype the family and open all the pressies I'd received in the post. I followed that up with a trip to the cinema to see the first showing of the new Pokémon movie. Then it was a day at work, albeit with a nice lunch break in which myself and my besties exchanged gifts and made everyone else in the company extremely jealous.

Got lots of Nintendo goods, natch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 18:38

Not a bad day, only spent a few hours at my uncles and got this haul from everyone

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EqGZofGXIAAY0EJ?format=jpg&name=large

Not a lot of tat this year and got something I wanted with the Blue Series Controller along with the cash which will go towards some new trainers, maybe a game like Sakuna (Waiting on the Balla report) in a sale or just in the bank hoping for that Monster Hunter Rise Special Edition Switch.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 16:01

Hope you all had a nice Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 21:06

Happy Christmas everyone! In terms of the games, I got Bubble Bobble 4 Friends... just in time for Tier 4 to make 2 of those 4 friends unavaiable.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 16:38

Tier 4 Christmas is the worst, sorry Jim. Aww! Next year...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2020 - 17:21

Tier 4 Xmas could be worse. For example, you could be in the same household as your mother, who works in retail, and discovers that 4 different people in her department have COVID, and therefore has to get a test immediately - and she's also in her 60s, so possibly more vulnerable.
Hm.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 10:31

...ouch. Hope she's okay Jim, that sounds rank rotten. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 22:41

Yeah, it came back negative, so we've just got some other shit ailment.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 17:53

I’m counting the number of days on my fingers until I finish work for the year. But Christmas still feels like ages away, and I’m concerned that there’ll be a few twists and turns with COVID-19 throughout the month. I’m not sure I’ll make many plans to see folk or go places, it just doesn’t seem like the right atmosphere again.

The local council cancelled my town’s Christmas Lights switch-on event at mega-short notice because of “fears of a terrorist attack”, and there’s practically hee-haw decoration around. It couldn’t feel less Christmassy where I live. Even at my work, somebody’s bumped the Christmas tree and lights from my office cupboard (that admittedly I bumped in the first place). It couldn’t feel less Christmassy where I work.

I’m needing advocat, lebkuchen and Wizzard, pronto.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 20:18

COVID definitely looming large over Christmas for me too.  I don't think the government will have a lockdown again, even if Omicron really demands it: it requires guts they don't have.  Therefore my big worry is that one of the two trips I've got planned for the rest of the month before I go see my parents infects me.

Sorry you don't have the Christmassy feeling Cappa - although it has just turned December, maybe chaps 'round your way will get more into the spirit now?  I'll probably shove up the decorations this weekend.  

I had my first mulled wine of the season today.  It tasted awful. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Dec 2021 - 9:23

I've done a few christmassy bits and pieces so I'm starting to get there. Was meant to be in Dublin today for the Christmas party but they had to cancel so we're having a London based one tonight instead. I'm still not super christmassy mind, but got a tree coming over tomorrow so between the party and that it should start getting me there.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 6:56

I've got the tree up, a wreath on my door, I'm knee-deep in organising Christmas and Winter lessons at work, I've recorded a Christmas episode of the Sci-Fi Sanctuary.

I'm about as Christmassy as I ca be, but my family are on the other side of the planet, I live in a country which doesn't have a national holiday on Christmas and there won't be a Chrimbo issue of NGamer or even ONM coming through my door Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 17:35

It was payday on Friday so did all my xmas shopping which is lame as all part cousins and secret santas have presents, all the rest having cash.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 18:55

masofdas wrote:
all the rest having cash.

Laughing yeah me and my sister did something even worse. She lives in Spain, but we didn't even bother transferring money this year, we just bought our own presents. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 19:05

My problem is my Dad still ill and basically doesn't do anything now, my Uncle actually needs the money.

Which just leaves my grandparents, and I've got no idea what to get 86 year olds, that have everything they would want or can just get it.

That just easier everyone gets the same. Why I was upset when it looked like the forum secret santa wasn't going to happen, as part from it and works, only ones that can actually buy neat stuff for.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 19:50

Dad can't have chocs/wine? Aww! My parents do just get that these days, it's my sister and my partner (and my forum santee) who get anything worthy of note. Admittedly they both give me lists and I just choose off those...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 19:56

Can't have dairy or alcohol, and even tried things makes him ill that only eats porridge or white fish, and like said doesn't leave house unless "food" shopping or appointment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 20:00

Ouch, yep that's rough. Aww! Money it is!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 Dec 2021 - 16:40

The baw's up on the slates. Most of my colleagues have been identified as close contacts of positive COVID cases, and the work’s Christmas night out on Friday is off. That’s right after I missed a different Christmas night out last weekend because I was gubbed with the cold. The other Christmassy day out I had planned looks like it’ll get cancelled any minute now. Thumbs Down...

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 EmptyWed 8 Dec 2021 - 19:43

Yep, looks like another COVID Christmas. One of my Christmas dos has been cancelled, and now The Lady's making awkward noises about us going for our Christmas dinner. Hopefully at least we'll all get to see our families this year. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next