We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Rum
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 18:00

Balladeer wrote:
I wish everyone would stop calling Yoshi "Yoe-shi".  Everyone apart from Yoshi himself. Evil or Very Mad

I have always pronounced Yoshi as yoe-shi, and I shall continue to do so without remorse!  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2016 - 20:29

Just got my first taste of an encore battle (or whatever it's called - my memory is shocking; it literally happened within the last twenty minutes). It seems nice but as my default (YES) position is to default on the first turn, I may not see its benefits very often.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2016 - 20:53

I'm an impatient sod, so while I Default up for bosses (usually - there are a couple of cases where giving bosses turns to "stat up" ends very badly), I generally Brave for random enemies. And sometimes, yes, I paid for it. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016 - 6:12

Personally I did a bit of both, I'd take things nice and carefully for the first time I encountered an enemy, defaulting with all but the tank of the party while I whipped out a Magnifying Glass to see their info, then I'd spam brave x4 on the entire party and wipe them out every battle after, assuming I can kill them in one turn anyway.  Baddies in the final dungeon got a bit too HP heavy for my slightly underleveled party to ohko.  

I will say one thing, you'll want to learn to use the chain battle feature for grinding, it's how you get jobs to high levels before chapter 5 and 6.  I found Chariots Weapon Toss a good skill for this as with good enough weapons and a high enough level you could kill the entire enemy team in a single turn, get lucky and you'll get a free brave and be able to string together 8+ rounds at once with the bonus multiplier going up every round (capping at 3x).  I sometimes got upwards of 30 rounds myself.  Just remember to turn off EXP gain if you don't want to overlevel and do this.  

The other reason this works, and works on any job you want to level, is because the Weapon Toss and Throw moves of the Chariot Class don't use your stats, they use your level and the weapon itself to determine damage, so you'll get roughly the same damage from it whether you be using the Chariot itself or a Bishop.  It works an absolute treat for getting high chain multipliers and getting jobs to level 6-7 early on.

/tipsnobodycaresabout
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016 - 7:17

Cheers, boss! Grin

Prologue:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016 - 7:32

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016 - 8:52

I reckon the pacing slows down a tad in the next couple of chapters, although that might just be the side quests slowing my progression instead.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016 - 22:06

Proud to announce that I've just been shown worked out the point of the encore battles: it ramps up the rewards you can get from battling enemies in areas you've already been through, so that your experience points and job points are always ticking over. Bravely Second wants you to succeed. I approve.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016 - 22:08

Bravely Second's good like that. If you had a wedding, Bravely Second would be your best man and give a speech praising you, but without being too cringy/unsubtle; alternatively it would be equally happy to sit in the aisles, but would help with the setting up and clearing up if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 7:58

ZeroJones wrote:
Just got my first taste of an encore battle (or whatever it's called - my memory is shocking; it literally happened within the last twenty minutes). It seems nice but as my default (YES) position is to default on the first turn, I may not see its benefits very often.

Truly, the future makes fools of us all. I try to get at least one every time now. Risk ENCOURAGED! Embarrassed

In other news...

Chapter 1:
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: nice work! Bravely second limited edition   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 19:08

Yeah got the last Bravely Second limited edition box from my GAME store and showed it to @masofdas inspired to get it too

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 160e3faa-6ef7-4369-aac8-a3f1b3e0c1eb_zpsi5top9g3

it was truely beautiful art book, CD music and little figuring! I would strongly recommend it towards anyone in to adventure & role playing

anyways to the game play itself! well it's so up to its standed as the first game! again you need the time and the patients for this great game to fully enjoy the fullest. I have spend a good amount of time in it so far and I am pleased what I am playing and seeing! from the creators from final fantasy, you really can't go wrong with game if your in to those sorts aswell.

I hope to see even more bravely adventures when I have completed this game! here's me hoping for the future with the new nintendo handheld

what did others think about it? I have showed pictures to see what it's like Bounce

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 0e59a757-5a30-4f37-81cb-660eef084f3f_zps9ap1vbeq
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 21:01

Merged your topic with the main Bravely Second one, flora. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 21:04

ZeroJones wrote:
In other news...

Chapter 1:

Keen to know which option you go for, sir! You can find Athrun's and my answers, for the most part, throughout the thread.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 17:24

Chapter 1 Quête de Côté:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 21:14

But...:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 10:57

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 19:27

Chapter 1 progress:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 19:32

I very rarely used the Bravely Second.  I reckon the game overexaggerates its importance, for the most part.

Also, regarding the boss...:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 19:40

Chapter 1 still:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016 - 20:21

The job's worth it though, very useful especially late-game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 9:36

Chapter 1 again:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 9:50

Ah yes, probably should have warned you - apparently that's a massive mistake. Bolting stable door post-horse, I know. Aww!

According to the Internet:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 10:04

Thanks for letting me know, but I know I would have made the same choice anyway. I said from the start that I'd make the choices that I would genuinely make if I were in those situations, regardless of the benefits to the team. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 11:01

On your head! I was really torn there, but the job choice did sway me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 7:07

Chapter 1:

mas, have you made much progress?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next