We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Affordable Space Adventures

Go down 
+6
fronkhead
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Jimbob
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Affordable Space Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptySat 12 Apr 2014 - 18:11

I first remember seeing this on one of those badly-presented indie games videos that Mas updates on; but it was reading the ONM article this month that got me really excited for this.
The marketing sheet is here, and there's a trailer here. If you dunno, it's a game about a spaceship supplied by a cheapo company that mass-produces shoddy spaceships. You have to pilot it and change systems using the GamePad, but it's mega-easy to break the ship by giving it too much to do at once. The graphics are beautiful, and the GamePad controls make perfect sense. I want to play this NOW.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 11:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Advenutes" -> "Adventures")
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 2:30

Aye I spoke about this a while back in the e shop thread, very excited for it as everything about it just screams top quality.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 7:52

"Advenutes"? Nah nah! 

Yep, this looks interesting. You can really tell where each of the two companies has had an influence. That said, "Suspenseful stealth puzzling"? I don't like stealth much...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 11:04

Balladeer wrote:
"Advenutes"? Nah nah! 
Affordable Space Adventures Tumblr_mdloa4tUC01qcbzi7
Uh, is there a way for me to alter this so I look like less of an idiot? (Or maybe I'm keeping in character with the game? Hint: no)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 11:13

You can edit the OP, or just ask an admin. to do it for you.

You're welcome. Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 13:25

Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
"Advenutes"? Nah nah! 
Affordable Space Adventures Tumblr_mdloa4tUC01qcbzi7
Uh, is there a way for me to alter this so I look like less of an idiot? (Or maybe I'm keeping in character with the game? Hint: no)

Ahh Friday night dinner, one of the best modern sitcoms out there.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 19:29

Quick, someone say something awesome about Affordable Space Adventures to change the subject
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 21:18

The best thing about Affordable Space Adventures is how everything has correct spelling.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 10:28

The demo of this on the treehouse stream has me completely sold on this, it just looks like so much fun & the co-op is pretty clever as well.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 13:03

Oooh, I was going to comment on this, and then I forgot! Embarrassed Anyway, although the set-up initially sounded like Solar Jetman - which is a great game - having read the ONM article it sounds like something completely different... yet still cool. It's another one to keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 18:31

I played this today at EGX: it's brilliant. Probably the best use of the GamePad yet in my eyes: as we know, its large touchscreen is used to display a charming set of Space Ship controls (and instructional videos) and its right stick being used to operate the searchlight.

So you can play it in single player, with the left stick moving your ship and the right stick operating the searchlight (there's some fantastic lighting going on), or multiplayer which becomes an asymmetric play thing where one player controls the ship with a Wiimote and the other keeps tabs on the controls. Good for messing about too.

There's a whole tonne of different ship controls to play about with: a stabiliser, a mass generator (useful when you go underwater), a scanner and so on, and it all masterfully combines new ship controls with new obstacles: enemy "artifacts" will attack you if they sense a certain about of heat off your ship, for example, which encourages you to navigate environments in increasingly clever ways, using all combinations of engine types and controls.

It's really ace, and I genuinely can't wait for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 18:41

I will keep my eye on that Saturday, what were the queues like.

Was indie games like this easier to play over a SMASH.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 18:48

masofdas wrote:
I will keep my eye on that Saturday, what was the queues like. Was indie games like this easy to play.

Yup, there were only queues for the bigger games (Smash, Splatoon) but everything else was fine (indies on One/PS4 were also fine to queue for).

Definitely play Affordable Space Adventures, it was the most fun I had at the show, and a laugh in co-op.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 18:56

The ONE has Indies Suspect

But I'm CO-OPing with Ibbsters that won't end well also I don't think he's a indie fan.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 22:34

fronkhead wrote:
I played this today at EGX: it's brilliant.
Yay!
(Didn't know what else to write - just excited like)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014 - 7:21

Sounding good! Also sound hard, especially for a person who is not a multitasker like me. But I'm very interested nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014 - 18:46

I can only echo what others have said & hopefully it is not too far off from release.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:39

According to Knapnok Games' Twitter, this is in final testing so should be out within the next few weeks! Excite!

Someone should review this for Gintendo, I'm sure if you give them a holler they'll respond.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:41

Already spoke to them, I think they will send us a code.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 8:22

A silly thought struck me a few days ago: if this had been called 'Nice, Affordable Space Adventures', then its acronym would have been 'NASA'.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 17:28

Hehe! That would have been nice, I will also remind folk in here that this is out 9th April.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 18:40

This has moved from 'eyes on it' to 'going to get it'. It sounds like the kind of quirky game that I buy Nintendo consoles to play. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:11

Well guess who's in line for the review code if we get one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 8:42

So we've got a price £16.99 well that is Affordable but not Nicely priced would of liked to seen it a little cheaper. But as this is a Wii U exclusive KnapNok have said this is there only revenue stream coming in and not see a discount in till at least the winter at the earliest.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 18:40

If it's a decently sized package then I have no issue with that price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures Empty

Back to top Go down

Affordable Space Adventures
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next