We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Affordable Space Adventures

Go down 
+6
fronkhead
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Jimbob
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 11:39

Agree there might be more exciting things on a console at retail but disagree about better as that is subjective but as you know from last year my some of my fav games were downloads.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 11:50

I tend to find that downloads are enjoyable little (often throwaway) experiences, however I can actually get stuck into a retail game therefore, more often than not, I find them to be better.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 12:03

See to me that LITTLE belittles downloads, I know I'm saying downloads as that's what they are you have to download them but we should just think of all games as games hence why something like Shovel Knight can win GOTY awards over what would be considered to be bigger & better games by most. Because it's a good game it doesn't matter that it's a download.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 12:46

But they are little, they're a fraction of the gaming goodness of a larger title. They may have interesting ideas and they often stretch that idea as far as it can go. For a big title to stay consistantly good for its longer game time, that is a better, more varied game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 12:55

But longer game time doesn't mean it's better either or neither does it being larger like open world or having better graphics what ever.

To me it's about gameplay & story and now most download titles do that far better than the boring mundane play it safe big budget titles which I would say aren't more varied far from it. Which I am enjoying less and less I come to find, I know OldSchool & Stu have said similar things on that.

But main reason I find calling them belittling is what if I was a developer of ASA which I've spent years on (we've know about it for a good while) and they I see someone say I wait in till its cheaper that little game, I would be rather annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 13:42

I'm not saying the 2 are 100% linked, but if i can play a game for 15 or so hours and it's coming up with new ideas, keeping it exciting and fun, that's a lot more valuable (in any sense of the word) than a game that is less than 5 hours and doing the same. Downloadable titles are often packed with great ideas, but I think you're being overly harsh on the big releases. Sure CoD doesn't massively change up its formula every year, but that's what the fanbase wants/needs.

As for the pricing, they decided it was that price... I could try and sell my mug for £30 but nobody is going to buy it...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:03

Maybe I don't know how long ASA is but it shouldn't matter it's 5hrs and some retail game is 15hrs, being 15hrs long doesn't mean it's a better experience then the 5hr game and that retail game is likely £40 where ASA is £17 which likely you say that's what they've priced it at at you could price your mug at £30 it won't sell.

Well I hope gamers are wise enough to checkout reviews etc and make there own mind up if the game is worth there money be it a download & 5hrs long or a retail game & 15hr's long and buy what they think is the best value for there money.

I think your being overly harsh on what is deemed to be a little game by you,

I do buy COD and I do like it, it feels like the fast food of gaming but some of these download are becoming to me the Nouvelle cuisine of gaming which in gaming terms if you gave me a choice of Black Ops III or something like Talos Principle, I know which one I would be buying.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:24

All I'm saying is it costs too much for me personally. Some folks will get £50 out of it, but I know I won't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:32

But it's not at from the looks of it it's worth the £17 and if it's for 5hrs of quality gaming that's better to me then £50 for dull 15hrs annualised retail game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:55

As he said Mas that is just his personal opinion and he's not saying the game is bad because of it's price point, which is the impression I've got when some (not all) complain about ASA's price.

The fact that some of the reviews I've read don't even mention it says it all really.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:57

Yeah because they don't need to bring it up as it shouldn't be a factor as long as it's good which from reviews it seems to be.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 17:00

In reviews it's not a factor, but for the average guy it is. I want to make the most out of my money, but I know I'm much more likely to play Arkham City for the 7th or so time than play some of my downloads that have fallen by the wayside.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 18:52

Most of the things andy's saying about download titles are the reasons I'm moving towards playing more of them. I love making progress quickly through them instead of spending an hour getting a millimetre closer to the end of a bigger game.

It all just goes to prove that value is calculated differently for different gamers, and none of us have it wrong as long as we're enjoying ourselves and the games we play. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Affordable Space Adventures   Affordable Space Adventures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Affordable Space Adventures
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3