We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pier Solar and The Great Architects

Go down 
+3
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Pier Solar and The Great Architects Empty
PostSubject: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:02

I'm putting here after mine and Balla's debate over Child of Light.

This has been given a new trailer this is looking good and can't wait to play it in Q3. I will be buying I think on Wii U due to watermelon saying that they will use the gamepad. Of course I'm getting the DREAMCAST version but that will be staying sealed and unless they do a reprint like they did with the Mega Drive doubt I'll ever play it on the DC & see how they used the VMU.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 14:31

Q3, eh?  Wikipedia needs to step their game up: they're still saying Q2.  Anyhoo, looks nice enough.  Good spritey JRPG.  
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 17:25

Well I don't see it coming out before Tuesday. And the Nintendo press report has it down for Q3.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 10:01

Microsoft are shit and the console market would be better if they went out of business.

How much of this is anger, and how much genuine sentiment?  You decide.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 10:41

Some of the stuff there doing sounds great to the game.  But that dam it has to come out same is stupid,  there must be away around it as contrast came out on ps4 like 6 months ago and has only just come out on the ONE.

You still Microsoft need balla or there will be just Sony & Nintendo with Nintendo not much competition to Sony it seems the industry wouldn't move forward and wouldn't get better game's.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:14

Bah. Although it does give me time to scale some of the vast mountain of other RPG's in the ol' backlog. Microsoft's parity clause is a bane to consumers, developers and publishers alike. Companies need to make money to pay people, dagnabbit!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:19

The competition argument is one that I believe in, and reel out all the time; but do I want a competitor that's patently anti-competition? Not really.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:20

Especially for a company like watermelon whom are small and only done the mega drive version of this before.

Another one I can think of that was PS4 & just come to ONE is Outlast and The Witness is a timed exclusive for PS4 when that comes outs. So there is away around some how, maybe don't tell MS then after it's out on X cosnoel go to them and go were thinking of bringing it to you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 14:18

There really is no need for MS to be doing that especially with smaller indie companies, its basically bullying & it shows why they were having trouble attracting the indie devs for the last year compared to Sony/Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 0:10

Two minds about this.... This sucks, but at the same time, I can't deny that I'd absolutely love it if Nintendo had enough sway to have their own Parity clause.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 7:18

No. Absolutely not. If Nintendo had their own parity clause, I'd have to hate them for it too, and I don't want to hate Nintendo.

That said, I'm surprised that, in the Steam-and-phone-centric world of the indie developer (with some efforts coming out on Vita too), MS have that sway. They're pretty much the least indie company. That ID@XBox programme must be vomiting up a lot of dosh.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 7:23

Nintendo should come out with a Parroty clause, where all ports of multi-format games have to have parrots in them.

...look, it's early. They can't all be winners.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 20:04

According to the internet - I read this somewhere - they're all losers and we should all hate them and ourselves.

Meanwhile this game looks nice and I'm pleased they got past the Release It On Archaic Software phase.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 20:10

It's getting a Dreamcast release Jimbob and watermelon are working on a mega drive & snes game at the moment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 16:32

Dev Diary from a few days ago, BETA on PS3
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 10:18

Diary Number 4
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:29

I feel like Jas in the Monster Hunter Thread, but anyway this coming out the end of the month on everything but Xbone, WiiU where it's going for certification, so should soon be with us. There's no word on the dreamcast release though but I was keeping that sealed, so I'm looking at either the PS4 version or waiting for the Wii U version as I reckon Watermelon would of used the gamepad for something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:41

Four posts in a row? Mas, I would seriously suggest waiting until somebody else shows some interest now. Don't make me do a "GamesCom thread". (And no, this doesn't count. I'll show interest on the week of its Wii U release.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:48

Why it's always me though, you didn't say anything to Jas about his three posts in a row about MH4U.

I did miss out some week of the dev diary as no one seemed interested in this game, I put up the first as it was the first and 4th as it was the game going to final testing (on PS3/4) which I thought was import info and of course today where we now know when it's coming to about 6 different platforms & rough idea of the rest.

But I do have another thought shouldn't this come out at the same time due to that clause that Microsoft has.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:01

If Jas had kept going without any response, I'd have said the same to him (despite MH4 being a much bigger game). No matter who it is, a comment stream is only any good if someone else is interested. Four's the magic number where I'll generally step in and say something: even I've made the odd triple-post. (See the music thread...)

Anyway, this isn't meant to be threatening, just a point to note. Even if I did lock the thread, I'd open it nearer release, when I (at least) would have something to say about it. Got nothing now, though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 21:54

Just thought I'd say I usually leave it a few weeks between multiple posts if possible (which to be fair Mas has done) but an even better thing to do if no one seems interested either leave it entirely or edit the new info into the last post you made.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 15:52

Hopefully I won't get told off but with this now being on PS4 which I own I asked on twitter if it was worth waiting for the Wii U version which is coming very soon and if the PS4 version used any of the PS4 features but the reply was just here's a trailer for the Wii U version.

But my reply on the website was this

Hello Chris,

The WiiU has some minimap and inventory on the game pad. The PS4 version, doesn't use the touch pad, so it's not exactly same.

I think WiiU version is best, closer to the dreamcast version feature-wise.

Thank you,
Fonzie

So there we go I'm waiting for the Wii U version but also seems the dreamcast version might be rather good as well.

Here's a review.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptySat 18 Oct 2014 - 21:15

Double Post

The game was dated for next week eShop by Nintendo for the USA at least then it was pulled down with watermelon putting out a statement saying more info on pier solar coming next week.

also push square the playstation version of nintendolife have reviewed it with this summary:

Stating that ‘you’ll enjoy this game if you’re a fan of the genre’ is arguably the most meaningless and overused video game review cliché of all time. But in the case of Pier Solar HD, it's startlingly accurate. This is a retro RPG down to its very core, and if you aren’t prepared to accept its charmingly archaic quirks, you probably won’t relish your time with it. However, if you are willing to embrace its idiosyncrasies – some amiable, some aggravating - you’ll find a veritable wealth of content to explore.

And they gave it a 6/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 19:10

Retro RPG's are right up my street (probably praying at the church for one of the characters to be resurrected (yes, there's a church on my street)), so the closer this gets, the more likely a download is. Having said that, I've got EarthBound, Superstar Saga and Golden Sun breathing down my neck for playtime...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 9:57

It's good to see there's a few of us looking at this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects Empty

Back to top Go down

Pier Solar and The Great Architects
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next