We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pier Solar and The Great Architects

Go down 
+3
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 16:44

I hope I don't feel the wrath of Balla with this double post but have left a few bit's of news for this one post.

1. I will start with Nintendo Life who reviewed the game and much like there sister site Push Square found the same issues that the game archaic and it got a 6/10.

I think there both missing the point of game it was designed and made for the mega drive which of course has limitations of what you can do and it was made for people that crew up with likes Phantasy Star (I didn't as I was to young for that type of game) hence why I've een some retro reviewers give it a 9/10 as it's as good as those games it's paying homage to.

So if you are looking at this bare that in mind.

2. So this has been out for a while on USA download services and we knew the Dreamcast version would be the last to come out, well I got a email saying the dreamcast version has gone into production & will get a launch date confirmed within the next 2 weeks . They've had problems getting blue EU cases for it also the strategy guide is still to coming but date unknown due to working on other thing.

3. So the USA has it and Dreamcast version is coming, which you might be thinking where is it on EU download services as it's coming out on them before the dreamcast well it went live this morning on PS3/4 in the EU for £9.99 which hopefully means the Wii U version should be any week now.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 19:51

If it's hard for me to justify downloading Paper Monsters Recut or Tengami, the chances of Pier Solar getting picked up any time soon have got to be reduced. 6/10 is a painful score from NintendoLife, as well, even with taking its unashamed retro love into consideration. Shovel Knight has the same kind of commitment and it's been reviewed pretty well. I'll get it - just not in the near future.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 22:43

I've only played level 1 of SK but I don't know if it has some modern ideas later on and was designed for 3DS, Wii U and PC in mind where Pier was designed with a mega drive in mind so there could be design stuff holding it back as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 8:50

Yup, that score has put me off as well.  So far I only know of two sources of opinions on this: that 6/10, and Masofdas' unabashed love for it.  And I'm thinking that a lot of the latter stems more from the game coming out first on Dreamcast.  We know how much you love the console, Mas, and this review makes me think that it's seriously affected your perceptions of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 10:15

Actually Mega Drive first, like said there is other reviews which I've put up like the dreamcastguy who gave it 9/10 in his video saying he thinks it better or as good as Phantasy' Star etc. I think the retro community has really got behind it though so you could be right about me & others because it was on mega drive & coming to dreamcast we all automatically love it. But I've seen some other indie dreamcast games and they look like utter shite.

It's meta score isn't great either Balla most saying it's a old game and once the nostalgia & wonder of this new/old game wears off it's just okay but won't reach the heights of games it's inspiring to be but then look at user scores which can be a little bad on meta, it's decent for this. That is for the PS4 version as that has enough reviews to have a meta score.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:22

I have put in the writes thread but I did a interview with Tulio I asked him what he thought of the reviews of the game, might be worth a look guys on Gintendo.

Also I plan to review the Dreamcast version for the site, unless it comes sealed then I will play the Wii U version at the time DC version comes out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 15:46

It finally came today on Dreamcast after over 2 years wait, I put a video up on yesterday I bought thread.

Anyway I fired the game up on DC and it looks lovely also I don't know if the gamepad uses it but radar on the VMU is so neat.

I may now get around to playing it, most likely on the Wii U over DC as I wanted to keep mint as I can and Wii U is the correct ratio to my TV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pier Solar and The Great Architects   Pier Solar and The Great Architects - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pier Solar and The Great Architects
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2